Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
#NYR Ranks since 12/8:
W-1st (23)
ROW-1st (22)
PTS-2nd (47)
P%-1st (.783)
G/GP-1st (3.33)
GA/GP-2nd (2.10)
GOAL DIFF (not inc SO)-1st (+37)

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
They are also tied for 3rd in the 5on5 goals for / goals against ratio.

Which is not as popular as corsi close but in hindsight, applied to just the playoffs, it has shown the cup winners in

13-14
12-13(and the runner up)
11-12(and the runner up)
10-11

Pretty nice correlation there.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I would imagine Glencross' list of teams he would accept a trade to looks much like the list that most other players would not accept a trade to. :laugh:

In other words, forget him coming to NY.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
I'm really interested in trading whatever with Calgary and try to bring Billy Arnold as a secondary piece :D. Not only for his friendship with Hayes and their dominance together in the NCAA but also because he is a really interesting prospect, right handed centerman with size, vision and commitment.
Would you like something like Glencross+McIlrath for Stempniak+Arnold?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm really interested in trading whatever with Calgary and try to bring Billy Arnold as a secondary piece :D. Not only for his friendship with Hayes and their dominance together in the NCAA but also because he is a really interesting prospect, right handed centerman with size, vision and commitment.
Would you like something like Glencross+McIlrath for Stempniak+Arnold?

J Moore and conditional future pick [like 2018 5th upgradeable to a 2nd if they guy has worked out and we kept him?] for just Arnold?

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
J Moore and conditional future pick [like 2018 5th upgradeable to a 2nd if they guy has worked out and we kept him?] for just Arnold?

I'd probably do it and Calgary needs D (Moore for Arnold is enough IMO), but Moore is starting to play better lately and I prefer him than Hunwick for the playoffs. If we find a cheap depth LHD then ok. Calgary has Russell btw, but I don't like his contract (this year and the next, at 2.6M AAV).

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I would like Letestu and Bergenheim first. Sekera 2nd. Vermette distant 3rd.

Completely disagree.

Vermette is option 1. Period.

Then Sekera.

I'd even consider Jagr over Bergenheim. If you dont get Vermette, Jagr and Letestu for forwards and possibly grab a defender.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
vermette or go home. he's exactly what this team needs to make us complete 1-12. add fast dump glass and stemper is the 13th. done and done.

sekera will cost wayyyy too much. we don't have a 1st and can't afford anyway.

john moore needs to play better. then we can trade him this off season or at the draft and groom brady skjei for his minutes. if jmoore has a nice run, thats a good thing. good problem to have

the rest of the characters don't excite me other than letestu maybe.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Do we really need more offense? I don't see why we need to go overkill and try to get Vermette. The bidding war could get ridiculous and I don't want to end up winning that.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
vermette or go home. he's exactly what this team needs to make us complete 1-12. add fast dump glass and stemper is the 13th. done and done.

john moore needs to play better. then we can trade him this off season or at the draft and groom brady skjei for his minutes. if jmoore has a nice run, thats a good thing. good problem to have

Agree with a lot of this. But I still want to call on Sekera and Timmonen to see what the cost may be. Timmonen could be low risk/high reward.

I do like Letestu as a backup option. Anything to push Glass out and have the extra center.

And as for Vermette, its not about adding more offense. Though he does do that which is never bad, jts about faceoffs and his ability to play in all situations. He has decent size and its never bad to add more of that.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Sekera will cost too much but Vermette won't?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Jagr makes zero sense. Bergenheim is definitely a better fit.

Jagr is a HOFer who drives puck possession and is still having a decent year on a bad Devils team and at his age. Having him on the 3rd line and pushinf Fast down makes zero sense? Thats ridiculous.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Completely disagree.

Vermette is option 1. Period.

Then Sekera.

I'd even consider Jagr over Bergenheim. If you dont get Vermette, Jagr and Letestu for forwards and possibly grab a defender.

Why would Vermette be above Sekera?

Jagr? Oy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad