HSF

Sep 3, 2008
perron is better then a pick or prospect we are trying to make the playoffs

also I doubt we can get perron for a UFA methot alone

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I'm actually pretty surprised a trade for Stewart did not go down today. I figured BM would pull the trigger today in order to give him a practice day tomorrow before playing on Thurs. TM must be sticking with insisting on Stone again.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm actually pretty surprised a trade for Stewart did not go down today. I figured BM would pull the trigger today in order to give him a practice day tomorrow before playing on Thurs. TM must be sticking with insisting on Stone again.

I maintain my position that the only condition I want Stewart on this team on is in sending Greening the other way.

Otherwise - no interest.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
The guy is getting his equipment delivered to his locker by shopping cart and avoiding everyone on the team. Playing like absolute garbage when he's in the lineup. What do you give to get rid of that at this point?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The guy is getting his equipment delivered to his locker by shopping cart and avoiding everyone on the team. Playing like absolute garbage when he's in the lineup. What do you give to get rid of that at this point?

I will begrudgingly take that Islanders pick they have, if that's what you're asking. :sarcasm:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don't think we will get Stewart without losing one of Hoff/Stone. Thats why I don't want stewart if we can get him for Condra and a Second why not?, helps the rebuild and gives Buff some defensive stability.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
It is. And I'll take it.

Of course it won't happen that way. If he comes, I really hope it's for a song because he's done nothing but murder his value so far.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't think we will get Stewart without losing one of Hoff/Stone. Thats why I don't want stewart if we can get him for Condra and a Second why not?, helps the rebuild and gives Buff some defensive stability.

I wouldn't trade David Condra and a 2nd scoop of ice cream for Stewart, let alone Erik Condra and a 2nd round draft pick.

A SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK! IN THIS DRAFT?!? Jesus, talk about throwing assets out the window.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The trouble is that there is nothing really forcing TM to make a move now, while the Sens are kind of desperate to a) move out a contract, and b) show everyone that they are serious about competing this year (sigh).

I hope I am wrong, but I can completely see a scenario where the Sens overpay for Stewart.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
why would buff take greening for stewart...they get a worse player with a worse contract

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
If we're talking Buffalo Id really like Gorges. Knows how to play in his own zone and he's used to being paired with a gunslinger.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The trouble is that there is nothing really forcing TM to make a move now, while the Sens are kind of desperate to a) move out a contract, and b) show everyone that they are serious about competing this year (sigh).

I hope I am wrong, but I can completely see a scenario where the Sens overpay for Stewart.

why would the sens be desperate? i think firing the coach already is a big message

If sens were desperate for stewart he would already be a sen

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I would not trade a second for Stewart. That's crazy talk.
I would not trade Condra for Stewart. That's silly.
I would not trade Greening for Stewart. Because why bother? Stewart is looking like he's done and showing he's a pain in the ass. Greening is a marginal NHLer right now, and too expensive, but he's a good guy.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Acquiring Stewart would be the ****ing stupidest move.

No way is Murray that stupid. I REFUSE to believe it.

I think he's just doing this to get everyone's attention away from someone else he's targetting like KANE OR PAVESLKI YEAY! I wish.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

.....seriously?

No way in hell I would give any assets for that kind of headache.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Acquiring Stewart would be the ****ing stupidest move.

No way is Murray that stupid. I REFUSE to believe it.

I think he's just doing this to get everyone's attention away from someone else he's targetting like KANE OR PAVESLKI YEAY! I wish.

I refuse to believe Garrioch has any clue what he's talking about. Has this guy ever broken news or had an inside scoop about anything significant?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
why would buff take greening for stewart...they get a worse player with a worse contract

Because ideally you don't want either of them, but Stewart's contract is up at the end of the season, while Greenings still has two more years left after this one.

Greening-for-Stewart is a get-out-of-jail-free card on Greening's contract. That is Stewart's ONLY value.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Because ideally you don't want either of them, but Stewart's contract is up at the end of the season, while Greenings still has two more years left after this one.

Greening-for-Stewart is a get-out-of-jail-free card on Greening's contract. That is Stewart's ONLY value.

This is the only reason I'd do the trade too.

Then bench Stewart.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Jebus.....Hitchcock must've neutered this guy before he left St. Louis.

Only way I'd take that guy in a trade is if we give Buffalo a 7th rounder, and they give us Stewart + one of their first rounders in 2015. And then I'd promptly ban the guy from getting within 500 meters of the arena. Wouldn't let that kind of poison anywhere near the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad