Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals Episode VI - The Tradening

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
We have a #1 center problem. Is Richards a #1 center?

understood but theres atleast like 5 or 6 other teams in the same boat. getting one without drafting one is unrealistic. if he was 35 or so i wouldn't even be on this side but the guy is 29, it's not out of the question for him to be a decent center somewhere else.

It's not like it think he'll get 80 points or anything.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We need both.

Yeah but shore up the middle and then take care of the wings.

How much would it take for RNH though. I mean. They're drafting mceichel. Do they want to go mceichel RNH drasaitl down the middle? That's a lot of potential at C and someone might not be too happy.

I also hate giving up 2015 first because it's so low.

Lehner 2016 1st 2015 2nd puempel and then a pool of secondary prospects to choose from would be my offer for RNH.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We don't have the nightlife Richards would want. I say we pass. He'd stunt Zibanejad's growth.

I wouldn't do the Stone or Hoffman (or Lazar), but I would do Lehner, Cowen and 2016 1st for Hall

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Oilers need RNH a lot more then Hall. Maybe the oilers think they could get hall for hoffman plus and not have much falloff as they would for rnh and zibby

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Perhaps.

Hall is better than Ryan and 3 year younger (at the time Ryan was traded). So is that worth the difference in value between the two offers?

Remember, Ottawa's first was expected to be around the 20's when we moved Silf, Noesen and a 1st and that was a weak draft.

So, from a value at the time perspective:

~8OA > ~20OA
Lazar > Silf (value wise I think this is fair)
Lehner => Noesen ??? Not sure how much Lehner's value has droped, might be off on this one.

I think if we add Hoffman or Stone, it might be a bit rich for my taste. I could live with a 2nd, or a prospect like Prince or Puempel.

I'd be more willing if Hall was a Center. We lack his kind of skill down the middle, but c'est la vie. You take what's (hypothetically) available.

The package of Lehner, Lazar, and 1rst is a lot better and even considering that I highly valued Silfverberg. I think value of Silfverberg at the time was high, He was already playing in our top 6 and I personally I though he'd have a 50 point season by now atleast. Lazars value may be higher because of draft position , won the gold and produced quite nicely doing so. Lehner's value is way higher than Noesen and that even before he got seriously injured. I think Edmonton has a lot of value in that deal and maybe a couple pieces could be added each way but it's a very solid start. Even if Ottawa could send Methot considering he wouldn't sign and maybe we get Nikitin coming back and would maybe fit better here than in Edm..

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Would Lehner, Wiercioch, Chiasson & Prince or Puempel be enough for Hall?

Cuz I'd do a deal like that, would even be willing to throw in another spare part or 2.

No chance. Would you trade a younger and better Ryan for Lehner, Wiercioch, Chiasson and Prince? I hope you wouldn't. Besides, Edmonton has no need for Chiasson, Prince, Wiercioch. Other than Lehner, these guys are not high quality pieces at all. When you get quality, you give quality. These guys could be thrown in as extras if a deal is made but not much more than that, they can't be center pieces of a deal with Hall. We don't really need Chiasson on the team since he doesn't bring much, Wiercioch doesn't play half the time and Prince is a B level prospect.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No chance. Would you trade a younger and better Ryan for Lehner, Wiercioch, Chiasson and Prince? I hope you wouldn't. Besides, Edmonton has no need for Chiasson, Prince, Wiercioch. Other than Lehner, these guys are not high quality pieces at all. When you get quality, you give quality. These guys could be thrown in as extras if a deal is made but not much more than that, they can't be center pieces of a deal with Hall. We don't really need Chiasson on the team since he doesn't bring much, Wiercioch doesn't play half the time and Prince is a B level prospect.

Fair enough.

Not interested if we have to give a Lazar/Ceci/Zbad + something significant + Lehner. They should at least be willing to take a salary dump like Wiercioch, Greening or Legwand if we're giving up that kind of package.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
if Murray will step down, i'm surprised he would do a blockbuster deal. This is a type of deal that can be done anytime because the values of our prospects will go up, and Hall's will remain the same (as in the next GM could choose to do that if he wants Hall)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Eesh. I'm not willing to give up either the 2015 1st nor Lazar for Hall.

Neither is likely to ever be as good as Hall. I think you are overvaluing picks and prospects, or undervaluing Hall.

I do see risk in Hall having a short career with how he plays though.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Senschirp has a blurb in his most recent post saying that Ottawa is believed to have put together an offer to edm for Hall, with Lehner being one of the pieces.

I imagine our 1st and another prospect would have to be part of the package.

Lazar, 8th OA, Lehner for Hall... would hurt but probably close to fair value for the main pieces, add where ever you feel necesary. Anything less and I'd be ecstatic. That would leave us with a lineup like this:

Hall - Turris - Ryan
MacArthur - Zibanejad - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Chiasson
Michalek - Legwand/Smith - Condra/Neil

Karlsson - Methot
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips/Wiercioch/Boro - Gryba

Realistically speaking, there is probably nothing to the rumour, and with our luck, we'd make the trade and win the draft lottery, giving Edmonton McDavid (and probably Eichel too).

I imagine the deal would be a bit more complicated though. We would need one of their goalies coming back, and of course they would have to take on some contract to make up for the imbalance. I would see Smith going the other way.

I'd love to see this. Lazar is someone Edm should be targeting, and their goaltending issues would be somewhat addressed. On our end we get another elite player, and it makes a bit of space on the roster for Pageau.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Hall has amazing offensive potential but seriously lacks defensively, where Lazar doesn't.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Eesh. I'm not willing to give up either the 2015 1st nor Lazar for Hall.

This. I'd sooner give up Zib + Lehner than Lazar. But if it was 2016 first + Lazar I'd likely do it. Also, I'd die if we traded our 2015 1st and, knowing us, win the draft. As small a chance it is, it would be devastating to the franchise.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Hall has amazing offensive potential but seriously lacks defensively, where Lazar doesn't.

They aren't even in the same league skill-wise. Defence can be taught, as long as the player is willing. You can't teach offensive skill.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This. I'd sooner give up Zib + Lehner than Lazar. Also, I'd die if we traded our 1st rounder and, knowing us, win the draft. As small a chance it is, it would be devastating to the franchise. 2016 first I'm obviously fine with.

Hall would be no lower than 3rd if he were in this draft. I would take the 100% chance on Hall rather than the 5%< on McDavid.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Neither is likely to ever be as good as Hall. I think you are overvaluing picks and prospects, or undervaluing Hall.

I do see risk in Hall having a short career with how he plays though.

Maybe both, but it's a steep price for a player that has some red flags. Sure the offensive potential is enticing, but that is a bit too much for my liking.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
hall's downside (injury prone) is his plus side too though with how hard he plays. he would add speed to the team as well. hall is very valuable that I don't know if he'd be available

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I imagine the deal would be a bit more complicated though. We would need one of their goalies coming back, and of course they would have to take on some contract to make up for the imbalance. I would see Smith going the other way.

I'd love to see this. Lazar is someone Edm should be targeting, and their goaltending issues would be somewhat addressed. On our end we get another elite player, and it makes a bit of space on the roster for Pageau.

I fear for Lehner is he has to go to EDM. He's not ready to be a starter on a bad team like Ottawa, I'd hate to see what happens on a horrible team like Edmonton.

I wonder if we'd be able to throw greening in too, that would be a nice way to sweeten the deal.

2015 1st + Lehner + Smith + Greening + 2nd

I'd love to keep Lazar if we can...

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I fear for Lehner is he has to go to EDM. He's not ready to be a starter on a bad team like Ottawa, I'd hate to see what happens on a horrible team like Edmonton.

I wonder if we'd be able to throw greening in too, that would be a nice way to sweeten the deal.

2015 1st + Lehner + Smith + Greening + 2nd

I'd love to keep Lazar if we can...

You're not at all "sweetening the deal" by adding Greening. It's a straight up contract dump on our part. Think Cheechoo. Greening has negative trade value right now, hence why he's being put on waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad