Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Heatley on waivers.

I think you know what to do, Bryan.

I really hope Edmonton picks him up for the ***** and giggles.

Derek Roy at $1mil I imagine will get claimed by a team dealing with injuries, or an Oilers-esque team who is shallow up the middle. You know, like the Oilers.

I can't believe Edmonton didn't pick him up (or any other team) for that matter. Guess he has hit rock bottom.

I'd put a claim in on MPS. Waive Greening and see if he can develop a little for us.

I would be in on this as well, can't be any worse.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
I definitely feel like Murray is going to put a claim in for Pääjärvi, it would only cost around $800,000 to have him here for the rest of the season and maybe he finds his game.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I honestly don't know why Greening hasn't been waived yet.

The only reason I can think of is that Murray wants to showcase him, but honestly there isn't much to showcase. With Smith and Neil injured he still can still be ''useful'' to the team thoo.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Soft group of fas last year. A group of guys about I get money they are nowhere near worth (I understand sometimes you have to over spend) but niskanen ? No thanks. Stralman no room. I only wanted ehrhoff. Don't think he was prepared to come play for another rebuilding team though.

Uh, Niskanen or Stralman is exactly what we need. (well except they could be LHS) We need mobility and puck handling. They may be softer than Gryba, or Phillips or Cowen. But they sure are a lot faster and don't treat the puck like a grenade.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Dallas should go for heatley. I'd pay to watch a Spezza heatley reunite.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Uh, Niskanen or Stralman is exactly what we need. (well except they could be LHS) We need mobility and puck handling. They may be softer than Gryba, or Phillips or Cowen. But they sure are a lot faster and don't treat the puck like a grenade.

I don't agree with that. A guy like Erhoff is a lot more like what we need. We need a good all around top 4D that can play with Karlsson with experience that will be able to take a heavy workload. We need a guy that will let Karlsson play to his full offensive power and that will take most of the defensive responsibilities of the pairing. We need a good skater, a guy that can make a first pass but mostly play real good defense and Niskanen isn't that player. We don't need another offensive defensemen we are already bad enough defensively, we need a good defensive presence who can skate much like Methot was 2 seasons ago.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't agree with that. A guy like Erhoff is a lot more like what we need. We need a good all around top 4D that can play with Karlsson with experience that will be able to take a heavy workload. We need a guy that will let Karlsson play to his full offensive power and that will take most of the defensive responsibilities of the pairing. We need a good skater, a guy that can make a first pass but mostly play real good defense and Niskanen isn't that player. We don't need another offensive defensemen we are already bad enough defensively, we need a good defensive presence who can skate much like Methot was 2 seasons ago.

Well, Stralman is a pretty good 2-way player, a LD, and fits the team both short and long term as he'd only 28. Erhoff at 32 might be good now, but I'd prefer Stralman long term.

Niskanen only doesn't fit because he'd be behind Karlsson and would push Ceci to the 3rd pair.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Well yeah, Ehrhoff was the perfect guy, but I didn't include him since he was only signing with a contender.

Niskanen and Stralman can move the puck. Stralman is better defensively but both would be a great addition. In the perfect world it would be a partner for Karlsson, but I'd take a top 4 D and let Ceci play bottom pairing minutes.

Leddy would have made a world of difference as well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well yeah, Ehrhoff was the perfect guy, but I didn't include him since he was only signing with a contender.

Niskanen and Stralman can move the puck. Stralman is better defensively but both would be a great addition. In the perfect world it would be a partner for Karlsson, but I'd take a top 4 D and let Ceci play bottom pairing minutes.

Leddy would have made a world of difference as well.

I'm still not sure how well Leddy would do playing with a risk taking offensive D like Karlsson. Still better than Phillips no doubt.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm still not sure how well Leddy would do playing with a risk taking offensive D like Karlsson. Still better than Phillips no doubt.

Yeah, I'm not putting Leddy with Karlsson. I'm looking at overall speed and puck movability of the D corps. You put Leddy in the second or third pairing.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I get what you guys are trying to say, but if we are going to get a defensemen we should go for a partner for Karlsson instead of a guy to play on the 2nd or 3rd pair. Stralman would've been a good fit I'm sure. I'd still take Erhoff before just because he's been a more consistent player and has logged some big minutes throughout his career against top lines while Stralman has just started playing more in Tampa , but he's doing just fine no doubt. I'm not a big Niskanen fan. Sekera would be the perfect fit if ever Melnyk is to open his wallet. Marc Staal would be a possibility.

Leddy is good, but again I feel like a `player like Boychuk would be a way better addition to this team. (If he was L)

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I get what you guys are trying to say, but if we are going to get a defensemen we should go for a partner for Karlsson instead of a guy to play on the 2nd or 3rd pair. Stralman would've been a good fit I'm sure. I'd still take Erhoff before just because he's been a more consistent player and has logged some big minutes throughout his career against top lines while Stralman has just started playing more in Tampa , but he's doing just fine no doubt. I'm not a big Niskanen fan. Sekera would be the perfect fit if ever Melnyk is to open his wallet. Marc Staal would be a possibility.

Leddy is good, but again I feel like a `player like Boychuk would be a way better addition to this team. (If he was L)

According to Garrioch the price for Sekera is nosebleed high. While I am sure Melnyk does not want to open his wallet, I also doubt BM would be willing to part with rising young assets to get a deal like that done.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
According to Garrioch the price for Sekera is nosebleed high. While I am sure Melnyk does not want to open his wallet, I also doubt BM would be willing to part with rising young assets to get a deal like that done.

I'd be looking at Sekera only if he hits free agency.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Niskanen is a guy who we are all here complaining about in three years. Stralman is a rd. I like having the d men on their proper sides.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am not willing to give up any assets for Sekara.

I extremely doubt he is going to re-sign with the Sens.

If he is just after money, i doubt the Sens will be able to outbid all the other teams that will try to sign him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'd put a claim in on MPS. Waive Greening and see if he can develop a little for us.

Yeah I would be down. But we need room. I think MPS could carve himself a little career given our style. Get him out of hitchcocks dog house. And he helps our LW depth. And adds speed.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Niskanen is a guy who we are all here complaining about in three years. Stralman is a rd. I like having the d men on their proper sides.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd play Niskanen over half of the D we currently have.

Stralman can play second pairing RD, with Ceci being third. Then we don't have to play Erik for 30 min. a game.

Yeah I would be down. But we need room. I think MPS could carve himself a little career given our style. Get him out of hitchcocks dog house. And he helps our LW depth. And adds speed.

No need for MPS. We already have some dead weight on the LW called Greening. Not sure he's much of an upgrade over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad