2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
McCarron just scored on the powerplay for London, playing right in front of the net and on the top line tonight, even played PK a little. Goal was off a shot from the left, rebound came out and he flung it high. Solid goal, great to get one early! Playing Connor MacDavid's Otters, a good match to check out.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
McCarron just scored on the powerplay for London, playing right in front of the net and on the top line tonight, even played PK a little. Goal was off a shot from the left, rebound came out and he flung it high. Solid goal, great to get one early! Playing Connor MacDavid's Otters, a good match to check out.

Is he playing center or wing?

NVM - he played RW with Domi and Welychka...took some draws on the PP and also was on the pk..he is going to be given plenty of opportunity to produce this season by the look of things, and with skilled linemates like Domi.

I still see Horvat being returned to junior before his tenth game and Hunter finally putting together Mac, Domi and Horvat like he talked about two summers ago. That could be a lethal junior line.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
First action since camp, coming off injury, positive game.
He had 5 or 6 solid scoring chances and will get his fair share of Gs this year ( I don't think 30 or just over is a stretch)
He worked hard, showed some jam, used sized on the boards, got PP time and was an effective net prrsence.
Good start but hes gotta be consistent and keep progressing.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Big guy in front of the goalie on the PP results in goal, who knew??

Would be great if he sticks on the top line all year

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
McCarron seems to be putting it together.

Lehkonen is killing it right now at Frolunda. If he can just stay healthy...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Is he playing center or wing?

NVM - he played RW with Domi and Welychka...took some draws on the PP and also was on the pk..he is going to be given plenty of opportunity to produce this season by the look of things, and with skilled linemates like Domi.

I still see Horvat being returned to junior before his tenth game and Hunter finally putting together Mac, Domi and Horvat like he talked about two summers ago. That could be a lethal junior line.

Getting injured in the Canucks pre-season hasn't made things easy for Horvat, but like Bergevin & Timmins both related about Horvat he's a character type player (Hard working passionate to be an NHLer). Horvat has slipped in his conditioning but finally is on the ice with the team, getting his timing and skating back to where he was, Desjardins (Canucks Head Coach) said after an excellent camp, is now fighting for a wing position with the big club. My hopes are that he is back with the London Knights and creates the PP line of which you allude too, playing with two of the highest character prospects in Domi & Horvat, McCarron being another from the 2013 Entry Draft can only spell Memorial Cup for London once again.

This with Scherbak in Everett and Lernout in Swift Current both being possible's making the WHL Finals, while Baie Comeau's Gregoire is injured but hopefully makes it back to give the fans three teams with possibilities of being in the hunt for the Memorial Tournament. Speaks too the quality of the Habs prospects and the team's for which each are playing, being huge in their teams fortunes.:nod:

Another key too the trio of Domi, Horvat & McCarron is each are capable of playing each other's role, transitioning from wing to center equally covering for each other when checking or attacking.A talent in itself, one not every player has the ability to accomplish successfully.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Good to see Big Mac start off his season with a strong performance. I expect him to be much better this season.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Mac looked great in camp, in the game against the Bruins I actually though he was the best prospect on the ice up until his injury. Had 2 great shifts right before. Glad he is doing well and I hope he has plenty of responsibilities down there this year

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
McCarron seems to be putting it together.

Lehkonen is killing it right now at Frolunda. If he can just stay healthy...

I'm going to watch Lehkonen in Tampere in early November for the first round of the CHL playoffs. It should be interesting to watch.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Getting injured in the Canucks pre-season hasn't made things easy for Horvat, but like Bergevin & Timmins both related about Horvat he's a character type player (Hard working passionate to be an NHLer). Horvat has slipped in his conditioning but finally is on the ice with the team, getting his timing and skating back to where he was, Desjardins (Canucks Head Coach) said after an excellent camp, is now fighting for a wing position with the big club. My hopes are that he is back with the London Knights and creates the PP line of which you allude too, playing with two of the highest character prospects in Domi & Horvat, McCarron being another from the 2013 Entry Draft can only spell Memorial Cup for London once again.

This with Scherbak in Everett and Lernout in Swift Current both being possible's making the WHL Finals, while Baie Comeau's Gregoire is injured but hopefully makes it back to give the fans three teams with possibilities of being in the hunt for the Memorial Tournament. Speaks too the quality of the Habs prospects and the team's for which each are playing, being huge in their teams fortunes.:nod:

Another key too the trio of Domi, Horvat & McCarron is each are capable of playing each other's role, transitioning from wing to center equally covering for each other when checking or attacking.A talent in itself, one not every player has the ability to accomplish successfully.

Baie Comeau aren't in the mix or favourites in the Q this year...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Baie Comeau aren't in the mix or favourites in the Q this year...

Losing Bouchard Asst. Coach certainly won't help the Drakkars hopes along with Gregoire missing 6-8 weeks, still a long season though, stranger things have happened in junior hockey on many occasions.:nod: Can anyone shine some light on Svechnikov's play lately, is he playing injured?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

First off I like the passion and ur always optimistic view.
Yes horvat is passionate about being in the show and very driven. Not sure he'd have that same level if returned based on last year's showing.
In no way are the Knights close to a memorial cup team even if both Zadarov and Horvat were returned. And not enough assets to add to fill needs. Just too many holes. Young G, young D , young Fs. Over 15 1st n 2 nd year guys.
London should look to be sellers but we'll see. 9000 people provides a good PO gate, if even only for a round or two.

I'm not sure if the 3 1st rd Fs would all play together in any case. They might, but with Marner n Dvorak (solid sophomore) there's lots of potential combos.
Bo n McC would be my top 2 C in the case Bos back. Although McC did play the wing last night.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
That hit was beautiful, seems like he's really gotten stronger, I thought he lacked balance when throwing hits last year, I guess it was his conditionning, most times I watched him he was falling all over the place, he was dissapointing honestly and I did mention I wasn't impressed with him. This year however he looks like he's put on a lot of raw power and that should help him a lot in redeeming himself. He should do a lot better this year, a big guy like him will never look good if he's not in good shape, if he his however look out cause he can really do some damage.

His game against the B's this preseason really changed my opinion on him, when I saw him overpower NHLers it clicked, this guy could be something special in the future, something we've been lacking for so long.

Pretty nice finish too, nothing to be too excited about but he was really quick to elevate that rebound up over the goalie.

I could see a De la Rose - Eller - Mccarron line in the future, could really make for a perfect 3rd line that's made for the playoffs. Physically dominant shutdown line that could wear out most 1st lines in the league. Speed size and strength isn't a bad mix right.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Ok slightly off topic but does any one know if/when individual tickets will be sold for the World Jrs? We'll be in Mtl visiting la famille for Xmas so I wanted to go to at least one game - either Can/Slovakia or Can/Germany. I went to the Hockey Canada site and it looks like right now at least you have to buy a multi-game package.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
Ok slightly off topic but does any one know if/when individual tickets will be sold for the World Jrs? We'll be in Mtl visiting la famille for Xmas so I wanted to go to at least one game - either Can/Slovakia or Can/Germany. I went to the Hockey Canada site and it looks like right now at least you have to buy a multi-game package.

They say "Closer to the start of the event", I guess that's not before December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad