Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals Episode VI - The Tradening

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
To be honest guys, as much as I would adore a Hall on this team. AKA a bonafide top 5-7 winger in the game, do we really wanna risk trading a potential top 5 goalie in the game and mess up with Anderson/Lehner tandem?

Anderson/Lehner is almost exactly, exactlyyy like Thomas/Rask a couple years back.

There's such a huge risk in dealing Lehner and then having Anderson falter with no back-up plan.

Tbh, I believe it's easier to acquire a number 1 goalie than a Hall but man this is really really risky....

Lehner has average starter potential at his worst.

With that being said,

Hall-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan

Is a beautiful top 6.... especially with Karlsson feeding both winger sets. MacArthur with Pageau on 3rd line is also brilliant for added depth.

I'd rather deal:

Lazar+1st+Ceci

Yea, Ceci is on track to being amazing but we already have Karlsson to soften any type of blow cause we already have a bonafide number 1 D. I also think that gets it done.

You just don't want 2 of the 3 players in your username to be gone :sarcasm:

I'd much rather trade Lehner than Ceci.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Tomorrow is going to be the best day of my life if Greening is put on waivers.

Why?

Greening is like the 14th forward and already not playing, and there's almost a zero percent chance he gets claimed. He'll pass through waivers, and nothing will have changed. We will still have him as our 14th guy.

We can send him to Bingo, I guess, but that almost is proof that he's a dead asset.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If there's a deal, I'd think Lehner/MacArthur/prospect or pick or young player would be the deal.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Absolutely not. I'd consider swapping Cowen for Lehner, but no way in hell are we letting go of Lazar, Ceci, and the 2015 1st. That's 3 ultra solid blue chip pieces. Lehner and Cowen both have that wildcard factor.

You just don't want 2 of the 3 players in your username to be gone :sarcasm:

I'd much rather trade Lehner than Ceci.

You must see it through team needs though. Yea Ceci can be a huge stud but so far:

Methot-Karlsson

are the number 1 pairing now and in long-run. If we deal Cowen/Ceci we are dealing an excellent asset but they are essentially the 3rd/4th best defender on the depth chart.

I'd trade Lehner if Anderson was just entering his 30's. He's 34 though and even though he may have 3 more great, great years years left, the Sens core has much more years on top of that.

Lehner was one of the best goalies in CHL, best goalie in AHL and has shown flashes of brilliance in NHL where he's carried the team on multiple occasions and he's just 23.

It took Rask until he was 25 to fully establish himself as the number 1 team for Boston. Look at Rask's numbers, not that diff from Lehner even though Rask played on a top contender in Boston as well while Lehner's been playing for below average/ marginal playoff team

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The more I think about it... the more I think Hall would be the perfect player for the Sens to target... that or RNH.

1st liners:
Hall(top 5 in position with Karlsson feeding him puck)
Ryan

2nd liners:
Turris
Mac
Hoffman
Stone
Zibanejad

potential top liners:
Hoffman
Zibanejad

top pairing:
Karlsson
Methot

top 4:
Cowen/Ceci
whoever

goalies:
Anderson
Lehner

That's enough top end skill to make Ottawa a contender. If Zibanejad and Hoffman develop into top liners, this team will have more than enough pieces to deal from positions of strength as well.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
You must see it through team needs though. Yea Ceci can be a huge stud but so far:

Methot-Karlsson

are the number 1 pairing now and in long-run. If we deal Cowen/Ceci we are dealing an excellent asset but they are essentially the 3rd/4th best defender on the depth chart.

I'd trade Lehner if Anderson was just entering his 30's. He's 34 though and even though he may have 3 more great, great years years left, the Sens core has much more years on top of that.

Lehner was one of the best goalies in CHL, best goalie in AHL and has shown flashes of brilliance in NHL where he's carried the team on multiple occasions and he's just 23.

It took Rask until he was 25 to fully establish himself as the number 1 team for Boston. Look at Rask's numbers, not that diff from Lehner even though Rask played on a top contender in Boston as well while Lehner's been playing for below average/ marginal playoff team

Please just take Ceci out of the convo then. Ceci is much more valuable then Cowan imo.

As I said, while Cowen and Lehner are both clearly NHLers, they both have a bit of a wildcard factor in terms of their potential. They could become amazing, or they could continue to struggle.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
The more I think about it... the more I think Hall would be the perfect player for the Sens to target... that or RNH.

1st liners:
Hall(top 5 in position with Karlsson feeding him puck)
Ryan

2nd liners:
Turris
Mac
Hoffman
Stone
Zibanejad

potential top liners:
Hoffman
Zibanejad

top pairing:
Karlsson
Methot

top 4:
Cowen/Ceci
whoever

goalies:
Anderson
Lehner

That's enough top end skill to make Ottawa a contender. If Zibanejad and Hoffman develop into top liners, this team will have more than enough pieces to deal from positions of strength as well.

Who are you giving up though? You'd added Hall and kept all of our good players as well.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Ceci is a no go. Opens a huge hole by trading him.

Also cant trade Cowen with the potential of Methot leaving.

KarlssonnSchultz

Feb 5, 2013
Ottawa
Ceci is a no go. Opens a huge hole by trading him.

Also cant trade Cowen with the potential of Methot leaving.

Which brings up another point- if Methot resigning looks unlikely..

Lazar+Methot+1st/Lehner+conditional pick if Methot doesn't stay in Edmonton for Hall+Scrivens? Clearly the condition changes whether it's the 1st or Lehner involved in the trade.

This gives us Hall while giving up 2 assets and a third that might leave anyway. It gives the Oilers a potential legit top 4 D, a prospect that the city already loves, is good at d, and is a solid centre, and either a potential starter or a 2nd potential lottery pick. Even if the sens don't win the lottery, the Oilers could probably move 10(sens)+25(pens) for something very valuable now or later.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
How comparable would you guys say Hall is to Kessel when he got traded to Toronto? Kessel is the better goal scorer but Hall is better in the physical aspects of the game. Kessel got traded for picks that turned out to be much higher than anticipated so the end value of the return is different than the value at the start of the season.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
How comparable would you guys say Hall is to Kessel when he got traded to Toronto? Kessel is the better goal scorer but Hall is better in the physical aspects of the game. Kessel got traded for picks that turned out to be much higher than anticipated so the end value of the return is different than the value at the start of the season.

Hall is better than Kessel is, or was. Also, Kessel was in the midst of a long and drawn out contract negotiation with the Bruins - a team that only dealt him because they didn't have the cap space to accommodate a player who wanted 5+mil and didn't play an all around game. Oil have less reason to trade Hall and Hall is a better player. So I suspect he will be worth more, although as you said... Burkie made that trade expecting to give up picks 15 or later.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Two firsts and a second for Kessel

Three assets for one

I stand by Lazar + Lehner + Weircioch for a guy like Hall

That's a very, very strong package for a rebuilding team, definitely better than three picks

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Two firsts and a second for Kessel

Three assets for one

I stand by Lazar + Lehner + Weircioch for a guy like Hall

That's a very, very strong package for a rebuilding team, definitely better than three picks

Wiercioch has no value considering his contract and his play this season. Deal you are proposing is basically a future 2nd liner and a goalie who has yet to establish himself as anything but a sub-par backup goalie for a 23 year old top 10 winger signed to a great contract.

That's not a good deal for any team.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They want a centre, they want to get better defensively, they want to get better in nets and they could use some puck movement from the back end

I'm not saying it's a slamdunk, I'm saying it's a starting point

Also plenty of people like Weircioch, just because he might not be the greastest fit here does not mean he couldn't be a much better fit elsewhere

Also keep in mind that needs generally trump value: Edmonton deciding that they need to improve defensively now rather than waiting for drafting to start having an effect means that they might be willing forgo a bit of value. That team has been ****ing terrible since 2007, I'd have to think that ownership and management are going to be open to looking at improving sooner rather than later.

How open will they be? Well that's up to the GMs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad