Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part III* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Buchnevich scored the GWG today (3-1) as his team swept the series against the #2 seed. So far in 6 games he has 7 goals and 5 assists.

I was clicking around and saw that Shestyorkin played for SKA-1946 on March 13th, his team won in a shootout(3-2). He stopped 30 of 32, .938 SV%.

He also played today, his team won 5-1, he stopped 28 of 29 shots for a .966 SV%

Where is Buchnevich playing? Isn't Severstal's season over?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Well Buchnevich is playing on his junior team, which isn't comparable to the CHL leagues. He spent all year in the world's second best league and is now playing a bunch of kids. His dominance is to be expected, really. It's basically like he's playing Junior A-level competition.

He is playing like at the level Kreider did before going to college or something. Or what do I know about overage rules they have there, maybe it's a bit stronger. But Russia have no significant depth at the youth level, they live and die on professional hockey schools that really works their talent extremely hard at a young age. I think there are more 12 y/os playing hockey in Sweden with a pop of 9m. Their top junior league cannot be very good. Must be way below the CHL leagues at least.

What do I know, but it screams of a team abusing a player that wants out, idiotic ...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I've never seen Fogarty play. I liked his size on those pics. Being that big is always good.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I've never seen Fogarty play. I liked his size on those pics. Being that big is always good.

I've seen a couple of ND games... he's big and athletic enough to have a pro hockey career. If this was the year 2000 you'd have him lined up at a future 3rd liner.

I don't know if the hands or hockey IQ is on a NHL level, but he's athletic enough where he'd get a look in the AHL.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but he is 4 years removed from his draft. Can he become a UFA this off season or would he have to wait until next year?

He played in the BCHL after getting drafted.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Well Buchnevich is playing on his junior team, which isn't comparable to the CHL leagues. He spent all year in the world's second best league and is now playing a bunch of kids. His dominance is to be expected, really. It's basically like he's playing Junior A-level competition.

We all thought Duclair would "Dominate" when he went back to playing with kids also, but that didnt really happen ;)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We all thought Duclair would "Dominate" when he went back to playing with kids also, but that didnt really happen ;)

Right. I guess my point with Buchnevich's MHL stats is that it would be far more noteworthy if he wasn't dominating.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Kind of feel like Nieves won't get much out of another season playing for Michigan.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I've seen a couple of ND games... he's big and athletic enough to have a pro hockey career. If this was the year 2000 you'd have him lined up at a future 3rd liner.

I don't know if the hands or hockey IQ is on a NHL level, but he's athletic enough where he'd get a look in the AHL.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but he is 4 years removed from his draft. Can he become a UFA this off season or would he have to wait until next year?

He played in the BCHL after getting drafted.

what we believe we have learned is that
- if formally he announces he is leaving school, he can be FA in June,
but if he stays at Notre Dame, we have his rights until Aug '16 as with any other graduating college player

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Kind of feel like Nieves won't get much out of another season playing for Michigan.

i humbly disagree on 2 counts -
He hasn't gotten consistent yet.
Also, they are poised for a very strong season next year. Of their top players, only Hyman is graduating (also Jets draftee D-man Serville)

but you may be right

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Glad Iverson is picking it up. I think he was shocked by not ending up with a larger role on the team, but the Winterhawks are pretty loaded up front and he just fits the team better as a 3rd liner. Excited to see if he can keep the momentum rolling through the rest of the year.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
if i read standings correctly, Nejezchleb is only Junior player not in playoffs, so free to ATO with Hartford next week.
His +/- is terrible, but all his teammates have bad +/- too, only 2 guys w better than 2 have only played 16 and 9 games. Meanwhile, despite his short season, he is 15th in league in PPG with 10 (only 2 guys have >14), Tambo only has 8
Some snipe can only help at Hartford

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I was down on Iverson, which was a mistake, particularly coming from me--"Mr. Patience." He has definitely had a good season in the second half and I'm eager to see what he can do next year.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Well, first MHL is U22, not U20 as CHL. And second, if you look at the stats of some Russian CHLers who came from the MHL, you will see their CHL stats are much higher. It's harder to score in the MHL nowadays than in the CHL.

BTW most top Russian prospects for 2015 draft didn't even have a PPG in the MHL. Dergachyov for example scored 39 pts in 45 games. Of course he's 1 year 5 months younger than Buchnevich, but still. But I bet Dergachyov would be well above a PPG in the CHL.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Iverson's point totals by month (game played in parentheses):

2 (3)
3 (12)
5 (12)
5 (10)
6 (12)
8 (9)
9 (7) so far

His overall numbers will not indicate a progression (statistically), but it's clear to see a progression as the season has worn on.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Well, first MHL is U22, not U20 as CHL. Second, if you look at the stats of some Russian CHLers who came from the MHL, you will see their CHL stats are much higher. It's harder to score in the MHL nowadays than in the CHL. And third, it's playoffs where stats are usualy significantly lower than in the regular.

BTW most top Russian prospects for 2015 draft didn't even have a PPG in the MHL. Dergachyov for example scored 39 pts in 45 games. Of course he's 1 year 5 months younger than Buchnevich, but still. But I bet Dergachyov would be well above a PPG in the CHL.

The top Russian propsects rarely play in the MHL after the age of 17 or so. Look back at the past five drafts--what top Russian prospects spent time in the MHL? Scherbak, but again, at age 17. Goldbin--age 16. Nichuskin--9 games at age 17. Yakupov, Grigorenko, same thing. The real high-end prospects won't ever spend any time there past age 18 because it's not a challenge and isn't optimal for their development, and the league as a whole isn't filled with guys that would have legitimate NHL aspirations.

Again, there's nothing wrong with Buchnevich's participation and production in the MHL playoffs, but for a guy of his caliber that's a week away from his 20th birthday, it's absolutely expected that he'd dominate down there. I'm glad he's performing well there, but it's not "impressive" in the proper context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad