GDT: 2014 Men's Ice Hockey Discussion

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
The Finland coaching staff is probably the best (at least amongst the decent nations) at choosing players who can succeed on big ice.
They just select the best they can get and run with it. From a people of 5+ million, we can't really leave that many excellent players out.

What we do have is a selection of excellent coaches, the last four or so national team coaches would do well in the NHL as far as the knowledge of the game goes. Intangibles like language of course hurt their chances. And, of course, having the best group of goalies in the world doesn't hurt =)

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Crosby is so, so, so good! The narrative after this game about him "showing up when it matters most" just because the puck finally went in for him is going to be horrible but his level of talent is off the charts and he is so fun to watch.

joseph_kerr

Apr 14, 2007
Sorry, just caught up on the rest of this thread. lolnoYandle and so forth

Marleau +1 so far, keep it up!

Pretty sure he was on the bench by the time Toews scored. St. Louis snaked that plus.

Damn shame Finland and Sweden had so many problems with centers this year. Rotten luck.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Congrats to Patty and Pickles. Both played very well and were consistently near the top of their positions I thought.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
That was some seriously dominating hockey from Canada thoughout the entire tournament.

I'm really happy for both Marleau & Vlasic, both who were great (and coming home healthy!).

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Damn, so good to see those medals draped around their necks.

I think I could use a nap now though.

EDIT: They came back from commercials with Marleau holding up the trophy with Crosby. Not sure if for team pic or what.

Last edited:

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
XLOIAQV.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad