Galiardi-Slater-Thorburn
Tangradi-O'Dell'Klingberg

Bogosian-Trouba
Enstrom-Clitsome
Stuart-Postma
Ellerby-Pardy

Pavelec
Hutchinson

But I think Kane gets traded sooner or later. Also, I do think Ehlers will make the team. Normally I say go to junior, but he looks ready. If not, at least give him nine games. I think he could be one of our leading scorers too if he sticks the whole year. Ehlers would replace Kane so well too.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Ladd Little Frolik
Buff Scheifele Wheeler
Kane Perreault O'Dell
Galiardi Slater Klingberg
Tangradi, Thorburn

Toby Trouba
Clitsome Bogosian
Stuart Pardy
Postma

Hutchinson
Pavelec

this is how I'd like to start on opening day.

'edit'

Say what you want and hate away.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Kane-Little-Byfuglien
Ladd-Perrault-Frolik
Galiardi-Slater-Thorburn

Bogosian-Trouba
Enstrom-Clitsome
Stuart-Postma
Ellerby-Pardy

Pavelec
Hutchinson

But I think Kane gets traded sooner or later. Also, I do think Ehlers will make the team. Normally I say go to junior, but he looks ready. If not, at least give him nine games. I think he could be one of our leading scorers too if he sticks the whole year. Ehlers would replace Kane so well too.

If you're so sure about Ehlers, what do you think about a little bet? :P

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
See my response to MS: I agree they could be very dynamic, but I think I'd rather structure it so the team was harder to play against. I also think that Kane's line could very well end up being the top line in terms of TOI on many nights, so I truly don't see it as a third line.

Kane was almost never on the top line -he's always been behind Ladd-, but he lead the team in ES TOI /GP both of the previous seasons.

Kane's icetime will be fine.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Likewise. But that's the line that Maurice said had "too much speed". :dunno:

You can never have too much speed :hyper: If only Scheifele and Wheeler could stay upright instead of blowing a tire making "tight turns"... :rolly:

I do agree, I would really like to keep the KSW line together, they seemed to play well together.

Ladd - Little - Frolik
Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler
Galiardi - Perreault - Byfuglien

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Likewise. But that's the line that Maurice said had "too much speed". :dunno:

Bizarre statement to make. Wonder if he also said Pavelec "makes too many saves."

Too much speed for the opposition is fine with me, though I'd rather see Frolik with 9-55 and Wheeler back with LL.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Bizarre statement to make. Wonder if he also said Pavelec "makes too many saves."

Too much speed for the opposition is fine with me, though I'd rather see Frolik with 9-55 and Wheeler back with LL.

I think Maurice forgot to use one of these :sarcasm: when he made that statement. ;)

LLF really is a formidable line when they're together - top 15 1st line, by the numbers - they regularly beat other top lines in possession, and do extremely well on the scoring side too. Pretty sure that's why Maurice moved Frolik there. I liked LLW too, but can understand the reasoning behind LLF.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Can we at least agree that Galiardi will likely start the year on "line four"?

I'm sure Maurice is piecing him on the Third with Perreault and probably Buff.The 4th has got a lot of pieces already.Thorbs,Tangradi,Peluso,Halischuk,possibly Odell if he cracks the lineup at the start but probably starts in St.Johns.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm sure Maurice is piecing him on the Third with Perreault and probably Buff.The 4th has got a lot of pieces already.Thorbs,Tangradi,Peluso,Halischuk,possibly Odell if he cracks the lineup at the start but probably starts in St.Johns.

I'd be surprised if O'Dell doesn't crack the line-up: I think he'll be fighting Galiardi for a top 9 role, personally.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
You can never have too much speed :hyper: If only Scheifele and Wheeler could stay upright instead of blowing a tire making "tight turns"... :rolly:

I do agree, I would really like to keep the KSW line together, they seemed to play well together.

Ladd - Little - Frolik
Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler
Galiardi - Perreault - Byfuglien

[mod] Good job.That is probably going to be the lines going into the start of the season.Im sure plenty of call ups if it don't work out like Odell or Klingburg.I know everyone wants Odell to start the season but I don't think that is going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
I'd be surprised if O'Dell doesn't crack the line-up: I think he'll be fighting Galiardi for a top 9 role, personally.

I see what your saying and I agree also.I think Odell has showed he can play in the Nhl.I just feel like the T.J. Signing was for the 3rd line.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I see what your saying and I agree also.I think Odell has showed he can play in the Nhl.I just feel like the T.J. Signing was for the 3rd line.

I agree with you about the TJ signing - what I especially like about it is that it'll force some competition to happen in TC. You want this spot, O'Dell? Show us what you've got, and beat this guy to take it. Good scenario.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I love Kane, I'm an admitted Scheif homer, and think Wheeler is a dynamic and fun player to watch. I loved watching that line last year - the speed with which they moved around the ice bordered on ridiculous.

That said, I think the team would be harder to play against if you don't load up two lines, and leave the 3rd floundering. That's my opinion.

Yes I understand and I agree. I've asked before and never saw an adequate answer but what about LLB? I can think of potential pros and cons. Like all of these combinations it would need to be tried to really know how it would work but I see a lot of possibilities.

LLB
KSF
OPW
GST(angradi) Heyyy .... the GST line? That could be a great nickname! :)

The discussion seems to have gone back to more traditional lines except that there is a top 9 instead of top 6. I liked the 3 pairs plus moveable parts idea.
LLx
KSy
zPW
GST
xyz = Buff, Frolik, O'Dell

If, after playing together a bit Kane and Perreault do work well together I have no objection to putting them together.
LLx
KPy
zSW
Now the debates about the other winger with Kane and relative ice time go away. The 3 top (IMO) wingers are paired with the 3 top centres. There is no 123 no abc. If you want to attach those labels you will have to wait to the end of the season and see who ended up with a little more or less ice time.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ok, so if we're honest, there probably won't be any more significant moves this offseason. Chevy said he wanted to add another top 9-er, and got that in Galiardi. Barring any trades or other sorts of fun, we have the players under contract who will start the season. Potential lineups have snuck into many threads over the last little while, often resulting in similar conversations (who is Scheif playing with, who gets what zone starts, etc.) so why not consolidate?!?!

Post what you think/want/dream the lineup will be for your 2014-2015 Winnipeeeeeeeg Jeeeeets!

Here's what I think the lineup will look like:

Ladd - Little - Frolik
Kane - Perreault - Byfuglien
Galiardi - Scheifele - Wheeler
Tangradi - Slater - O'Dell

Enstrom - Trouba
Stuart - Bogosian
Clitsome - Postma

Pavelec
Hutchinson

Explaining some of the more potentially controversial things:
I think Trouba quickly supplants Bogosian, leaving us with two top 2 capable RHD.
I don't think O'Dell is given a top 9 spot, but is the first to move up when someone goes down w/ injury (not Thorburn, yay). Depending on TC, he and Galiardi may switch spots.
Morrissey and Ehlers don't stay past TC
Scheif has a bit of a sophomore slump, or at least he doesn't keep up the pace of the latter half of his last season as many hope.

I agree there are not likely going to be any other moves unless there is a trade involving Kane, Buff or Frolik. Those are still something that should be quite likely. But we are still a Chevy managed team so who knows. That is way too unpredictable to enter into forecasting at this point so I think it is best ignored until it happens, at least for this purpose. I do not agree that Chevy got another top 9 like he wanted. I think Galiardi competes with O'Dell for the 9th F but there is something wrong if he wins. O'Dell's history places him well above Galiardi on the depth chart.

You have a D placement that I see too much. Stuart played 2nd pair last year only because Clitsome was injured. I suspect you are right about Morrissey and Ehlers but I think Morrissey SHOULD stick. I think he is up against a preconceived idea that he is not ready. He will have to outplay somebody by a wide margin to stay. I mean somebody other than Pardy/Ellerby. Time will tell. At any rate I will include him in my lineup because he SHOULD be there even though I don't think he will be.

Ladd - Little - x
Kane - Perreault - y
z - Scheifele - Wheeler
Galiardi - Slater - Tangradi (I would put Klingberg here but it is so close and this way we have a GST line again)
Klingberg - Thorburn
xyz = O'Dell - Frolik - Buff in no particular order.

Enstrom - Bogosian
Clitsome - Trouba
Morrissey - Postma
Stuart

Pavelec
Hutch

We need to trade both Stuart and Thorburn. They ARE both getting in the way.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Say what you want and hate away.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Kane-Little-Byfuglien
Ladd-Perrault-Frolik
Galiardi-Slater-Thorburn

Bogosian-Trouba
Enstrom-Clitsome
Stuart-Postma
Ellerby-Pardy

Pavelec
Hutchinson

No hatred involved. It isn't impossible for Ehlers to make the team but IMO you are engaging in wishful thinking. If he did make the team he would not play on the top line against the toughest competition. He would have to be sheltered. Your expectations for Scheifele are the same. Just wishful thinking. Just give them all another year or 2.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes I understand and I agree. I've asked before and never saw an adequate answer but what about LLB? I can think of potential pros and cons. Like all of these combinations it would need to be tried to really know how it would work but I see a lot of possibilities.

LLB
KSF
OPW
GST(angradi) Heyyy .... the GST line? That could be a great nickname! :)

The discussion seems to have gone back to more traditional lines except that there is a top 9 instead of top 6. I liked the 3 pairs plus moveable parts idea.
LLx
KSy
zPW
GST
xyz = Buff, Frolik, O'Dell

If, after playing together a bit Kane and Perreault do work well together I have no objection to putting them together.
LLx
KPy
zSW
Now the debates about the other winger with Kane and relative ice time go away. The 3 top (IMO) wingers are paired with the 3 top centres. There is no 123 no abc. If you want to attach those labels you will have to wait to the end of the season and see who ended up with a little more or less ice time.

I had mentioned a LLB line many times, but no one seems to like it. I really think that our third line would be a good line if it was Odell Perrault Frolik, hard working line, they can skate and forecheck well, and coach would feel safe putting them vs most lines. But most want Fro on the top two, which im not opposed to either but love that options are there.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Maurice forgot to use one of these :sarcasm: when he made that statement. ;)

LLF really is a formidable line when they're together - top 15 1st line, by the numbers - they regularly beat other top lines in possession, and do extremely well on the scoring side too. Pretty sure that's why Maurice moved Frolik there. I liked LLW too, but can understand the reasoning behind LLF.

I liked LLF a lot but it seems to me people are forgetting KSF. I liked that a lot too. Maybe more than LLF. We only have 1 Frolik. Soon we will have none. Geez Chevy! Just give him the freaking money! Then go out and find 2 more just like him, 1 for every scoring line.

boanst

May 25, 2013
We're not going to know till we see some games with combinations , but that grouping has the potential to weaken two lines imo . It may not , but I think it it is more likely than not . Even if the premise is to roll three lines pretty equally , they won't get the same minutes and if you slot Kane to the third line I think you are saying you're ok with him getting less minutes and I'm not , and the RW's aren't going to add much to whoever is with them.

It's not ideal by any means , I still prefer Buff on D , and if he is at W I don't know where he fits in best , for him and for the team.

A lot can be determined by how good MP is going to be , if he is the improving player we are hoping for ( and have seen in some cases ) then another step up with an talent like 9 may be enough to have a pedestrian RW .

Galiardi isn't going to add much offense and ideally would be a good 4th liner , which brings us back to O'Dell . In other words not a lot has changed , and not ideal as I said.

Kane averaged the most ES TOI among our forwards last year and he didnt play on the top line until game 81.

No matter where Kane is in the lineup, he will receive a ton of minutes.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Take a look at O'Dell vs Galiardi in junior and the AHL. No way Galiardi's experience edge overcomes that difference. If you are right that O'Dell does not make the team he is gone. No way he clears waivers. There is not much wrong with the rest of O'Dell's game either. If the AHL is of any use as a development league O'Dell is developed. It is not supposed to be just a place to park players until an opening occurs. O'Dell has been a PPG producer there for 2 straight years.

O'Dell
Total NHL 30 3 4 7
Total AHL 143 58 61 119
Total OHL 198 100 107 207
Galiardi
Total NHL 283 43 61 104
Total AHL 67 10 18 28
Total WHL 72 18 52 70

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I don't know why, but I hate the idea of Buff playing with Scheifele. I just do not think that they would work well together. Dunno why.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ladd-Little-Frolik
Byfuglien-Perreault-O'Dell
Galiardi-Slater-Thorburn

Enstrom-Trouba
Morrissey-Bogosian
Clitsome-Postma

Hutch
Pavs

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Take a look at O'Dell vs Galiardi in junior and the AHL. No way Galiardi's experience edge overcomes that difference. If you are right that O'Dell does not make the team he is gone. No way he clears waivers. There is not much wrong with the rest of O'Dell's game either. If the AHL is of any use as a development league O'Dell is developed. It is not supposed to be just a place to park players until an opening occurs. O'Dell has been a PPG producer there for 2 straight years.

O'Dell
Total NHL 30 3 4 7
Total AHL 143 58 61 119
Total OHL 198 100 107 207
Galiardi
Total NHL 283 43 61 104
Total AHL 67 10 18 28
Total WHL 72 18 52 70

If you look at the stats you pulled up this is what you see.
The reason why Galiardi has less is because he played less in the W and the A.
He only played 72 in the W because he was good enough to move up to the A.Then he played limited time in the A because he was good enough to move up to the NHL.Yes O'Dell has more experience in the lower leagues but Galiardi has a lot more experience in the NHL.That is why I'm sure he will be on the third.I hate it for O'Dell but it's a business not who people like more.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ladd-Little-Frolik
Byfuglien-Perreault-O'Dell
Galiardi-Slater-Thorburn

Enstrom-Trouba
Morrissey-Bogosian
Clitsome-Postma

Hutch
Pavs

Looks nice but your not going to see O'Dell or Morrisey or Postma there to start.Maybe call ups later.Insert Stuart and Pardy in your D lines and Tangradi or Peluso on your 4th.I like your top 2 lines though.

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Scheifele Byfuglien
O'Dell Perrault Frolik
Galiardi Slater Thorburn

Enstrom Trouba
Bogosian Postma
Morrissey Stuart

Pavelec
Hutch

I'd be surprised if Thorburn wasn't in the opening night lineup, that contract says it all. Also, I really dig the lineup in general, there's some good things potentially developing, not to mention Morrissey possibly making the team.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
If you look at the stats you pulled up this is what you see.
The reason why Galiardi has less is because he played less in the W and the A.
He only played 72 in the W because he was good enough to move up to the A.Then he played limited time in the A because he was good enough to move up to the NHL.Yes O'Dell has more experience in the lower leagues but Galiardi has a lot more experience in the NHL.That is why I'm sure he will be on the third.I hate it for O'Dell but it's a business not who people like more.

Galiiardi won't be playing centre on this team. Then again, neither will O'Dell, at least not this season, barring a trade. The first will play LW, the latter RW. I don't see a conflict here.

O'Dell easily ranks 4th in RW depth (Wheeler, Byfuglien, Frolik (prefers off wing), O'Dell, Halishuck, Klingberg (prefers off wing), Thorburn, Peluso is how I see our organization on the right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad