Kane Scheifele Byfuglien
O'Dell Perrault Frolik
Galiardi Slater Thorburn

Enstrom Trouba
Bogosian Postma
Morrissey Stuart

Pavelec
Hutch

I'd be surprised if Thorburn wasn't in the opening night lineup, that contract says it all. Also, I really dig the lineup in general, there's some good things potentially developing, not to mention Morrissey possibly making the team.

That contract Thorburn got says he will definitely be in the lineup at the start of the season.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Yup, but I don't mind Thorburn with Slater and Galiardi. Could be a real antagonizing line to play against.

Yea Thorburns not a goal scorer but he can muck it up a little and get in your face.Im just not sure who is going to be on the other side.My guess would be Tangradi/Peluso/or Halischuk.Unless something changes in camp I'm pretty sure T.J. Galiardi plays on the third with Perrault and prob Kane.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
Here's what I think will happen:

Ladd - Little - Frolik
Kane - Scheif - Wheeler
Tangradi - Perreault - Buff
Galiardi - Slater - Thorburn

Peluso, Halischuk

Enstrom - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba
Clitsome - Postma

Pardy

Pavelec
Hutchinson

Without any significant roster moves, I don’t see any reason why Maurice would make any significant line changes. I could see room for Klingberg as a 13th or 14th forward if he has a solid TC as Peluso and Hali are both RW (and Hali on a two-way). I know there are lots of people rooting for O’Dell around here, and I agree with them, but I don’t think he cracks the roster unless he’s covering injuries. Even if O’Dell dazzles at TC, I think that Maurice would be reluctant to put him on the left wing and I doubt that he’ll be played ahead of the million-dollar man Thorburn. Could be another option for an extra skater.

Here's what I want to happen:

Ladd - Little - Frolik
Kane - Perreault - Wheeler
Galiardi - Scheif - O'Dell
Tangradi - Slater - Peluso

Thorburn, Klingberg

Enstrom - Buff
Clitsome - Trouba
Stuart - Bogosian

Pardy

Hutchinson
Pavelec

I'm most interested by a Kane/Perreault pairing because I think that statistically they compliment each other very well. Also, Perreault is a better at faceoffs (north of 50%) and a better possession player than Scheifele. Add Wheels to the mix and that could be a deadly line. Despite his two-way, I think that Galiardi could still be a legit 3rd line contributor, and I'd like to see him with Scheif and O'Dell. Together they would have some speed and some finish, but they would have to be used moreso in OZ/NZ starts. Peluso is better than Thorburn possession-wise (though not by much) and a better fighter, but at the sacrifice of some speed. Possession on the 4th-line is bolstered by Tangradi, and with Slater's faceoff % I see them as a mostly DZ starting line that can get the puck out of the zone. Buff back on defense with Enstrom because they have been our best defensive pairing despite the haters. This puts Postma back out, but he could be the 7th D just as well as Pardy. I chose Pardy because he had a solid season with good possession numbers. Obviously Hutch over Pavelec.

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
Yea Thorburns not a goal scorer but he can muck it up a little and get in your face.Im just not sure who is going to be on the other side.My guess would be Tangradi/Peluso/or Halischuk.Unless something changes in camp I'm pretty sure T.J. Galiardi plays on the third with Perrault and prob Kane.

As much as I want Galiardi to have a break through season with us, I'm just not entirely sure he can play with the likes of Kane and Perrault. He might get a look for sure, but I'm also thinking Scheifele and Kane play together. I do think there will be lots of combos if things aren't going well, hopefully this isn't the case.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Unless something amazing happens in a trade soon or another signing or something in camp you can pretty much see what is going to be on the ice opening night except for the 4th line.

Ladd Little Frolik
Kane Scheifele Wheeler
Galiardi Perreault Byfuglien
Tangradi Slater Thorburn/Peluso/Halischuk

Enstrom Bogosian
Stuart Trouba
Clitsome Pardy

Ellerby/Postma 7th

If Galiardi doesn't produce on the 3rd call up O'dell
The 3rd line has a little log jam on the right side but they will sift through it and move the rest down.

This is just my take but it seems the most logical with who we have.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Ladd Little Frolik
Buff Scheifele Wheeler
Kane Perreault O'Dell
Galiardi Slater Klingberg
Tangradi, Thorburn

Toby Trouba
Clitsome Bogosian
Stuart Pardy
Postma

Hutchinson
Pavelec

this is how I'd like to start on opening day.

'edit'

If you're so sure about Ehlers, what do you think about a little bet? :P

Okay.

If I'm right, I say make me a moderator on the Jets boards. If I'm wrong, I stay off of the Jets page for good or something.

No hatred involved. It isn't impossible for Ehlers to make the team but IMO you are engaging in wishful thinking. If he did make the team he would not play on the top line against the toughest competition. He would have to be sheltered. Your expectations for Scheifele are the same. Just wishful thinking. Just give them all another year or 2.

I said it once I'll say it again, even if I have to be a broken record. I only wanted Scheifele to make it in 2011-12 for nine games to debut with the brand new team. I didn't want him to even see NHL ice in 2012-13. But I didn't want him to be a full-time NHLer until 2013-14, even said he'd be in the AHL as long as he needed.

Trouba could've stay in NCAA as long as he wanted and needed. He just knew he was ready and he was right.

Morrissey this season should get nine games. I think he's good and will be NHL ready in 2015-16. I think he just needs to experience what its like to play against NHL veterans and superstars. Otherwise he has the feel for the top pro level from watching him in St. Johns and PA, but I still say he should be traded to a Memorial Cup contender, unless its him and Drasaitl that return.

Ehlers looks like he's NHL ready offensively. He's bigger than Patrick Kane was when he was a rookie. I even think in a few years people will say he should've went top three. Truthfully the only, only thing I think he needs to do is get more buff ASAP. Otherwise he'd make it no problem.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

So a line of entirely LH shooters....

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
For me the Galiardi signing does little to change the team as I see it. He may earn a spot, there is really little to distinguish among all our 2 way contracts, although I would give O'Dell the edge over all of them, he did a lot to earn a spot in March and April.

I think it is likely by the amount of forwards we have competing for spots that the roster will be composed of 14 forwards and 7 defensemen.

My guess, which is not equivalent to a prognosis, as anything can happen in camp, is:

Ladd-Little-Frolik
Byfuglien-Scheifele-Wheeler
Kane-Perrault-O'Dell
Tangradi-Slater-Thorburn
Halischuk and Peluso out of camp (maybe Galiardi in Halischuk's spot)

Enstrom-Bogo
Stuart-Trouba
Pardy-Postma
Clitty

Pavelec
Hutchinson

St. John's

Galiardi (veteran influence)-???-Kosmachuk
Jaffray*-Lowry-Lipon
Cormier-Albert-Klingberg
???-Olsen-Riley*
Mackinnon

(I think the first 3 lines can produce players to help the big club)

Chiarot-Kichton
O'Neill-Ellerby
Melchiori-Hill*

Hellebyuck
Olkioura

If Morrissey, Ehlers, or Petan earn a spot, it would likely force subtraction by trade or waivers for a roster player.

Last edited:

NBjet

May 24, 2014
Ahhem, ahhh... I think maybe people aren't getting that young Mr. Morrissey may just make the team, and if he does, it's not a stretch to see him play ahead of Stuart/Clitsome. What, another Trouba? Different player, but possibly as good. I am just saying...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If you look at the stats you pulled up this is what you see.
The reason why Galiardi has less is because he played less in the W and the A.
He only played 72 in the W because he was good enough to move up to the A.Then he played limited time in the A because he was good enough to move up to the NHL.Yes O'Dell has more experience in the lower leagues but Galiardi has a lot more experience in the NHL.That is why I'm sure he will be on the third.I hate it for O'Dell but it's a business not who people like more.

I don't 'like' either more than the other. O'Dell has shown more at the levels he has played. What more could he have done to have gotten more NHL time? I'm saying it is a competition and I think O'Dell wins. If not then fine Galiardi plays 3rd line but there is a reason Calgary didn't qualify him. He is not an outstanding 3rd line player. He is a 3/4 tweener. I'm very happy with this signing but lets not overrate Galiardi.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Scheifele Byfuglien
O'Dell Perrault Frolik
Galiardi Slater Thorburn

Enstrom Trouba
Bogosian Postma
Morrissey Stuart

Pavelec
Hutch

I'd be surprised if Thorburn wasn't in the opening night lineup, that contract says it all. Also, I really dig the lineup in general, there's some good things potentially developing, not to mention Morrissey possibly making the team.

I hope you are wrong. If Maurice makes up his lineup based on contracts Pavs starts 70 games and we are going nowhere. Not only is the goalie no good but neither is the coach.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Unless something amazing happens in a trade soon or another signing or something in camp you can pretty much see what is going to be on the ice opening night except for the 4th line.

Ladd Little Frolik
Kane Scheifele Wheeler
Galiardi Perreault Byfuglien
Tangradi Slater Thorburn/Peluso/Halischuk

Enstrom Bogosian
Stuart Trouba
Clitsome Pardy

Ellerby/Postma 7th

If Galiardi doesn't produce on the 3rd call up O'dell
The 3rd line has a little log jam on the right side but they will sift through it and move the rest down.

This is just my take but it seems the most logical with who we have.

You can't call up O'Dell. He won't clear waivers.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Ahhem, ahhh... I think maybe people aren't getting that young Mr. Morrissey may just make the team, and if he does, it's not a stretch to see him play ahead of Stuart/Clitsome. What, another Trouba? Different player, but possibly as good. I am just saying...

If our defense was

Enstrom-Postma (1st PP) or Pardy
Stuart-Trouba (defensive stalwarts)
Morrissey-Bogosian

I would like our transition game alot more, with the speed we promise up front.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
If our defense was

Enstrom-Postma (1st PP) or Pardy
Stuart-Trouba (defensive stalwarts)
Morrissey-Bogosian

I would like our transition game alot more, with the speed we promise up front.

I Like:

Enstrom - Trouba
Morrissey - Bogosian
Stuart - Postma

All three of these pairs should have a balance offense/defense.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011

Possible, maybe, but probable? No. He might get a full 9 games, but I think they'll be as patient with Morrissey as they were with Scheifele. Although we really need to shore up the LD situation, after Enstrom there is Stuart, Clitsome, Pardy, and Ellerby all on contract. Stuart and Clitsome are all but guaranteed in the lineup with the contracts they have, so it is a bit of a stretch to see Morrissey ahead of them. That leaves Pardy and Ellerby (and Postma at RD) as options for 7th. Could Morrissey jump ahead of those three? Possibly, but I think the only way how would be for him to really impress at the NHL level, in a few call up games. No way he makes it straight up out of camp with no NHL experience imo.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Ladd Little Frolik
kane Schifele Wheeler
Odell Perrault Kosmochuk
Tangradi Slater Galiardi

Thorburn
Peluso
Klingberg
Lipon Lowry

Enstrom Byfuglien
Clitsome Bogosian
Morrissey Trouba

Stuart
Pardy
Ellerby

Pavelec
Hutchinson

Hellybuck

NBjet

May 24, 2014
Possible, maybe, but probable? No. He might get a full 9 games, but I think they'll be as patient with Morrissey as they were with Scheifele. Although we really need to shore up the LD situation, after Enstrom there is Stuart, Clitsome, Pardy, and Ellerby all on contract. Stuart and Clitsome are all but guaranteed in the lineup with the contracts they have, so it is a bit of a stretch to see Morrissey ahead of them. That leaves Pardy and Ellerby (and Postma at RD) as options for 7th. Could Morrissey jump ahead of those three? Possibly, but I think the only way how would be for him to really impress at the NHL level, in a few call up games. No way he makes it straight up out of camp with no NHL experience imo.

Yeah, I'm not really talking about the likelihood of a player in his situation sticking with the big club out of camp, because that is very low, but I'm talking specifically about Josh Morrissey, who said that his goal was to make it to the NHL at 19, and who looked great at camp last year, and who was amazing in his AHL call up/calder Cup run. He'll come to camp at 195 lbs+, and I think that he's going to make it very hard to send him back to Jr., where he has zero to accomplish. And it's not like it's unprecedented; It happened before very recently on our very own club. But really, all that said, just call it a hunch...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
By 2015-16 we will know whether we are a buy and hold team or not. We will have had to address Buff and Ladd by the end of that season. We will also be pretty aware of the results of our 2011-13 draft classes and whether we are superior at D&D (small sample size alert) outside the first round picks.

The great news is we will only have one year left after that on Pavs deal so we can begin to get serious about winning or the 2.1 era! :naughty

Last edited:

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
Yeah, I'm not really talking about the likelihood of a player in his situation sticking with the big club out of camp, because that is very low, but I'm talking specifically about Josh Morrissey, who said that his goal was to make it to the NHL at 19, and who looked great at camp last year, and who was amazing in his AHL call up/calder Cup run. He'll come to camp at 195 lbs+, and I think that he's going to make it very hard to send him back to Jr., where he has zero to accomplish. And it's not like it's unprecedented; It happened before very recently on our very own club. But really, all that said, just call it a hunch...

I like your optimism, and I would also love to see a prime and ready Morrissey on the team, but I don't see it happening this year for all the reasons I previously mentioned. It won't be hard to send him to junior this season, but next year I think he's got a solid shot. I'm high on Morrissey, but comparing him to Trouba is naive.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
I like your optimism, and I would also love to see a prime and ready Morrissey on the team, but I don't see it happening this year for all the reasons I previously mentioned. It won't be hard to send him to junior this season, but next year I think he's got a solid shot. I'm high on Morrissey, but comparing him to Trouba is naive.

I'm not really comparing him to Trouba, they are different players, and I acknowledge that I may be out to lunch, but there were a few plays during the Calder Cup where I though to myself, holy crap, I haven't seen anyone skate like that since Paul Coffey! Naive? Perhaps...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm not really comparing him to Trouba, they are different players, and I acknowledge that I may be out to lunch, but there were a few plays during the Calder Cup where I though to myself, holy crap, I haven't seen anyone skate like that since Paul Coffey! Naive? Perhaps...

His skating is definitely exceptional, especially his transitions. Smooth as silk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad