2014-2015 Champions Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Those all look somehow weird.

I wonder how much Warrior is paying them for using their jerseys, because it is awful that you have to change your whole jersey for one tournament.

I'm sure they could cover those sponsor money with someone else

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I wonder how much Warrior is paying them for using their jerseys, because it is awful that you have to change your whole jersey for one tournament.

I'm sure they could cover those sponsor money with someone else

Yeah, I agree. The regular jersey looks far nicer.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Yeah, I agree. The regular jersey looks far nicer.

I actually visited Espoo during my Jokerit playoff visit and I almost bought myself a Blues jersey but €80 was far too expensive, even though it looked really nice. Got myself a T-shirt though!

To keep it on topic: Did Blues get a B-license this year? If I remember correctly, they were not one of the co-founders and did not play last season.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I actually visited Espoo during my Jokerit playoff visit and I almost bought myself a Blues jersey but €80 was far too expensive, even though it looked really nice. Got myself a T-shirt though!

To keep it on topic: Did Blues get a B-license this year? If I remember correctly, they were not one of the co-founders and did not play last season.

So did you attend a Blues game?

Yes, they got the B-license. It was a bit tricky since five of the quarterfinal teams already had the A-license, including the winner of the regular season. Thus, Blues got the B-license despite being swept in the quarterfinals because they were ranked higher than SaiPa in the regular season.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
So did you attend a Blues game?

Yes, they got the B-license. It was a bit tricky since five of the quarterfinal teams already had the A-license, including the winner of the regular season. Thus, Blues got the B-license despite being swept in the quarterfinals because they were ranked higher than SaiPa in the regular season.

I was going to, but they played the same day and time as Jokerit did. I had some spare time so I took the bus to Espoo and visited the shop in Barona Arena.

I will however try to attend a CHL game this season!

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
So the Top Scorer jerseys are staying. Now they will even pick 500 fans names will be printed on each jersey.

http://www.cramotopscorer.com/

Well, good luck being seen as a serious tournament when you have a **** looking logo, teams can't use their regular jerseys, you have a top scorer jersey and a huge patch on the arm.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So the Top Scorer jerseys are staying. Now they will even pick 500 fans names will be printed on each jersey.

http://www.cramotopscorer.com/

Well, good luck being seen as a serious tournament when you have a **** looking logo, teams can't use their regular jerseys, you have a top scorer jersey and a huge patch on the arm.

Teams had separate jerseys even in the EHL in the 90's. This isn't a new concept.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Teams had separate jerseys even in the EHL in the 90's. This isn't a new concept.
I think it's more about the fact that teams are forced to use jerseys that in some cases look nothing like their originals and removes their identity. The quality is laughable too.

Edit: Like ours last year.
15noqwk.jpg

"Among us players the jerseys got a... uh... mixed reception..."

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
There are better ways to promote a sponsor than a big fat red patch on every jersey.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
How can this call itself Champions League when there are 8 (out of 14) SHL teams, 6 (out of 12) NLA teams and 7 (out of 14) Liiga teams? More like, "Make the Playoffs and You're In League".

I like the concept, but there are so many problems.

1. Too many teams. 48 is overkill. I understand why you would have more SHL teams than French teams, but you can't put more than half the league in. Imagine if 10 EPL teams made the UCL.

2. No KHL participation. The best European league isn't involved. That would cut down on travel, but it would the tournament better. I understand that this is the KHL's decision, so I can't fault the CHL.

3. Ridiculous jerseys. Why do they have to totally redesign every team's jerseys? I understand Warrior is the main sponsor, but they could just make the same basic design and stamp their logo on them. Instead they have to go and re-invent the wheel. The results are a disaster and it really makes the tournament seem more gimmicky than it is.

4. Top Scorer uniform. They are so dumb, I just don't have words. If I watch a game streamed with no announcers, or just the highlights and do not know who their top scorer is, I have no clue who the player in the absurd uniform is because he doesn't have a number nor a name on his jersey. I had this twitter exchange with them. https://twitter.com/championshockey/status/596305695269593089

SCBdude

SC Bern 1931
Sep 20, 2012
Eisstadion Allmend
Meh. Wanted to play somewhere closer to Switzerland so I could catch an away game.
Not an easy group at all with HIFK and Linköping.
Plus Bern has never done well in European competition, no matter if it's CHL or ET.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
The problem with the system of three teams in each group is that for teams like Frölunda/JYP, Växjö/Ingolstadt, Zürich/Eisbären, the group stage means very little. The difference between the teams in 1-2 spots in most groups is so small that it doesn't matter if you're 1st or 2nd seed in your group, making the four group stage games completely meaningless.

I really like the tournament though, as previous poster has said, some more exclusive selection of teams would improve the status, say only 4 Swedish and Finnish teams would make it, and the French/British/Italian teams would go through some kind of qualification for fewer spots. Could obviously not crown the real champion of Europe without KHL, but the Europa League in soccer still works, or the World Championships in hockey.

holyprime

Oct 5, 2010
How can this call itself Champions League when there are 8 (out of 14) SHL teams, 6 (out of 12) NLA teams and 7 (out of 14) Liiga teams? More like, "Make the Playoffs and You're In League".
It's worse, some teams didn't even make their national playoffs, Fribourg for instance.

They just seem to desperately copy the Champions League, but forget that it grew over a long time (as an actual champions league) and is the by far most popular sport in the world (with europe hosting the biggest leagues and best players).

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Baumann said to russian media that CHL is prepared to offer 5-6 spots to KHL. Ternbom does not know why KHL clubs dont play CHL. He does not know where the problem is - maybe Jokerit? he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad