Leipisic - Gaunce - Klimchuk
Petan

Reilly - Reinhart
Nurse - Dumba
Pouliot - Ekblad
Pulock

Paterson/Whitney/Fucale

Oct 15, 2008
Isnt Griffin Reinhart still under suspension as far as the WJHC goes? Doubtful he would even want to go over tbh. That is if he isnt playing in the NHL which is possible.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Isnt Griffin Reinhart still under suspension as far as the WJHC goes? Doubtful he would even want to go over tbh. That is if he isnt playing in the NHL which is possible.

Judging from how NYI is stashing their prospects lately I have a feeling Griffin might be back in Edmonton next season. Just a feeling though. I doubt he's going to refuse an invitation as well, he has 3 games left on the suspension and I think they play 3 exhibition games usually anyways.

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
I think Mackinnon, Rielly, Reinhart, Laughton will be in the NHL next year

Drouin-Reinhart-Rychel
Shinkaruk-Monahan (A)-Mantha
Domi-Lazar-Hudon (A)
Leipsic-Petan-Wilson
Horvat

Nurse-Dumba (C)
Finn-Ekblad
Matheson-Pulock
Severson

Fucale
Paterson
Jarry

Rielly will not be in the NHL next year. He's not ready and the Leafs won't have him and Gardiner in the same top six at this point. The Leafs need more experience on defence, not less.

Let Rielly play a ton in junior. There's no need to rush him.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Rielly will not be in the NHL next year. He's not ready and the Leafs won't have him and Gardiner in the same top six at this point. The Leafs need more experience on defence, not less.

Let Rielly play a ton in junior. There's no need to rush him.

I agree but seeing as they've played him 13 games in the AHL already and he's still playing in the playoffs with the Marlies, I wonder if they're thinking he could make the jump.

I think he'll play some games out of camp, depends how many of the 6/7 tweener d-men they bring back (Holzer, Fraser, Kostka, O'Byrne) and if they're able to dump a guy like J-M Liles

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
I agree but seeing as they've played him 13 games in the AHL already and he's still playing in the playoffs with the Marlies, I wonder if they're thinking he could make the jump.

I think he'll play some games out of camp, depends how many of the 6/7 tweener d-men they bring back (Holzer, Fraser, Kostka, O'Byrne) and if they're able to dump a guy like J-M Liles

I've watched him in some of his Marlies games. He's having a definite adjustment, playing a bit of PP but he's still adjusting for sure. Gun to my head he's not ready for an 82 game grind. Will gladly have him on a starring role in next years WJCs though.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Any chance for Josh Morrissey?

Absolutely. Although, it will be very tough to crack the lineup.

He played really well at both the Ivan Hlinka and U18(x2) for team Canada. (He was also the A for this years U18). He will definitely get an invite to training camp.

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS
Absolutely. Although, it will be very tough to crack the lineup.

He played really well at both the Ivan Hlinka and U18(x2) for team Canada. (He was also the A for this years U18). He will definitely get an invite to training camp.

He`s made it. Knowing Hockey Canada, he`s worked his way up, and chances are he`ll make it.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Assuming Mackinnon, Drouin make NHL

Mantha - Reinhart- Shinkaruk
Rychel - McDavid - Domi
Klimchuk - Monahan - Gauthier
Dauphin - Petan - Horvat
Lazar, Gaunce

Defense:
Severson
Rielly
Morrisey
Pulock
Ceci
Ekblad
Nurse
Dumba

Goalies:
Fucale
Subban

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Assuming Mackinnon, Drouin make NHL

Mantha - Reinhart- Shinkaruk
Rychel - McDavid - Domi
Klimchuk - Monahan - Gauthier
Dauphin - Petan - Horvat
Lazar, Gaunce

Defense:
Severson
Rielly
Morrisey
Pulock
Ceci
Ekblad
Nurse
Dumba

Goalies:
Fucale
Subban

Ceci is going to play for Binghamton next year and im not sure about the rules but i think he and Subban might be to old for the tournment.

Madic

May 21, 2008
I've watched him in some of his Marlies games. He's having a definite adjustment, playing a bit of PP but he's still adjusting for sure. Gun to my head he's not ready for an 82 game grind. Will gladly have him on a starring role in next years WJCs though.
I've watched 8 or 9 of those games and I'm of the same mind. His defensive zone play is surprisingly not where the adjustment seems to be, but where/when to jump up in the play, gap control off the rush, running a PP etc. He fits in but he's definitely got learning to do, and I don't think he'll be doing it on the Leafs at 19 years old. Which is obviously normal enough...and the WJC should be more fun from a Leafs fans perspective.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I still think Athanasiou is going to end up on the team. No one is as fast as him on there and hes got hands as good as anyone. Hes big, a little feisty but the big thing that has me thinking it is that hes turned into a really good PKer who is a threat for shorties and showed in the playoffs he can step up when it matters.

hockeycfan

May 17, 2013
Goaltending Camp

Is there a goaltending camp like last year in Calgary? If so when? And who's invited/ who will be invited?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Judging from how NYI is stashing their prospects lately I have a feeling Griffin might be back in Edmonton next season. Just a feeling though. I doubt he's going to refuse an invitation as well, he has 3 games left on the suspension and I think they play 3 exhibition games usually anyways.

As an Islanders fan I hope they keep Reinhart in Edmonton(unless he has an amazing camp). Hopefully the Oil Kings will give him a better chance to work on his offensive game next year(ie he has a pretty decent shot he should be used on the PP). Defensemen in general need a little extra time to develop then forwards and I don't think Reinhart is any different in that regard.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Highly doubt MacKinnon returns. Not sure about Drouin though. People keep saying he'll be back in junior but I don't know about that.

I don't see Drouin going back. Too bad he can't play ahl cause that would be perfect if he doesn't make the big show. He clearly has nothing left to prove in junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad