2014 MLB Season Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I still don't have much hope for the Mets...they're in the place the Devils are heading - multiple years of total irrelevance. Obviously the Mets have pieces they can build around but not the budget to do it with or a GM willing to think outside the box. The fact they're even talking about Tejada AGAIN at shortstop tells you all you need to know about what a joke the Mets' management is.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I still don't have much hope for the Mets...they're in the place the Devils are heading - multiple years of total irrelevance. Obviously the Mets have pieces they can build around but not the budget to do it with or a GM willing to think outside the box. The fact they're even talking about Tejada AGAIN at shortstop tells you all you need to know about what a joke the Mets' management is.

They need new owners. They can't have the Coupons and expect to be contenders because they don't have the money to pay. But I do like what Alderson has done in office, the rotation is going to be scary good with Harvey healthy, Cuddyer is going to help out, and if d'Arnaud continues his progression he will be a stud. They need a few more pieces in the pen and a solid short stop and they are in position to contend for at least a wild card spot.

Hell, if Tejada posts 2012 numbers I could live with that until a better option comes available. There just is not a good enough SS available right now

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The Mets need new owners. I like the Cuddyer signing but that shouldn't be it. The fact that they want to trade Gee for a salary dump is a mistake. Somebody will get hurt and/or when they rest Harvey, they're going to need him in 2015.

And if they want to compete for a wild card they need to get a SS. No excuses. The Dodgers and Yankees replaced their starting SS within weeks. The Mets haven't replaced Reyes in 4 years.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
This year of Baseball could not come soon enough. The daily disappointment with the Devils is OLD. Bring on Spring Training.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad