Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Noreau out for the season.

From Chambers:

Defenseman Maxim Noreau, the leading scorer for the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League, has undergone season-ending shoulder surgery.

Link from denverpost

I don't know if this was old news, but at least new news for me.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's not old news :( :( :(

I'm amazed Chambers knows who anyone from the Monsters is. That's really rough, he was their leading scorer. I kinda assumed his injury wasn't that bad. Corbett has kinda taken his place, big step up for him now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man games lost

1. CBJ 300
2. COL 264
3. ANA 256
4. PIT 219
5. NJD 218
5. PHI 218
7. BUF 178

Wow...

Think of how good ANA would be without all those injuries

This is a bit misleading though considering who most of the injuries have been to. Varly and Mitchell out for a few games had an impact, and they miss McGinn a fair bit, but other than that it's all been depth guys.

The bulk of those man games lost has been Winchester, Bordy, and Wilson. Obviously EJ is gonna be missed though big time and will add to that number.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This is a bit misleading though considering who most of the injuries have been to. Varly and Mitchell out for a few games had an impact, and they miss McGinn a fair bit, but other than that it's all been depth guys.

The bulk of those man games lost has been Winchester, Bordy, and Wilson. Obviously EJ is gonna be missed though big time and will add to that number.

Does Winchester count? He started the season on IR did he not? I have no idea how that works lol. It would seem to me that you would probably have to play a minimum amount of games in order to be considered for man-games lost, or be a call-up who gets hurt. I don't know lol, just rambling here :help:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Does Winchester count? He started the season on IR did he not? I have no idea how that works lol. It would seem to me that you would probably have to play a minimum amount of games in order to be considered for man-games lost, or be a call-up who gets hurt. I don't know lol, just rambling here :help:

They all count but it's the same way for every team. Sure our guys out for the season/indefinitely rack up the numbers but that depth is important. Now we have EJ on it too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They all count but it's the same way for every team. Sure our guys out for the season/indefinitely rack up the numbers but that depth is important. Now we have EJ on it too.

But not nearly as important as teams like Anaheim and Columbus who have had a great deal of injuries to key players.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
But not nearly as important as teams like Anaheim and Columbus who have had a great deal of injuries to key players.

I think it would be interesting to see a stat like that mangameslost one, but for the first 3 lines, the first 2 pairings, and the starting goaltender.

The Avs have a lot of man games lost to injury, but a lot of those have been to depth players. The injuries to EJ, Varlamov, and McGinn are/were much more important than the injuries to Bordeleau, Wilson, and Winchester.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Each team reports those numbers differently. Some include everything that is not a healthy scratch. Some only include injury, not illness or LTIR. Many include suspensions. But they don't have a complete list of which teams report what, so hard to tell.

Last edited:

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
There used to be a site that tabulated games lost with a ranking based off cap hit. Not the most precise way of getting at who's hurt more, but a pretty decent view.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There used to be a site that tabulated games lost with a ranking based off cap hit. Not the most precise way of getting at who's hurt more, but a pretty decent view.

If a site could sort it by ice time that'd tell a fairly accurate picture.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com

The site I posted can be sorted via caphit

http://mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-chip-and-tmitt-february-5-2015/

Tyson Barrie hip flexor and he's day to day. At least we get to see what Elliott can do.

Hejda - Redmond
Holden - Stuart
Guenin - Elliott

5199474+_5c68c4c62f99726626b50e3503a25d69.jpg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
When all top six forwards have been healthy, or at least able to play games, I don't think you can complain about injuries.

They have hurt our depth and the injuries to Mitchell, EJ and Varlamov are tough but Winchester/Bordeleau/McGinn out for most of the year is not a disaster.

There are at least five teams that's been hit harder by injuries. Jets, Penguins, Blue jackets and so on.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
When all top six forwards have been healthy, or at least able to play games, I don't think you can complain about injuries.

They have hurt our depth and the injuries to Mitchell, EJ and Varlamov are tough but Winchester/Bordeleau/McGinn out for most of the year is not a disaster.

There are at least five teams that's been hit harder by injuries. Jets, Penguins, Blue jackets and so on.

I fully disagree, an injury to a player in the top 12 forwards/top 6 dmen affects the team because then you are playing players that aren't supposed to be playing and asking them to be productive.

There is a big difference between:

Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla
Landy-ROR-MacK
McGinn-Mitchell-Everberg
McCleod-Talbot-Bordy
Briere,Cliche

Hejda-EJ
Wilson-Barrie
Stuart-Holden
Guenin-Redmond

Varly
Berra

and what we are playing tonight:

Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla
Landy-ROR-MacK
McCleod-Mitchell-Everberg
Talbot-Cliche-Briere

Hejda-Redmond
Guenin-Elliott
Stuart-Holden

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I wouldn't exactly say that. Are we lucky MacKinnon, Duchene, Landy, O'Reilly haven't gone down, yeah. But if you'd say who is the worst to go down it's EJ and Varly and we've had both not to mention an entire core of bottom 6 forwards.

Damn straight! I'm pretty sure, I'd rather have any one of our forwards injured before either EJ or Varly...We have two necessities on this team for success and neither is a forward.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Damn. I eff'd my hip flexor up when I played many years ago. Thing still comes back to bite me occasionally like 10 years later. Really hope that they let Barrie rest it well and it doesn't become a more frequent issue.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I fully disagree, an injury to a player in the top 12 forwards/top 6 dmen affects the team because then you are playing players that aren't supposed to be playing and asking them to be productive.

There is a big difference between:

Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla
Landy-ROR-MacK
McGinn-Mitchell-Everberg
McCleod-Talbot-Bordy
Briere,Cliche

Hejda-EJ
Wilson-Barrie
Stuart-Holden
Guenin-Redmond

Varly
Berra

and what we are playing tonight:

Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla
Landy-ROR-MacK
McCleod-Mitchell-Everberg
Talbot-Cliche-Briere

Hejda-Redmond
Guenin-Elliott
Stuart-Holden

But you are using injuries to key players like EJ and Barrie as your example, not depth players like Bordy and Wilson.

Their most significant injury this year is McGinn, who's missed but is still a 3rd liner that can spot fill in the top 6 if need be. Mitchell missed a few games, and Varly missed a few games, but outside that they've been pretty lucky. Especially on the backend up until recently.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 1m1 minute ago
Coach Roy is talking to the media now. Says Barrie is coming on the trip but he’s still day to day. May call up a defenseman later today.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 1m1 minute ago
Coach Roy is talking to the media now. Says Barrie is coming on the trip but he’s still day to day. May call up a defenseman later today.

Dear god...it'll be Stollery...

It's too bad Noreau is injured for the rest of the year and Siemens is still injured (right?)

I REALLY want to see how Siemens can look in some NHL games given how he appeared to impress Roy in training camp.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Dear god...it'll be Stollery...

It's too bad Noreau is injured for the rest of the year and Siemens is still injured (right?)

I REALLY want to see how Siemens can look in some NHL games given how he appeared to impress Roy in training camp.

if it's just 7th D, in case someone is injured in warmups, i don't mind if it's stollery.

if it's to callup stollery and scratch redmond even if he was bad last night then... yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad