Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Another Michigan product I believe. Hard shot.

I haven't seen him play much, but I generally like the Hockey News reports.

Assets: Has outstanding size and reach, and still has plenty of room to fill out. Can produce offensive numbers, mainly due to a big shot from the point. Has all-round upside.

Flaws: Needs to get even stronger and maximize the use of his huge frame in order to excel at the highest level. Isn't overly physical, despite his size. That needs to change.

Career Potential: Big defenseman with some upside.

6'5" and over 200 pounds? Sign me up. Last 2 years, he's been on pace for 30-40 points, but he's only on pace for around 10 points this year. Figure he'll be an asset in a offensive system like ours.

31 hits
19 blocked shots.

Not overly physical or anything, but his stats pass the eye test and the scouting report sounds good. Hopefully he can become a bit more physical.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Why would you want that piece of crap back?

i listed the reason why i do not want him back...

He has the talent, there is no doubt about that...

His distractions off the ice, combined with his bad habits, his uncoachability, and lastly his need to be sheltered makes him a no go...

The only way I would is if the guy got some help off the ice.... especially since he's familiar with the team here... Beyond that, I'd say its cause he would cost only $, not prospects/picks

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Wiercioch would be a solid 6D with good puck moving abilities and a pretty good slap shot

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
2nd in goals
4th in defense
3rd in GD
2nd in 5 on 5 GD
3rd in ROW
23 wins in 30 games

I'm all for the right trade at the right price, but let's not draw a mustache on the Mona Lisa here.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
2nd in goals
4th in defense
3rd in GD
2nd in 5 on 5 GD
3rd in ROW
23 wins in 30 games

I'm all for the right trade at the right price, but let's not draw a mustache on the Mona Lisa here.

2nd in GD by a hair to Nashville, NHL.com takes shootouts into consideration. We're at +40, they're at +42.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
I don't think anyone has ever mentioned Grabner to NYR. I guess it would be rare for a trade between us and the Islanders but he could be a really solid bottom 6 winger. And I like the idea of having the 3 fastest players in the game on the same team: Kreider, Hagelin, and Grabner.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
TFP keeps reporting that the Leafs would be reluctant to move Polak so they probably won't move him unless they're overwhelmed.

Petry seems like a poor man's Michalek.

Wieroch is a name that's being tossed around here. Don't know much about him.

Timmonen is coming off a large absence from the ice.

Petry and Michalek are not similar at all except for being tall and right handed.

And Petry is the better of the two.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I don't think anyone has ever mentioned Grabner to NYR. I guess it would be rare for a trade between us and the Islanders but he could be a really solid bottom 6 winger. And I like the idea of having the 3 fastest players in the game on the same team: Kreider, Hagelin, and Grabner.

It would be insane. Especially if you could convert Kreider back to C and then have 'em on a line together. But, alas, I seriously doubt the Isles would want to help us bolster a strength.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
just watched nhl network, guy in the grey hair (forgot his name) says Winnik is a good fit for the Rangers, and would be an ideal "Brian Boyle Replacement"

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I find it funny how we could have signed Winnik (wanted him badly for our 4th line) last offseason. Better than Glass (not hard to do that is), and a cheaper contract to boot. Now, we may trade for him to replace Glass :laugh:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I find it funny how we could have signed Winnik (wanted him badly for our 4th line) last offseason. Better than Glass (not hard to do that is), and a cheaper contract to boot. Now, we may trade for him to replace Glass :laugh:

YUP YUP YUP! It would be a very hard pill to swallow if we have to give up a second round pick when we could have signed him instead of Glass. Unless he didn't want to come here it was a no brainer to sign him over Glass in the off season.

Vidic15*

YUP YUP YUP! It would be a very hard pill to swallow if we have to give up a second round pick when we could have signed him instead of Glass. Unless he didn't want to come here it was a no brainer to sign him over Glass in the off season.

Same goes for Santorelli. We offered 1mil, Tor offered 1.5mil per yr.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Newport was in town yesterday. Besides Zuccarello,they also represent Johnny Moore,McIlrath and Brady Skjei. Newport also represents DZ and they met with the Rangers last season regarding DZ when was not playing much. I am sure Newport wants to see Moore play more. I am sure Newport asked about the Rangers plans for McIlrath. Newport lists their drafted clients. They had Skjei on their site but they removed all of the college player clients after Kerdiles got in trouble for some minor infraction. The college season is winding down. Skjei is finishing up his 3rd year at school. The NHL bound college guys usually leave school after 3 years. Last summer Skjei told the Rangers face to face that he was planning to stay in school for his junior year. You know the Rangers asked him when is planning to turn pro. I would ask that question.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Weircioch would be a good pick up as would Winnik and/or Letesu.

If the Rangers moved J. Moore for an asset, they would have a D depth of:

McD
Girardi
Staal
Klein
Boyle
Weircioch
Hunwick
McI/Skjei if he turned pro

Need that depth in case someone goes down.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It would be insane. Especially if you could convert Kreider back to C and then have 'em on a line together. But, alas, I seriously doubt the Isles would want to help us bolster a strength.

Krieder to center?? No. Just no.

I love Kreider, but he cannot take on the added responsibilities of a different role. Leave him be.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Weircioch would be a good pick up as would Winnik and/or Letesu.

If the Rangers moved J. Moore for an asset, they would have a D depth of:

McD
Girardi
Staal
Klein
Boyle
Weircioch
Hunwick
McI/Skjei if he turned pro

Need that depth in case someone goes down.

If they get wiercoch for cheap sure. May aswell keep moore though unless they get a player back that's a affordable ld and locked up

I'm good w letestu or Winnik for depth ideally moving a 3rd tops

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Would love Winnik. He can keep the opposition pinned in the offensive zone.

I posted a few days ago here, what would it cost to get both Erik Cole and Vernon Fiddler from Dallas? Cole can replace Miller on the third line. He can skate, has some offensive punch left, and is a huge body.

Fiddler is good on the draws (51%) and PKs.

Yes, one of Miller or Fast would have to come out of the lineup but that gives incredible depth and four great lines.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009

I posted a few days ago here, what would it cost to get both Erik Cole and Vernon Fiddler from Dallas? Cole can replace Miller on the third line. He can skate, has some offensive punch left, and is a huge body.

Yes, one of Miller or Fast would have to come out of the lineup but that gives incredible depth and four great lines.

Miller and Fast are both playing extremely well. Why would we fix something that isn't broken? Miller is a younger, hungrier (albeit more unrefined) version of Cole. About the same size (I think Cole has like a half an inch and 4 pounds on JT). JT can also skate, and has offensive punch, and is driving possession quite well with Hayes and Hagelin.

Don't want Fiddler either- he has a year left on his deal after this. He's not going to displace Hayes on the third line, and isn't going to displace Moore on the fourth, and he sure as hell isn't getting playing time on the left wing.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

maybe we can trade Glass for Winnik since Glass is "such a locker room guy" :sarcasm:

in all seriousness, if Glass is so good in the room, he's exactly what Toronto needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad