Injury Report: 2014-2015 Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Figured it's time to get this going, as the Avs already have a handful of injuries.

Updated 10/1:

F Patrick Bordeleau - Back surgery, out 3 months, likely returning sometime in December

C John Mitchell - Migraines, apparently not related to his concussion. Skating again, could be ready for opener.

F Jamie McGinn - on track for opener

F Tomas Vincour and Ben Street - Out 4-6 weeks

Last edited:

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Sounds like McGinn is some ways out:

@MikeChambers said:
Jamie McGinn (back) update: doesn't even have a stall in locker room. Update later after I talk to Patrick Roy

@MikeChambers said:
Add to McGinn update, he has not been seen skating thus far and his now vacant locker stall belonged to Paul Carey, reassigned

EDIT: or maybe Roy cut Carey so that McGinn could get his locker back. :sarcasm:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If McGinn is out for any sort of time to start the year, I'd say Everberg is a good bet to replace him, given what we've seen. He's spent a lot of time with the Avs skilled guys, and spent TC with Briere and Talbot. Without McGinn and Bordeleau (even if he wouldn't have been in the lineup), the Avs lose some size and physicality and Everberg brings some of that back.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Chambers:
Patrick Roy says #Avs taking 28 players on Montreal/Quebec City trip. Landeskog (back) and Briere (son injured in Philly) should be there

What's with all the back-injuries this season.
It's like the knee last season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Mike Chambers @MikeChambers
We covered a lot with Patrick Roy today. He also said Jamie McGinn (back) is weeks away, not yet skakting, and the team will not rush. #Avs

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And people were worried that Avs would have too many forwards and no room for some.

The season hasn't began yet and there are already injuries. I'm pretty sure less than half way through the season Avs will be short of forwards.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
fantasy... If Mitch has not been cleared to skate he wont play.. migraines are super debilitating..... may never play if they cannot control them. Im not saying he wont play, just if you have one or two fine, but if he is having cycling migraines there is no way he could play until they stop.
Hopefully McG will be available, but he was listed as weeks last I saw...
again I hope all this is hot air...

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Remember last year, though, that Roy usually erred on the optimistic side of timetables. I remember several occasions that he said someone would be ready only to extend their injury time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Roy said he expects Mitchell to play in pre season and that he believes McGinn will be ready for the season opener.

The Mitchell answer was different just now. He said they don't know, but it might be mid October before he is back in the lineup. IMO it really sounds like PCS and they simply don't know when it will go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad