GDT: 2014 Men's Ice Hockey Discussion

FSS

Aug 2, 2012
I thought the games were going to be slots of 4:30 and 7:30 (PST), but the front page of NHL.com says both the Czech/Sweden & Latvia/Swiss games are airing at 9AM on USA & MSNBC? I don't want to poke around the internet and accidentally see a score...but have those games already happened, and this is a time delayed airing...or are these live games?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Maybe they figured the would lose this game anyway and want to use Pavelec for the next two :dunno:

But boy do the Swedes look better, haha.

I've seen several people allude to this and if it's true it was a stupid decision (the Czech's have made many of them).

While Pavelec isn't great he's better the Kovar and Salak. I switched to the LAT-SUI game, it's very entertaining.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Kind of stupid NBC sports is only giving you 30 mins stream time....no wonder so many go to 3rd part streams. they really need to up their game, can't believe how much better Fox did streaming the Super Bowl this year.

Swiss qin their game with 8 secs in regulation, turned on the wrong game.

This tourny is going to upend my sleep schedule but I'm allright with that

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
What a heartbreaker for Latvia. Exceptional goaltending and the one that gets past him (looked like) it deflected off of his d-man. That was a good game!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad