2014 Free Agency and Trade Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think they need to be desperate now for a Dman. Not saying be stupid and do something ridiculous but at worse a one year option is staring them in the face.

Really don't think a better dman who going to fall from the sky from another team with cap issues that is worthwhile.

Tell me why the Islanders need to be "desperate." Are they just one top-4 defenseman away from winning the Cup? I mean do you want to trade guys like Lee, Strome, Pulock, or Reinhart just to improve our shot at the playoffs this year? Personally I'd like to hold those guys and more and increase our chances of winning the Cup over a longer period of time.

BroadwayJay*

Tell me why the Islanders need to be "desperate." Are they just one top-4 defenseman away from winning the Cup. I mean do you want to trade guys like Lee, Strome, Pulock, or Reinhart just to improve our shot at the playoffs this year? Personally I'd like to hold those guys and more and increase our chances of winning the Cup over a longer period of time.

I think this team is much better than a lot of folks give us credit for.

The improvements have made this team a lot better.

The only teams in the East that are clearly better are Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Boston.

Otherwise, its a crapshoot. If we DESPERATELY need a d-man, we can deal with that into the season. I'm comfortable with letting things shake out a bit before throwing away our prospects.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I think this team is much better than a lot of folks give us credit for.

The improvements have made this team a lot better.

The only teams in the East that are clearly better are Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Boston.

Otherwise, its a crapshoot. If we DESPERATELY need a d-man, we can deal with that into the season. I'm comfortable with letting things shake out a bit before throwing away our prospects.

We are not in the echelon right below the best until we prove that we can be there consistently. We say the same thing every offseason.

The team looks promising, but until you're it, you ain't.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Id be very surprised if we didn't grab one of the high priced guys who inevitably shake loose from a cap strapped team...just need to be patient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad