Speculation: 2014-15 Stars Trade Talk 3: We Decompose

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I could see Oleksiak going in a deal somewhere.
But we'd need to move a little cap space for that deal...not much wiggle room there...but I could be wrong.

They'd need to move a bit more $$$.

I think Jokipakka is the odd man out personally. He's steady and consistent. I just don't think they move a guy with Oleksiak's potential at this point.

I actually assume Jokipakka would be part of the package for Phaneuf if that happened. Him plus some other assets obviously.

Give you a potential LD of Phaneuf, Nemeth, and Oleksiak. Future RD of Klingberg, Honka, and Demers. Daley could fill in until Honka was ready to go.

Lindell/Bystrom could eventually make someone else expendable or they could become really good trade chips.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
For Enroth alone, I'd send Lindback and 4th.

There is zero incentive for Buffalo to make that trade today, and there's no reason for Dallas to wait on this trade.

If the acquire Enroth, they'll be paying fair market for a goalie which has been higher than a 4th round pick. As pointed out, Dubnyk as a back up brought a 3rd round pick. Lindback has zero value.

Buffalo would be dumb to not wait until the deadline to try and get a 3rd at least from someone.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I actually like that deal alot more for Buffalo than I do for Winnipeg. That probably comes from me thinking Tyler Myers is a trash defenceman though who belongs on the worst team in the league. I guess if you're really high on him I could see you thinking this was some great steal for Buffalo.

People really over-rate prospects and picks in these trades though. I honestly see Winnipeg downgrading at two positions in this trade (Kane -> Stafford, Bogosian -> Myers) in exchange for some lottery scratch tickets that Buffalo wasn't that high on anyway. Winnipeg is a good drafting team however, and they should make decent use of that 1st round pick.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
There is zero incentive for Buffalo to make that trade today, and there's no reason for Dallas to wait on this trade.

If the acquire Enroth, they'll be paying fair market for a goalie which has been higher than a 4th round pick. As pointed out, Dubnyk as a back up brought a 3rd round pick. Lindback has zero value.

Buffalo would be dumb to not wait until the deadline to try and get a 3rd at least from someone.

This is usually why I don't throw out trade proposals. I suck at em.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
“Dallasman has reached out to MB94 and Stars99Lobo37 to apologize for the Hockey's Future Forum comment that he was a part of today. The Dallas Stars HF Forum has the utmost respect for the contributions that the two have made to both the forum and to their community over the course of their great careers. We will not be commenting on the situation further.”

NukeJukes43

“Dallasman has reached out to MB94 and Stars99Lobo37 to apologize for the Hockey's Future Forum comment that he was a part of today. The Dallas Stars HF Forum has the utmost respect for the contributions that the two have made to both the forum and to their community over the course of their great careers. We will not be commenting on the situation further.â€

Lol I laughed way too loud at this in my office and now everyone know I'm not working.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
“Dallasman has reached out to MB94 and Stars99Lobo37 to apologize for the Hockey's Future Forum comment that he was a part of today. The Dallas Stars HF Forum has the utmost respect for the contributions that the two have made to both the forum and to their community over the course of their great careers. We will not be commenting on the situation further.â€

:biglaugh:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
FYI ... sending Ritchie down gives Dallas an extra $288K of cap space .... approximately.

That would give Dallas about $3.532 million in cap space I believe.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Enroth is just what this team needs (among other things). But the Sabres would want more in return than just spare parts and rentals. If we're sending Lindback, which seems logical, they would want a B-level prospect or 2nd round draft pick to go along as the main piece, me figures.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
You know ... I really hate the way NHL Numbers does this. LTIR space can't be accumulated. The way they are calculating it, I don't think that is being taken into account.

The way LTIR actually works is a dollar for dollar daily rate substitution. Dallas has been over the $69 million cap for a while so technically their cap space should be $0.

Technically, the Ritchie move pulls them out of the red, but in the next 19 days what they build up will mostly be negligible.

I think you'd be safe to say that Dallas could add up to a $3.25 million cap hit NOT prorated.

HOWEVER the bonus cushion does come into play. Bonus money should be able to be prorated. Other players have bonus money, but the only significant bonus is Nuke's at $1.2 million. He won't get it. It's impossible. He'd need to score 20 goals and 60 points in a month.

You could prorate that today to about $3.72 million or at the deadline for about $5.44 million.

Theoretically, you could add Enroth ($1.25) and Phaneuf ($7) with no issue whatsoever. Even without trading Horcoff I believe. You'd have no bonus overage for next year either.

Personally ... I'd force them to take Moen if you took Phaneuf. That'll leave you even more space.

Long story short ... I think Dallas can add about $7 to $8.7 million between right now and the deadline depending on what day the trade happened.

You could trade for both players today if Schlemko went to TOR FWIW. Phaneuf is about a week away from playing though.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Enroth is just what this team needs (among other things). But the Sabres would want more in return than just spare parts and rentals. If we're sending Lindback, which seems logical, they would want a B-level prospect or 2nd round draft pick to go along as the main piece, me figures.

Then they should expect to not trade him.

Viktor Fasth rec'd a 3rd + 5th last deadline, and he had 1 year remaining on his contract. Enroth is an UFA.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Made the mistake of going to stalk the Sabres forum to see what they had to say about the Enroth to Dallas rumor, first trade scenario I saw involved Honka......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese