GDT: 2014 Men's Ice Hockey Discussion

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
XLOIAQV.jpg

Seeing this definitely takes some of the sting out of Friday's game.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
I couldn't stay up to watch the game, happy about the result though.

I care more about individual players more than nationalities and the team with the most Sharks won. I'm happy for Marleau and Vlasic and glad they are coming home healthy.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Canada played dominantly when it counted the most. I was hoping Sweden would at least score but Canada's defense just shut everyone down. Glad to see Marleau and Vlasic win and come home healthy.

Really looking forward to the restart of the NHL season. Sharks are getting Healthy and it's going to be a fun month and a half.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 3h
Yzerman calls this the best defensive team Canada's ever had.

Pickles for #Peongchang !! LOL

Tomáš Hertl ‏@TomHertl 3h
Congratulations to Patrick Marleau and Marc-Édouard Vlasic gold medal.
@SanJoseSharks @Sochi2014

Cörey Masisak ‏@cmasisak22 3h
When asked a question about Jonathan Toews, Mike Babcock starts with, "I thought Sidney Crosby was so dominant."
LOLOLOLOL

Edit:
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3h
Yzerman just told me he's not going to be Canada GM again. "Time to move on," he smiled.

What? Noooooooooo lol

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
The best team won the Gold. Sad to see the US fold like a cheap tent in the medal game. Good to see the Sharks players made it out healthy and 3 out of 4 get to come home with medals.

Now, let's get back to Sharks hockey :D

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Patty and Pickles played huge roles for the team, one of them was practically out there at all times. Way to make the teal proud! They both look so enamored getting their medal as well.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I bet the coaches wished they had Justin Braun over Dirty Brown, but you guys know me. I never pass up an opportunity to say:

1- Dustin Brown is dirty
2- Havlat sucks
3- Olympic hockey should be for amateurs

If Havlat can keep up his performance in the last week prior, I will have to re-evaluate my position of always harping on Havlat. I need to see a point or two a week.

Also, do you believe the salary cap system is bringing an end to the small player agencies like Forward Hockey who represents Pavelski?

Compare the exposure in the press that Pavelski had to Parise who is represented by Newport Sports Management, which has a much bigger staff including those dedicated to marketing their players for endorsement deals.

Parise's Olympic performance was flat, and did not measure up to Pavelski's, imo. However, Parise dominated in the news a fluff pieces about players compared to Pavelski. That is very likely the work of the marketing staff at Newport making deals behind the scenes.

So that cap system predictable limits the players NHL salary which leaves endorsement deals as the best potential to make far more than the cap system allows.

Last edited:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I bet the coaches wished they had Justin Braun over Dirty Brown, but you guys know me. I never pass up an opportunity to say:

1- Dustin Brown is dirty
2- Havlat sucks
3- Olympic hockey should be for amateurs

If Havlat can keep up his performance in the last week prior, I will have to re-evaluate my position of always harping on Havlat. I need to see a point or two a week.

Also, do you believe the salary cap system is bringing an end to the small player agencies like Forward Hockey who represents Pavelski?

Compare the exposure in the press that Pavelski had to Parise who is represented by Newport Sports Management, which has a much bigger staff including those dedicated to marketing their players for endorsement deals.

Parise's Olympic performance was flat, and did not measure up to Pavelski's, imo. However, Parise dominated in the news a fluff pieces about players compared to Pavelski. That is very likely the work of the marketing staff at Newport making deals behind the scenes.

So that cap system predictable limits the players NHL salary which leaves endorsement deals as the best potential to make far more than the cap system allows.

I was scared that Dustin Brown was gonna do one of his signature knee-on-knee hits against Canada, especially since Tavares was already knocked out with a knee problem that will cost him the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad