2014-2015 Champions Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Let me put it this way, if there's a chance that Jokerit might get to play against HIFK, that would mean an automatic sold out arena. It would be beneficial for the clubs. Some times the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

Obviously management at Jokerit thought differently, or they wouldn't have joined the KHL. The CHL will hold little lure for teams like Jokerit, who are vastly better than nearly all the teams in the CHL. Why step backwards?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Obviously management at Jokerit thought differently, or they wouldn't have joined the KHL. The CHL will hold little lure for teams like Jokerit, who are vastly better than nearly all the teams in the CHL. Why step backwards?

Owner sold the arena and 49% of the club because he was in danger of getting into financial trouble. He wouldn't do it right now i he had the choice (too much political and other issues in the past year). He would have wanted Jokerit to take part in last season CHL already but CHL clubs said no. Should they change theri stance and KHL allow clubs to participate, he'd want Jokerit there in a heartbeat because they need the extra income.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Let me put it this way, if there's a chance that Jokerit might get to play against HIFK, that would mean an automatic sold out arena. It would be beneficial for the clubs. Some times the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

The possibility of such match-up occurring is very low and a normal regular season game between Jokerit and CSKA/SKA/Dynamo would likely be sold-out as well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The possibility of such match-up occurring is very low and a normal regular season game between Jokerit and CSKA/SKA/Dynamo would likely be sold-out as well.

Only SKA sold out last season. Besides, who cares? We're talkign about EXTRA income here, how are regular season games related to CHL games?

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Only SKA sold out last season. Besides, who cares? We're talkign about EXTRA income here, how are regular season games related to CHL games?

The other matches also had an attendance of 13k+ so they could just add a couple of additional matches in the schedule if they wanted to.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The other matches also had an attendance of 13k+ so they could just add a couple of additional matches in the schedule if they wanted to.

But those would be budgeted matches. They wouldn't be extra income. Besides, we already know, that adding more regular season games doesn't increase attendances in Finland/Europe.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
But those would be budgeted matches. They wouldn't be extra income. Besides, we already know, that adding more regular season games doesn't increase attendances in Finland/Europe.

What percentage of the "extra income" would Jokerit be required to pay the KHL? If these matches took place after the regular season ended, would Jokerit be required to execute a supplemental contract with each of the players to resolve the issue of compensation? If the St. Louis Blues decided that they wanted to generate "extra revenue" by carrying out a summer junket in China, could they do it without permission from Gary Bettman? What percentage of the profits would the NHL be entitled to? What about the NHL Players Association? What percentage of the extra revenue would be required to go to player pensions? In the end, what percentage of the extra revenue could Jokerit reserve for themselves?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What percentage of the "extra income" would Jokerit be required to pay the KHL? If these matches took place after the regular season ended, would Jokerit be required to execute a supplemental contract with each of the players to resolve the issue of compensation? If the St. Louis Blues decided that they wanted to generate "extra revenue" by carrying out a summer junket in China, could they do it without permission from Gary Bettman? What percentage of the profits would the NHL be entitled to? What about the NHL Players Association? What percentage of the extra revenue would be required to go to player pensions? In the end, what percentage of the extra revenue could Jokerit reserve for themselves?

Have you not paid any attention to how this competition is run? Or have been run in the past?

In Finland the Finnish PA and Liiga clubs agreed on an attachement to the CBA involves CHL games: http://liiga.fi/uutiset/2014/08/20/pelaajayhdistys-ja-liiga-yhteisymmarryksessa-chl-kauteen

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Who here would be happy with NHL and/or KHL participation in the CHL? Even if the NHL teams sent a mix of their NHL and AHL players? I would love to see it because I think it would be awesome to see my favourite team play against teams from around the world! I think it would also be good to increase North American fans awareness of European hockey.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Who here would be happy with NHL and/or KHL participation in the CHL? Even if the NHL teams sent a mix of their NHL and AHL players? I would love to see it because I think it would be awesome to see my favourite team play against teams from around the world! I think it would also be good to increase North American fans awareness of European hockey.

Not realistic nor practical in any way. A pre-season tournament with an NHL team and the CHL winner might be a better option.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Not realistic nor practical in any way. A pre-season tournament with an NHL team and the CHL winner might be a better option.

They did it twice in the previous CHL/ECC system.

Rangers played against Magnitogorsk in 2008 and ZSC against Blackhawks in 2009. Both NHL teams were involved in European NHL Premieres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad