2014 Mock Draft by Team Board Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Nylander will probably start as a winger and gradually turn to center at some point. he might fit well with a two way center in Horvat.....could be similar to beregeron/Seguin

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I wouldn't put too much stock into that considering he's been playing with men all season. under 18 would be a joke for him.

Well, most posters here didn't have much exposure to him so it's not surprising that they would be changing their tune when they see/hear how good he is. If anything, in terms of their accomplishments this season, it was Ehlers who had been unnecessarily hyped up relative to the other guys (especially Nylander).

(For the record, as I said before, I'm ok with any of Ritchie, Ehlers, Nylander and Virtanen but my personal preference is for Nylander.)

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Looks like it's a 3 way race between Ritchie, Ehlers, and Nylander, with a slight edge to the swede. Will be interesting to see if opinions will change after the U18s/Mem Cup/Combine

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Looks like it's a 3 way race between Ritchie, Ehlers, and Nylander, with a slight edge to the swede. Will be interesting to see if opinions will change after the U18s/Mem Cup/Combine

When are you moving on to Carolina? Or are you going to wait?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
They're not tough.

They're just allowed to commit murder on ice and get away with it.

From decapitating opposing players using the stanchion to neutering them, you name it, they'll do it.

Indeed. They do what they can get away with. The sign of most championship teams really.

Look at Sutter's philosophy: just keep committing infractions because the refs will simply stop calling them. It works well in the NHL because the officials always think they need to even things up etc etc etc.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Indeed. They do what they can get away with. The sign of most championship teams really.

Look at Sutter's philosophy: just keep committing infractions because the refs will simply stop calling them. It works well in the NHL because the officials always think they need to even things up etc etc etc.

Ugh, makes me so mad. It's also the Seattle Seahawks defensive strategy. "They're not going to call pass/defensive interference on EVERY play, just keep doing it."

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
  • Well, most posters here didn't have much exposure to him so it's not surprising that they would be changing their tune when they see/hear how good he is. If anything, in terms of their accomplishments this season, it was Ehlers who had been unnecessarily hyped up relative to the other guys (especially Nylander).
(For the record, as I said before, I'm ok with any of Ritchie, Ehlers, Nylander and Virtanen but my personal preference is for Nylander.)

Probably fair. Though Pronman has said there are quite a few teams that see Ehlers as the obvious pick at 6 (and a contingent of teams that feel the exact opposite). He's an interesting case.

His production/skating are enough for me to be sold on him, particularly after seeing Nyquist develop in Detroit this season.

I'd be happy with any of the above except Virtanen at 6. I think if the team wants Virtanen they can take the risk of trading down to 9 -- if someone else takes him, one of Ehlers/Nylander/Ritchie is still available at 9. That makes more sense to me, even if they only get a 2nd round pick for doing so.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
the only thing i gather from this is that hfcanucks doesn't know which player they want. first it was Ritchie, then it was Ehlers and apparently the consensus is now Nylander :laugh:

Just goes to show the lack of separation in this group of prospects

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
the only thing i gather from this is that hfcanucks doesn't know which player they want. first it was Ritchie, then it was Ehlers and apparently the consensus is now Nylander :laugh:

Getting more and different information will change people's minds.

I bet a lot of fanbases will change their minds a lot about potential picks.

Yes there isn't much separation though.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

It's whoever's highlight package is posted most recently = we want to pick them.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
if we don't take nylander we will miss out on most talented player in the draft and unlikely to draft this high again

oh i don't know about that.

torts is still the coach and goaltending is still uncertain.

as well, talent doesn't always translate into success in the NHL

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
oh i don't know about that.

torts is still the coach and goaltending is still uncertain.

as well, talent doesn't always translate into success in the NHL

torts is likely gone and goaltending will be fine......Nylander did play here so he should suceed

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Poll is done and results have been recorded by the OP. Discussion can resume in the 6th overall pick thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad