OT: 2014 NFL Football discussion II: Peyton's #1 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
carson palmer beats the bengals in the superbowl because thats how ohio sports work.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So 1-2 in both leagues now, but I have serious running back issues in my ESPN league.

Veeren looks like garbage, Tate hurt, now Woodhead is done for the year. Only got Ellington right now. Have Jamal Charles back up who had a good week, but only works if Charles doesn't go next week (imagine he will play). What a mess.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
chiefs would be wise to keep using knile davis to spell charles, even if davis is kind of a big time fumbler.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
So 1-2 in both leagues now, but I have serious running back issues in my ESPN league.

Veeren looks like garbage, Tate hurt, now Woodhead is done for the year. Only got Ellington right now. Have Jamal Charles back up who had a good week, but only works if Charles doesn't go next week (imagine he will play). What a mess.

Go run for Alfred Blue if Foster is going to be a walking injury the whole season

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Anyone that has any running back depth in fantasy, it's a shock. My one twelve-team league (two RB's and a Flex) I still have as good depth as anyone with Murray, Foster/Blue, Bradshaw and CJ though CJ's looked like crap the last two weeks and I had to drop Shonn Greene cause I need both a bye-week TE and a DEF next week and wanted to jump on the Chargers' D before my opponent - who also needs a bye-week D.

In my sixteen team league I have Gio Bernard and Moreno (you only need one RB and a Flex, which is usually a WR anyway cause of it being a PPR league) but of course Moreno gets hurt right before Gio's bye, thankfully I was able to get Donald Brown.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Annoying that the Vikings aren't putting the ball in Patterson's hands more, especially now that Peterson is out. Hopefully they stick with Bridgewater and that'll change.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Anyone that has any running back depth in fantasy, it's a shock. My one twelve-team league (two RB's and a Flex) I still have as good depth as anyone with Murray, Foster/Blue, Bradshaw and CJ though CJ's looked like crap the last two weeks and I had to drop Shonn Greene cause I need both a bye-week TE and a DEF next week and wanted to jump on the Chargers' D before my opponent - who also needs a bye-week D.

In my sixteen team league I have Gio Bernard and Moreno (you only need one RB and a Flex, which is usually a WR anyway cause of it being a PPR league) but of course Moreno gets hurt right before Gio's bye, thankfully I was able to get Donald Brown.

It's crazy because in my other league my only injury at RB is deangelo Williams and he is pure bench player. I have bell and forte with Fred Jackson ready to come in for either of them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Annoying that the Vikings aren't putting the ball in Patterson's hands more, especially now that Peterson is out. Hopefully they stick with Bridgewater and that'll change.

Problem is he's gonna get quadruple teamed the rest of the season since the rest of their offense is straight garbage without AP.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Just made an offer where I'd be giving up Antonio Brown for Lacy. I have Megatron and Crabtree and Tate as other receivers. But my RBs are brutal: Martin, Rainey, Pierce, CJ?k.

Thoughts?

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Just made an offer where I'd be giving up Antonio Brown for Lacy. I have Megatron and Crabtree and Tate as other receivers. But my RBs are brutal: Martin, Rainey, Pierce, CJ?k.

Thoughts?

At this point I'd be offering up Crabtree for Lacy. He just hasn't been good and the Packers look like a team that will be playing from behind a lot this year (thus not running much in the 2nd half).

Keep your top 2 WR's.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas killed in a car accident on Sunday morning.

The 911 tapes were just released, and according to his wife he was behaving odd like he was on drugs. Or maybe he snapped. He took off in his car, but prior to that they, "didn't even know him"

This has been your latest episode of, "As The NFL Turns".

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
The 911 tapes were just released, and according to his wife he was behaving odd like he was on drugs. Or maybe he snapped. He took off in his car, but prior to that they, "didn't even know him"

This has been your latest episode of, "As The NFL Turns".

A lot of weird details coming out about this. Apparently he tried to run multiple people off the road and followed and threatened to kill some college kids before he eventually crashed. Sounds like the dude was either high on something serious or went into some manic state. Whole thing is bizarre.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Thoughts?

At this point I'd be offering up Crabtree for Lacy. He just hasn't been good and the Packers look like a team that will be playing from behind a lot this year (thus not running much in the 2nd half).

Keep your top 2 WR's.

Agreed, I would definitely keep your strength in your WRs. The Packers offense doesn't look as prolific as years past but I understand the chance your willing to take with him.

After week 2, I offered Reggie Wayne and a RB that had out produced Lacy the first 2 weeks and was rejected, so good luck :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I have some good WR depth in the league with no RBs. Have D Thomas. Benjamin. Patterson. Wallace. Wheaton. And josh Gordon. Thinking of putting a trade package together. Suggestions on who to try and ship off for a RB?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I have some good WR depth in the league with no RBs. Have D Thomas. Benjamin. Patterson. Wallace. Wheaton. And josh Gordon. Thinking of putting a trade package together. Suggestions on who to try and ship off for a RB?

I'm trying to do the same thing in my league. I loaded up on WRs with the thought of taking chances on a few RBs and finding the right backups or being smart on the waiver wire. Picking up Gordon when it was announced he might be back this year adds to my strategy of putting some of my WR depth into a package with a lesser RB to get a more reliable one.

Demaryious Thomas
Julio Jones
Reggie Wayne
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandin Cooks
Josh Gordon

Rashad Jennings
Donald Brown
Knile Davis
Toby Gerhart
Bobby Rainey

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm trying to do the same thing in my league. I loaded up on WRs with the thought of taking chances on a few RBs and finding the right backups or being smart on the waiver wire. Picking up Gordon when it was announced he might be back this year adds to my strategy of putting some of my WR depth into a package with a lesser RB to get a more reliable one.

Demaryious Thomas
Julio Jones
Reggie Wayne
DeAndre Hopkins
Brandin Cooks
Josh Gordon

Rashad Jennings
Donald Brown
Knile Davis
Toby Gerhart
Bobby Rainey

Have Davis too. Also have Ellington vereen and Tate so I definitely need to upgrade. A healthy Tate and Ellington is not bad but would definitely like an upgrade as the waiver wire is thin. (Blue and the one back from Baltimore is best available)

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Have Davis too. Also have Ellington vereen and Tate so I definitely need to upgrade. A healthy Tate and Ellington is not bad but would definitely like an upgrade as the waiver wire is thin. (Blue and the one back from Baltimore is best available)

I had Tate and dropped him. Never should have drafted him, he's so damn injury prone and I have zero confidence in him. He's still available out there.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Problem is he's gonna get quadruple teamed the rest of the season since the rest of their offense is straight garbage without AP.

Pretty much. Without the threat of a running game, it's pretty easy to defend the Vikings. Patterson and Rudolph are the only real receiving threats you have to worry about. Every team I follow has trouble scoring, whether it's hockey or football.:shakehead

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pretty much. Without the threat of a running game, it's pretty easy to defend the Vikings. Patterson and Rudolph are the only real receiving threats you have to worry about. Every team I follow has trouble scoring, whether it's hockey or football.:shakehead

I think Rudolph is out 6-8 weeks too.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Ya I dumped Rudolph. I had wood head from the chargers too. Another cut because of injury. Maybe I can fool someone into taking Patterson for a RB

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
peterson really picked a bad time to go do some whoopin, teddy could really use a good RB to lean on his first year instead he has something called a matt asiata

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
In one of my 10 team leagues I have Ryan at QB, Gio, Stacy, Morris, Gerhart, Ridley at RB, D.Thomas, Patterson ,Wallace, Cooks, Michael Floyd at WR, and Ertz and Gronk at TE. 3-0 so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad