OT: 2014 NFL Football discussion II: Peyton's #1 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
I believe they referenced a similar call to Calvin Johnson a few years ago?

edit: Reported and confirmed that Peyton Manning played the last month with a torn right quad. Makes sense, ouch.

Last edited:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I believe they referenced a similar call to Calvin Johnson a few years ago?

Calvin's was an even worse reversal imo. His butt was on the ground after catching it with control and 2 feet down and as he rolled over to get up, he left the ball on the ground to go celebrate. They considered him losing the ball (leaving it on the ground) not controlling it throughout the process of going to the ground.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
My goodness I hope Indy beats NE.

Aside from my great hatred for the Pats, I think the SB is going to have one helluva matchup. 4 great teams.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I have no faith in the Colts to beat NE at this point. I like them, but their already questionable defense is going to get absolutely dissected by Brady.

I guess I have to root for the Seahawks now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
BriskHandsomeGrasshopper.gif

Did you notice that his right elbow was already down? <----Down by contact, anyone? :dunno:

Looks like he was extending the ball with his left hand there.

Seems like he had control to me.

Even at the beginning of this gif, he had the ball IN BOTH HANDS and then switched it to his left. :rant:

But you're right that he should've just kept the ball to his body and not gotten greedy.

That said, I don't think in his wildest dreams(or nightmares) could he have imagined such a call going against him like this.

Just reconfirms that Dez should of just brought the ball in and there would of been zero problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad