Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk 3: We Decompose

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
This is very good for Winnipeg... Armia is their Nuke(well, sort of), Myers obviously and the rest for Kane who's been more than replaceable.. The Central is getting tougher and tougher..

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It's Barnaby. How reliable is the guy for rumors? I've never really seen him get involved.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Deal is official

Evander Kane and Zach Bogosian to Buffalo, Tyler Myers to Winnipeg...along with a bunch of other parts.

Myers and Stafford are huge pick ups.

1st rounder, Armia and Lemieux are good for Winnipeg's future.

They landed a king's ransom.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I like Myers but I'm hoping he completely ***** the bed in Winnipeg. Also please get the Enroth done soon. I don't want to go another day with Lindback as our backup.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Well here's a recent article about Enroth getting hot ... after the Dallas game.

Like fellow pending unrestricted free agent Chris Stewart, who tied a career high with three assists, Enroth is getting hot when scouts are working their hardest. During his last three starts, Enroth has stopped 97 of 103 shots for a .942 save percentage. The Sabres are 2-1 after losing 14 in a row.

“We owe a lot to Jhonas,” Sabres right wing Tyler Ennis said. “He’s played great. He’s been great all year.”

Any playoff contenders interested in a goalie will like that Enroth stands up to a heavy workload. He’s made at least 30 saves in eight of his 13 victories. He’s also stopped 30 or more shots in 12 of his 22 setbacks.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Myers and Stafford are huge pick ups.

1st rounder, Armia and Lemieux are good for Winnipeg's future.

They landed a king's ransom.

Stafford has greatly underachieved in Buffalo. I don't consider him a huge part of the deal.

What a deal though! Opens up the gates for more deals now, maybe?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
On the face of things it looks like Winnipeg made a hell of a trade. I don't know how to judge value between Myers and Bogosian, but all of those other parts from Buffalo to balance out with Kane is a pretty big coup.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they do trade one of their goalies for a lesser goalie who will lose them more games.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
For Buffalo as opposed to who?

I think he means it will start the Western Conference arms race. Winnipeg just replaced Kane who was already lost for the season. It usually takes a big trade to shake things loose.

If Dallas makes a move for Enroth ... that will just further get Western teams antsy.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I think he means it will start the Western Conference arms race. Winnipeg just replaced Kane who was already lost for the season. It usually takes a big trade to shake things loose.

If Dallas makes a move for Enroth ... that will just further get Western teams antsy.

Eh, I should have quoted only the relevant part. He said Stafford has greatly underachieved in Buffalo, which is kind of a weird thing to say when a guy has only played in that city in his entire decade long career. It isn't like he was better somewhere else and then played poorly after getting to Buffalo.

I agree about the domino effect though. I'm wondering if Bogosian is actually in Buffalo's plans or if they see him as a piece to swap for futures.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance

Sabres retaining half the salary on Drew Stafford in this deal too.

This is significant. It will allow them to pursue additional players for the playoff push. They wanted a Top 6/9 forward before Kane-gate went down. Dumping Kane's larger salary and only having to take half of Staffords was another icing on the cake move by the GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA