Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals Episode VI - The Tradening

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Switch Lazar with Chiasson and I would consider that.

2015 1st + Lehner + Chiasson.

This might actually get it done. Doubt it, though. No way im giving up the '15 1st AND Lehner AND Lazar. Two of the three, okay maybe.

But knowing Edmonton that's the asking price. I don't want to get robbed blind, even if Hall is the best player in the deal.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
This might actually get it done. No way im giving up the '15 1st AND Lehner AND Lazar. Two of the three, okay maybe.

But knowing Edmonton that's the asking price. I don't want to get robbed blind, even if Hall is the best player in the deal.

Hall was the #1 overall in 2010, and has gone through his first few developmental years in the league. His value actually would be very high, and I would not think twice about trading all three of those pieces in a package for him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Prefer RNH only cause I think he is a number 1 C and would be ****ing gorgeous with Ryan or Hoffman/Stone

Hoffman-RNH-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Chiasson-Zibanejad-Lazar

Hall would be a beaut though. Don't know if I wanna trade Lehner AND 1st in 2015. Would move Lazar+2015 though.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Edmonton isn't going to trade RNH so we can forget about that (unless it's swap Zib for RNH)

Lazar/2015st + Lehner + Weircioch for Hall seems reasonnable: that hits all the needs for Edmonton (prospect, goalie, help on D)

I'd rather trade Lazar than the 1st for sure

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Old news, but something to chew on:

@DarrenDreger 3m3 minutes ago
Unless a trade for Colin Greening surfaces very quickly, expect Greening on waivers as early as tomorrow.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Hall was the #1 overall in 2010, and has gone through his first few developmental years in the league. His value actually would be very high, and I would not think twice about trading all three of those pieces in a package for him.

Good point, but it would still sting to give the Oilers their future captain.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Man people are getting way too down on Chiasson. Outside of last year where he had mono half the year, this is almost the longest hockey season hes played in 5-6 years since college hockey.

Hes a big guy, its going to take some time to adjust to the NHL, improve his endurance, skating, and so on.

Small sample size I know, but people are already forgetting some of the great tools he's displayed throughout the year. He was our best forward for like a 10 game stretch. He drives the net, works the boards, hustles, will drop the gloves, and has a very underrated playmaking ability.

People are throwing him into proposals like hes Greening or something.

Give him some time, let him develop slowly on the 3rd line and work on his defensive game, and I bet you get rewarded with a pretty good top 6 tweener type who with the right chemistry, could score 50 points or so.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Good point, but it would still sting to give the Oilers their future captain.

You have to give something good to get something good, and I have no problem with Lazar having great success in Edmonton. All I care about is Ottawa getting better.

To put my statements in context though, I was never one of those people who were horrified at the thought that the first round pick we gave up for Ryan was higher than expected because the team was poor last season. If the deal is fair at the moment the deal is made I stop caring about what happens to the other side after the fact.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
If Edmonton trade Hall it's definitely not going to be for a package of futures. They need help now. Not to trade for players/picks that will make an impact 3-5+ years down the road.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Edmonton isn't going to trade RNH so we can forget about that (unless it's swap Zib for RNH)

Lazar/2015st + Lehner + Weircioch for Hall seems reasonnable: that hits all the needs for Edmonton (prospect, goalie, help on D)

I'd rather trade Lazar than the 1st for sure

Lazar has less value than our 2015 1st, in my eyes anyway
Wiercioch = a 3rd, 4th right now?
Lehner = maybe a low first?

Not enough here for Hall

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Lazar has less value than our 2015 1st, in my eyes anyway
Wiercioch = a 3rd, 4th right now?
Lehner = maybe a low first?

Not enough here for Hall

It isn't about value

It's about how much the Oilers want to turn things around

They have two options:
-Trade one of their big guns to kickstart the process
-Draft and let the prospects mature and go from there

Depending on how much Edmonton want to start turning things around sooner rather than later, a matter in which I would believe ownership to have a considerable amount of say, then it becomes supply and demand

We probably have some of the best pieces Edmonton would be looking for: are the pieces we have and are willing to part with enough to land a player like Hall? That's up to Edmonton's needs, not so much the value

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I would wait until the draft before trying to get Hall. If we are still sitting around 10th overall by the draft, i would consider including our 1st in for the trade.

Yes this draft is great, but i extremely doubt that any player that is drafted out of the top 5 will really be able to provide an immediate help to the team. Getting Hall however would immediately help out the team.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hall is the perfect player to target right now. He's a high end player stuck on a terrible team. On a normal team he's a top 10 winger in the game at age 23 and is signed to an amazing contract.

I'd offer something like Lazar, Lehner, 2015 1st as the base, with a guy like Michalek/Legwand added on our side to balance the cap coming in and going out, and maybe Fasth/Scrivens added to their side to replace Lehner.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
To be honest guys, as much as I would adore a Hall on this team. AKA a bonafide top 5-7 winger in the game, do we really wanna risk trading a potential top 5 goalie in the game and mess up with Anderson/Lehner tandem?

Anderson/Lehner is almost exactly, exactlyyy like Thomas/Rask a couple years back.

There's such a huge risk in dealing Lehner and then having Anderson falter with no back-up plan.

Tbh, I believe it's easier to acquire a number 1 goalie than a Hall but man this is really really risky....

Lehner has average starter potential at his worst.

With that being said,

Hall-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan

Is a beautiful top 6.... especially with Karlsson feeding both winger sets. MacArthur with Pageau on 3rd line is also brilliant for added depth.

I'd rather deal:

Lazar+1st+Ceci

Yea, Ceci is on track to being amazing but we already have Karlsson to soften any type of blow cause we already have a bonafide number 1 D. I also think that gets it done.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
To be honest guys, as much as I would adore a Hall on this team. AKA a bonafide top 5-7 winger in the game, do we really wanna risk trading a potential top 5 goalie in the game and mess up with Anderson/Lehner tandem?

Anderson/Lehner is almost exactly, exactlyyy like Thomas/Rask a couple years back.

There's such a huge risk in dealing Lehner and then having Anderson falter with no back-up plan.

Tbh, I believe it's easier to acquire a number 1 goalie than a Hall but man this is really really risky....

Lehner has average starter potential at his worst.

With that being said,

Hall-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan

Is a beautiful top 6.... especially with Karlsson feeding both winger sets. MacArthur with Pageau on 3rd line is also brilliant for added depth.

I'd rather deal:

Lazar+1st+Ceci

Yea, Ceci is on track to being amazing but we already have Karlsson to soften any type of blow cause we already have a bonafide number 1 D. I also think that gets it done.

Absolutely not. I'd consider swapping Cowen for Lehner, but no way in hell are we letting go of Lazar, Ceci, and the 2015 1st. That's 3 ultra solid blue chip pieces. Lehner and Cowen both have that wildcard factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad