2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Did Grigorenko and Couturier have some time off when they had it a few years back ? I honestly can't remember. I seam to recall Roger Federer contracting it mid tennis season as well although I could be wrong and I'm too lazy to check. I guess depending on the severity you can kinda work through it, although not at 100% of your capacities. Never had it myself mind you so I might be whistling Dixie at this point.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Did Grigorenko and Couturier have some time off when they had it a few years back ? I honestly can't remember. I seam to recall Roger Federer contracting it mid tennis season as well although I could be wrong and I'm too lazy to check. I guess depending on the severity you can kinda work through it, although not at 100% of your capacities. Never had it myself mind you so I might be whistling Dixie at this point.

Couturier missed the entire camp in the QMJHL and the beginning of the season. Out 2 months I think.

When Grigorenko was diagnosed, Remparts had just lost to Halifax in the playoffs so he didn't miss much hockey. He didn't do the physical tests at the NHL Combine though.

Dec 2, 2010
He has really blossomed this year. His first year or two he was a bit of a depth guy who played in spurts. But once given a chance as a vet in Barrie to be a top-line guy he has run with it.

Had a great start to the year and has more or less kept it up. I think Barrie should have insulated him a bit more at the deadline with one of the big forwards who was available (McCarron, Bailey, Ritchie, etc.) but that never happened.

He strikes me as a guy who has the all-around smarts to play in the NHL. Has to avoid some dumb penalties and the odd bout of floater-itis. He is best when he's a buzz saw out there. Comparables are tough, but I always found him a bit like Henrique in terms of impact.
Saw him many times. Good junior player. Don't think he's got anything special enough to be a mainstay. Waiver wire type of player.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
another pointless game for Lehkonen. Was listed on the 3rd line today. Outside of his 1 point in the WJC's, his last game he recorded a point was Nov 13th. Has 1 pt in his last 20 games now. (SHL/CHL/WJC)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Mark MacMillan is back into hybernation. He seemed to take off early on but not much lately...16pts in 18 games, 5th in team scoring. I wonder if we wouldn't be better off just signing a CHL or NCAA FA?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Mark MacMillan is back into hybernation. He seemed to take off early on but not much lately...16pts in 18 games, 5th in team scoring. I wonder if we wouldn't be better off just signing a CHL or NCAA FA?

Wonder what they'll do with him. When is he due for signing ?

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
damn winnipeg.

These rankings are to be taken with a grain of salt. Craig Button isn't going around extensively scouting every teams' prospects in addition to covering draft prospects and NHL games. Some of the inclusions and omissions are farcical.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
These rankings are to be taken with a grain of salt. Craig Button isn't going around extensively scouting every teams' prospects in addition to covering draft prospects and NHL games. Some of the inclusions and omissions are farcical.

Exactly. It's one man's opinion only.

What's your top-30 list Grant?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Still Winnipeg have quietly drafted a nice little pool of prospects for themselves. I remember them freaking out over drafting Morrissey in 2013. Not so angry about it now are they.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Button truly is a moron.......this list is an absolute joke. His little tiny pea brain is so easily influenced by the last thing that he sees (WJC).

I realize that scouting is a subjective endeavor but he has said too many things over the years that were so blatantly incorrect that he has absolutely no credibility.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

yea it's a shame but he's been struggling with just 1 pt in his last 6 games. He actually has played more games without scoring a point then games with a point. While I didn't see last nights game, it doesn't look good at least on the stat sheet when your team (one of the top ranked in the NCAA) beats up on a below average team from a weak conference by a score of 7-1 and he ends up pointless and a -1. ouch.

Still a good 6 weeks or so till the playoffs so we'll see how it goes, but if he doesn't pick it up I could see management letting him go.

Maybe sign a guy like tis guy instead...played with Carr at Union...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=76675

I'll keep pushing for the Habs to sign Ahti Oksanen (BU), it's his first year at forward but I like what I've seen from him and there have been lots of rumors about NHL teams being interested.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
lol MacMillan has 2 goals tonight. Good work guys.

Too bad about the last 6 games or so. Otherwise he had a real good start. Wonder what we'll happen with him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
lol MacMillan has 2 goals tonight. Good work guys.

Too bad about the last 6 games or so. Otherwise he had a real good start. Wonder what we'll happen with him.

It's good for MacMillan to put some points on the board against a weak team. What sticks out more is how he's done against much better teams, Denver, UMD, UNO (feels weird saying that), just 3 pts in those series. With such a large incoming rookie class it will be interesting to see how it ends up going for him and what management has in store for him.

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
Nikita with a good night. Another beauty of a goal to make it 4-0 in the third. He took a drop pass along the boards just inside Seattle's blue line and made a quick way to the net while handling the puck surrounded by five Thunderbirds players and pulled the trigger on a backhand top-corner from the left hashmarks in full flight.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
He has really blossomed this year. His first year or two he was a bit of a depth guy who played in spurts. But once given a chance as a vet in Barrie to be a top-line guy he has run with it.

Had a great start to the year and has more or less kept it up. I think Barrie should have insulated him a bit more at the deadline with one of the big forwards who was available (McCarron, Bailey, Ritchie, etc.) but that never happened.

He strikes me as a guy who has the all-around smarts to play in the NHL. Has to avoid some dumb penalties and the odd bout of floater-itis. He is best when he's a buzz saw out there. Comparables are tough, but I always found him a bit like Henrique in terms of impact.
On Blandisi...

I haven't paid any attention to him in Barrie, so all I have is the two half-seasons on the 67's to go by. I mean, he had skills and a bit of all-round smarts and feistiness, though no particular standout trait, and even in Ottawa he put up points (ppg on a very woeful team is still good)... but I would be tempted to chalk the scoring eruption this year up to the overager effect mostly, and not thought of him as a guy who you jump right out and give an ELC to... more like, invite him to your camp and if he's still able to stand out amongst a stack of NHL prospects his own age, then look at signing him. But I'm sure the Devils looked more closely at what he has been doing this year than I have. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad