Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part III* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
When are they announcing the seeding/brackets? Tonight?

NCAA hockey tournament field (all times ET):

Midwest Regional – South Bend, Ind.

1. Minnesota State vs. Rochester Institute of Technology, March 28, 4 p.m.
Nebraska Omaha vs. Harvard, March 28, 7:30 p.m.

East Regional – Providence, RI

University of Denver vs. Boston College, March 28, 3 p.m.
4. Miami University vs. Providence College, March 28, 6:30 p.m.

Northeast Regional – Manchester, NH

3. Boston University vs. Yale, March 27, 2 p.m.
Minnesota Duluth vs. Minnesota, March 27, 5:30 p.m.

West Regional – Fargo, ND

Michigan Tech vs. St. Cloud State, March 27, 4:30 p.m. ET
2. North Dakota vs. Quinnipiac, March 27, 8 p.m.

Go BU!

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Erie vs Niagra on NHL Network. Chance to see Mantha and Donnay in action. Also some top 2015 eligible players.

So far Mantha has been pretty sloppy with the puck, but he can really boom it from the point. Though as I typed this he just potted one. Picked up a kick-pass 2 feet off the crease and chipped it over the goalie's shoulder. Nice hands on that.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Pavel Buchnevich

So, does anybody think there is a realistic chance we see Buchnevich get some time in late April when his contract runs out with the Cherepovets?
I'm hoping this doesn't spiral out of control in an attempt to get on one another about questioning the idea of giving him time this season if its possible, where he would fit in line combinations, trading players next season, etc... you get the point.
Just wondering what the possibility of seeing him get any ice time with the Rangers this season really is.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/120887/buchnevich-slepyshev-top-nhl-drafted-wingers-competing-in-the-khl/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=buchnevich-slepyshev-top-nhl-drafted-wingers-competing-in-the-khl

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
So, does anybody think there is a realistic chance we see Buchnevich get some time in late April when his contract runs out with the Cherepovets?
I'm hoping this doesn't spiral out of control in an attempt to get on one another about questioning the idea of giving him time this season if its possible, where he would fit in line combinations, trading players next season, etc... you get the point.
Just wondering what the possibility of seeing him get any ice time with the Rangers this season really is.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/120887/buchnevich-slepyshev-top-nhl-drafted-wingers-competing-in-the-khl/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=buchnevich-slepyshev-top-nhl-drafted-wingers-competing-in-the-khl

I doubt that the Rangers want to call him up now and waste his year of ELC. He may not even make the Rangers next season, at least not out of camp.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I don't see him coming over and playing. Maybe to practice with the black aces to get accustomed to N. America a little, and even that scenario is very doubtful. Asking him to come over here to play late season/playoffs and make a meaningful contribution is a little much at this stage.

By a little much, I mean wishful thinking.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I doubt that the Rangers want to call him up now and waste his year of ELC. He may not even make the Rangers next season, at least not out of camp.

Agreed. The parallels with Kreider are there but this team is much deeper than the one we had in 2012. Kreider was signed and we burned off 1 year of his ELC because we needed him.

Where does Buch play? We are set on all 4 lines and once MSL comes back, we have a 13th forward in Glass (Who is not going anywhere)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd like to see them sign him to a PTO in Hartford once he's done with the MHL playoffs. Would being on the black aces burn a year of his ELC?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Signing an ATO is a different thing entirely from signing an ELC. There are a couple different options with Buchnevich.

1) Signs an ELC starting next season, then signs an ATO with Hartford for the remainder of this season. (I think Hrivik did this a couple seasons ago)

2) Signs an ELC starting this season. It burns a year off his ELC, but he is eligible to play in either the NHL or AHL.

You have to ask yourself, what is the motivation for Buchnevich to choose option 1? I'm not sure what the compensation is for an ATO, but I would assume it's not much. Maybe the signing bonus from the ELC is enough to soften the blow. Who knows.

Option 1 also eliminates the possibility of him playing in the NHL this season. So even if he's tearing up the AHL and we have injuries, his NHL contract wouldn't start until next season.

I don't like Option 2 either. Burning a year off his ELC when we really don't need to is not something I would do. Kreider was a special case. We had a glaring hole for him to fill that year. This season? Our roster has way fewer holes, and a young, offensive diva with questionable d isn't one of them.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
The Hitmen season wrapped up yesterday, playoffs start on Friday.

Tambellini was a standout for the team this year, finishing with 86 points (47G, 39A) in 71 GP. He also finished an astonishing +43, and picked up 30 PIMs (all minors).

He's also wearing an A, although I would argue that he is more of a leader on the team than the captain (Kenton Helgesen) based on on-ice actions and watching him on the bench. The Hitmen have always favoured longevity on the team when it comes to picking the captain so it's no surprise that Helgesen was awarded it over Tambellini.

The radio announcers here keep saying he's playing "NHL-level hockey" but I would disagree - he's playing top level WHL hockey, but he needs to bring a more physical aspect to his game (he gets pushed around in the corners, and in front of the net) before he'll really make it at the next level. He does have a great shot and the intangible aspect that many future NHL players have - the ability to bring the best of his game out at crucial times.

Tambellini was the best player on the Hitmen this season, so best of luck to him in the Rangers organization moving forward.

I will drop in with updates through the playoffs, as relevant.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys,

Living in the Netherlands, I am looking for a way to be able to watch NCAA hockey games. With the play offs coming up, I would love to be able to follow this. Is there an online service (like NHL GameCenter) for this?

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

Tambellini was a standout for the team this year, finishing with 86 points (47G, 39A) in 71 GP. He also finished an astonishing +43, and picked up 30 PIMs (all minors).

He's also wearing an A, although I would argue that he is more of a leader on the team than the captain (Kenton Helgesen) based on on-ice actions and watching him on the bench. The Hitmen have always favoured longevity on the team when it comes to picking the captain so it's no surprise that Helgesen was awarded it over Tambellini.

The radio announcers here keep saying he's playing "NHL-level hockey" but I would disagree - he's playing top level WHL hockey, but he needs to bring a more physical aspect to his game (he gets pushed around in the corners, and in front of the net) before he'll really make it at the next level. He does have a great shot and the intangible aspect that many future NHL players have - the ability to bring the best of his game out at crucial times.

Tambellini was the best player on the Hitmen this season, so best of luck to him in the Rangers organization moving forward.

Thanks for the info. We need him to develop after trading Duclair.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Thanks, much appreciated!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm betting that they are saving that 50th contract spot for an NCAA player (O'Connor?) who will demand they burn a year of the ELC this year. It's a big negotiating point for high demand players.

But why? Isn't that risky? He won't get a full years salary for that burned year, right?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey guys,

Living in the Netherlands, I am looking for a way to be able to watch NCAA hockey games. With the play offs coming up, I would love to be able to follow this. Is there an online service (like NHL GameCenter) for this?

firstrowsports.eu or fromhot.com. I'm not sure if those two will have it though. Those are two that might.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Petr Zamorsky is done for the year in Sweden, his team lost 4-2 in games to Växjö.

Petr had a strong series offensively and finnished with 4 pts in 6 POs games. He scored on a real rocket from the blueline for the second straight game. I can't find any highlights up yet, but I will try to post his goal tonight because it really shows a lot of what this kid is about.

I haven't seen a full game with him yet in the SHL, I might pick up a rerun of this game tomorrow. I was a bit screwed by the network listing Örebro's game as being on the national channel several times and then changing game last minute.

Anyway, a few comments after seing quite much of him anyway here and there during the POs series. Zamorsky is small, he is not very good defensively and he is quite passive and soft defensively. Finesse player defensively as well as offensively, sometimes he can do some things real well defensively, but he doesn't have much of an edge to his game.

Offensively he is poised with the puck, I wanna see more of him in relation to how he passes the puck under pressure etc, but the fundamentals for a real good passing game is there.

The big upside with this kid is how he plays on the PP. No doubt. Both for Örebro and for the Czech National team, coaches just puts him on the point of the PP and lets him fire away. I just found this vid, can you guys watch it in NA? Start watching at 1.15:
http://www.svt.se/sport/ishockey/orebrovaxjo

I kind of like this kid and this signing for this reason only basically. Players that play certain ways tends to transform well to the next level, some examples of these types can be a Dale Weise with his speed and grinding game or Antony Duclair with his top notch speed and confidence around the net or Carl Hagelin with his forechecking game and so forth, those type of players very seldomly run into a wall and just don't get through to the next level, they can fail but at least they tend to push things and at least get chances here and there. The common denominator I guess is that its areas where you just must hit the ice and play your game and you will be noticed and you will get involved, no matter what level you play on.

Playing defense in the NHL will be a huge challenge for Zamorsky for sure. No doubt. And I am a bit agraid of how Kenny Gernander will develop this kid, you won't get much use of him if you stick him on a 3rd pairing in a minor role giving him the good ol fashion tough threatment to see if he is willing to prove himself etc. And no matter what its perfectly possible that he never gets close to the NHL.

But, this kid can definitely play real well on the point of a Power Play. I saw a lot of Marek Zidlicky when he was about the same age and played in Finland. Zidlicky was definitely better overall than Zamorsky and also better than him on the PP, and Zidlicky definitely had/has a very underrated mean streak and physical game -- for a player his size. It won't stick out at the NHL level, but he is also not manhandled physically because of it. Anyway, Zamorsky's PP game and offensive game isn't elite, then I would be real excited. I remember seeing a young Brian Rafalski too, he and Zidlicky and Kimmo Timmonen and co where world class PMDs and you could see it in Europe instantly, but its still real good and it will be interesting to see how much he can develop it the coming years.

I am kind of sceptical of forwards going to the AHL from Europe to "develop", its where you should go to learn the NA game not how to learn how to play the game. But for Ds its usually better. I would probably however like to see Zamorsky stay another year in the SHL. Grow into a bigger role at this level and dominate more offensively. He is the type that its perfectly possible that everything just comes together when he is 26, not 22. We can't hurry and aim at like him replacing Dan Boyle, its too soon I would bet at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad