Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Where's Stewart gonna play tho?

3rd line? Lol, no thanks.

Give me a heart and soul top 6 like Perron, a top 3 offensive player or top pairing defender.

Everything else is negligible.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada

Give me a heart and soul top 6 like Perron, a top 3 offensive player or top pairing defender.

Don't want Stewart but don't want Perron either, we don't need him. He wears white skates and he's a tool off the ice (I know for a fact)

EDIT: We need some movement though, still not sure what yet. Evander Kane type or a partner for Karlsson, Edler.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Top-3 offensive player and top pairing defender isn't happening dude.

Those cost a lot.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
You think Perron is a heart and soul player?

Oh. Boy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
WAY more than Stewart... so it's relative.

Perron is a good player who will cost more then Stewart

But he isn't a heart and soul player. He is similar to Macarthur in that he will Completely disappear for stretches

I wouldn't mind either on this team though we need more skill

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Perron is a good player who will cost more then Stewart

But he isn't a heart and soul player. He is similar to Macarthur in that he will Completely disappear for stretches

I wouldn't mind either on this team though we need more skill

Huh?

If you mean he's streaky, sure, but he's contributing whether he scores or not imo. And if Perron is another MacArthur, sign me up.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Huh?

If you mean he's streaky, sure, but he's contributing whether he scores or not imo. And if Perron is another MacArthur, sign me up.

i clearly meant he is streaky like macarthur

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Perron is a known diver, no thanks

We could use more power plays... might not be that bad of a thing, they can't call them all, and they usually call the hook and the dive, so whatever.

Edit: for what it's worth, I've been told Bobby Ryan is a known diver too.

Gov Jesse "the body" Ventura said:
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Anybody not scoring a pt per game is streaky. The more streaky players we have, the more likely one of them is on a streak.

ya but a heart and soul player goes hard all the time and is always doing something

I think Lazar can be that kind of guy but Perron is definitely not that and I don't consider MacArthur that either a player you notice even when they aren't scoring

I agree we can use Perron but i wouldn't classify him like that

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
ya but a heart and soul player goes hard all the time and is always doing something

I think Lazar can be that kind of guy but Perron is definitely not that and I don't consider MacArthur that either a player you notice even when they aren't scoring

I guess we'll have to disagree. I find MacArthur to always be putting in an honest effort, and is alway solid defensively.

Perron may or may not be that, I haven't really watched him much since he left StL, but I always liked how he played before going over to Edm.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

So do you think Stewart is a heart and soul guy?

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Neither Stewart nor Perron bring anything of value to the Sens. Why give up any assets at all to obtain either? Deal whatever excess personnel for picks, call up a few of the young guys and let's see what happens. This talk of making the playoffs is misplaced and solely for the benefit of the players (ego stroking at it's finest).

Hoffman - Zib - Ryan
Mac - Turris - Stone
Puempel - Lazar - Chiasson
Greening - Grant - Condra/Neil

Bye-bye Michalek, Legwand, Smith

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Philips - Gryba
Boro

Bye-bye Wiercioch

And I'd be happy with whatever pick another team saw fit to give up for any of those guys - Murray has bundled picks to move up in the past, so every pick is ultimately an asset however it gets used. If another team wants to make an offer for Methot that also includes guys on the bye-bye list then I would be inclined to say "see ya #3!". Bring up Claeson or Wideman and dress them as a 7th and sit Greening and Condra/Grant/Neil - cycle another forward through that 4th line duo.

What really need to happen though is Richardson needs to play Wideman on the left side from here out because he won't be any better than 3rd pairing playing on the right side - so teach how to play out of position now!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
does this team ever need a new leadership group. wow.
just listening to chris phillips I want to pull my hair out. never mind watching him play.. or try to play.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Perron tries very hard every time he's out there one way or another. I love the way he plays. With real authority. The MacArthur comparison is bang on but Perron better scorer and better impact player infront of the net.

That's the second best type of player we need aside from a top liner.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Perron will help carry the puck into the offensive zone but he will also be invisible for stretches

he certainly gives us good depth with good scoring ability on the wing which we need

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
I think the coach change delays a trade from happening the goal now would be, see who fits in with camerons system and revaluate from there. You never know who can flourish and who degrades from a coach change. Doubt there will trade until deadline.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's hard to say without knowing what other offers are on the table, but in the proper context Perron for Methot is a win.

Ottawa isn't down and out yet, but they are on the ropes. Odds are, they are not a playoff team. If Methot isn't being extended due to the risk of doing so, there's not much incentive to keep him throughout the season. Ottawa are sellers, not buyers.

I haven't seen a lot of Perron, so I can't say with any proper context. But at least statistically, he fits in at the top of the Senators depth chart. He still has a year left on his deal after this season, so he can be tried out, and if it doesn't work, he can still be dealt for assets.

It all comes down to what other teams are offering for Methot. But what it looks like is that Ottawa would be dealing 2/3rds of a season of Methot (who I assume they aren't extending) for 1 and 2/3rds of a season (plus a possible extension) of Perron.

It probably doesn't make the team better in the short term, but it's good asset management.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
If Methot is being moved there are better players than Perron to come back, or better assets in the form of picks/prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad