Proposal: 2014/15 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals vol. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Turris was brought in as a 21 or 22 year old who had great underlying numbers

Stewart is a 27 year old who's mostly gotten worse over the last 4 years

I'm not 100% opposed to getting him but the two situations aren't what I'd call comparable

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
same people who don't want stewart probably didnt want Hemsky

some players just fit with certain teams and not with others

Hodgeson has 3 pts on Buffalo but i would instantly take him on our team

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think we will get Stewart without losing one of Hoff/Stone. Thats why I don't want stewart if we can get him for Condra and a Second why not?, helps the rebuild and gives Buff some defensive stability.

I doubt that Murray would give up Stone or Hoffman to get Stewart. I think he might give up Greening and Condra, or Wiercioch to try to improve the forwards and shake up the team. I would not trade Wiercioch for him as I think he is more valuable than Stewart.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Give Lazar Neil's A

How does that even make sense to you?

You strip the A from on of our few leaders to give it to a 19 yo who shouldn't be here more than Pageau.

If anyone should get an A give it to Ryan, Macarthur, Turris. Give an A to Lazar and see how our vets react to that

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Hodgson would be one of the worst skaters on our team.....and that's saying a lot. The guy has stumpy legs and has trouble against any team with decent speed. And he is horribad defensively.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Why would either team do this? Buffalo gets a worse return, and Ottawa needs to shed a contract.

Helps the tank in tanknation and gives them a veteran who even though he sucks, is a good boy and works hard on and off the ice.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Helps the tank in tanknation and gives them a veteran who even though he sucks, is a good boy and works hard on and off the ice.

You're not talking about Stewart here, are you?

Whoo boy. No.

*edit*
Wait, were you talking about Greening? If you were talking about Greening, disregard the above part of this post.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
How does that even make sense to you?

You strip the A from on of our few leaders to give it to a 19 yo who shouldn't be here more than Pageau.

If anyone should get an A give it to Ryan, Macarthur, Turris. Give an A to Lazar and see how our vets react to that

Sorry, should have inserted the "tongue in cheek" emoticon [mod]. Didn't see it off to the side there. In case you missed it I was responding to a poster that suggested giving Lazar an A which was in response to a post stating that the team needed a new leadership group. But hey! If Neil and Phillips do it for you then yipee, you won't be disappointed. And keep believe'n the hype on Pageau [insert eye roll emoticon here]

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

I thought Hemsky proved it was a fluke and he was just feeding secondary assists off spezza and a hot goal scoring michalek. His time in dallas certainly must make you question his ability

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I thought Hemsky proved it was a fluke and he was just feeding secondary assists off spezza and a hot goal scoring michalek. His time in dallas certainly must make you question his ability

That's not how I remember. Hemsky and Spezza had instant chemistry and were playing well together. It was Michalek who was just there for the ride. Getting tap ins after good work from H and S.

Edit: Also I wanted Hemsky back and not Michalek, and I want nothing to do with Stewart nor Hodgson.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
You're not talking about Stewart here, are you?

Whoo boy. No.

*edit*
Wait, were you talking about Greening? If you were talking about Greening, disregard the above part of this post.

he is talking about greening but i think any team would take a ufa stewart over greening right now.....like its not even close

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Kinda looks like Hemsky was playing for a contract.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hemsky is one of the most skilled players in the league who had a recent history of playing PPG with one of the worst teams when we got him.

In no way is his situation the same as Stewart.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hemsky is one of the most skilled players in the league who had a recent history of playing PPG with one of the worst teams when we got him.

In no way is his situation the same as Stewart.

Hemsky was never a ppg and his goal scoring numbers were always meh. Seems like the king of secondary assists to me:P

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hemsky was a point producing machine with zero support.

500 points in 700 games while spending most of his career in the ****.

how many were secondary assists :sarcasm: Pay for goal scorers or play making centers that can score 20. Dont pay for sub 20 goal scoring play making wingers

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham
On trading Sabres RW Chris Stewart, @TSNBobMcKenzie says GM Tim Murray's "prices are too high" and "he needs to get realistic."

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lol i unno if you're being serious or not but the offense ran through him.

half serious. He benefited from a fully healthy Spezza and a hot michalek. Its not a coincidence that Spezza's production continues but Hemsky has fallen off a cliff. I'm saying this as a Hemsky fantasy owner. I think Hensky's influence was greatly exaggerated.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I bet Gryba gets dealt. He would have higher value than most of our available pieces (more than Wiercioch to a lot of teams, imo) but he doesnt really have significant upside beyond where he currently is (again, imo). I think a few teams would really love to have him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
half serious. He benefited from a fully healthy Spezza and a hot michalek. Its not a coincidence that Spezza's production continues but Hemsky has fallen off a cliff. I'm saying this as a Hemsky fantasy owner. I think Hensky's influence was greatly exaggerated.

Naw, if you look at correlation, Spezza benefited just as much from Hemsky. What's your excuse for his other 483 points in last 680 games?

Also Spezza was anything from fully healthy, lol.

Hemsky's influence was superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad