Injury Report: 2014-15 Roster Moves, Line Combos, Injury Updates, Rosterbating

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
In general, I agree with the last two posts, but still trust that Ruff will get it about where it needs to be, all things considered. One thing is we were losing, even as well as Klinger played. Since the minutes were cut, we at least won the last game.

All figures in a coaches mind. It was incredible that Klinger was +3 in a 5-2 loss, though.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
In general, I agree with the last two posts, but still trust that Ruff will get it about where it needs to be, all things considered. One thing is we were losing, even as well as Klinger played. Since the minutes were cut, we at least won the last game.

All figures in a coaches mind. It was incredible that Klinger was +3 in a 5-2 loss, though.

It would be incredible to be +3 in a 5-2 loss, but it was a 5-3 loss. Still impressive.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Klingberg doesn't need a bunch of reps of 5 on 4, we can all see he is ok at it already. What he needs is 5 on 5 minutes, so if you are going to cut back on his workload, the powerplay time is the clear choice to go.

I disagree with all of this. There were about 10 games there to begin his career where he was the best defender on the team. Taking a guy who is a clear cut above every other D option on the PP off of it in order to keep him at some magic number of minutes played seems ridiculous to me.

I'm not freaking out yet because this is just a few games but if Ruff completely reverses his use of Klingberg for the rest of the season I will.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Ryan Garbutt to be suspended again.

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety

Dallas forward Ryan Garbutt will have a hearing tomorrow morning for a slew-foot on Winnipeg defenseman Dustin Byfuglien.

The move he pulled on the goalie was just as bad. I'm actually surprised both weren't mentioned as the reason for the meeting.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The official twitter did not say in person hearing so it'll be 5 games or less.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Get off our team, idiot.

Seriously, can they just waive him and hope he gets claimed? I wouldn't care, he is 100% replaceable.

So tired of seeing his stupid ass play.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The worst part about this guy is how defiant he was that he would not alter his game in any way after being suspended. Then he just proves that the idiotic comment was serious. He really couldn't care less about how his actions impact the game or his team.

I was more pissed Ruff just rolled over and kept playing him after benching him for a milder dumb penalty. Whether or not Dallas gets scored on during his boneheaded plays shouldn't impact the decision on if he continues to play that game.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I didn't see what he did but judging by the GDT and other comments I'm assuming he pulled another embarrassing moment for Stars fans out of his ass.

He's a serviceable player but meh. He came out of nowhere and scored 15 or so goals. Doesn't make him anything special and I would be fine burying him in the minors if nobody claimed him. Then again, Ruff might be drinking buddies with his old man so who knows.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Really doubt Ruff is 'drinking buddies' with him especially since he has benched him for full periods/remainder of games numerous times since he began coaching in Dallas.

I think Ruff is sick of it as well. He said earlier this year in an interview that he has been receding from his growth last year due to his terrible antics.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Really doubt Ruff is 'drinking buddies' with him especially since he has benched him for full periods/remainder of games numerous times since he began coaching in Dallas.

I think Ruff is sick of it as well. He said earlier this year in an interview that he has been receding from his growth last year due to his terrible antics.

It's not like his antics give us any energy. I wonder what his teammates think of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not very well liked in the locker room.

He's not likable the way Ott was and Rooster is.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
1 year ago the Edmonton Oilers traded Devan Dubnyk to the Nashville Predators for Matt Hendricks. Hendricks is a similar player ass Garbutt with a similar cap hit, but Garbutt is younger and been a better scorer at the NHL level.

Garbutt's discipline though will be factor if Nill shopped him. That's going to reduce his value somewhat.

Boston is apparently looking to play a heavier game. Traditionally yes that means a bigger player, but I'd say Garbutt is a guy that could play that role for Boston. I don't know they'd be interested in the term though, and consistent scoring is probably more important than another grinder.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003

He's scored some decent goals at big times.

That's what has kept him in Dallas. It's also what would be attractive to other teams. I think he does more harm than good. He's got wheels, grime to his game, and a knack for clutch goals. Did someone say playoffs? Trade deadline? Give us our 2nd rounder back?...I probably went to far with the last one.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Meh. I just wish Ruff and co. can get through to him. He could be one of the most effective 3rd liners in the game if he had his head on straight...

I think management lets him try to figure it out up until the TD. You gotta think there's teams out there that will take him despite his obvious blemishes.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I think management lets him try to figure it out up until the TD. You gotta think there's teams out there that will take him despite his obvious blemishes.

I think under a head coach that doesn't give him as long of a leash he could be fine.

I really think we are gonna be BIG TIME sellers at the deadline. Horcoff, eakin, Garbutt, Daley, Goligoski, Moen, Cole, and fiddler(hopefully not) are all guys that could be attractive to a playoff team. It'll be exciting. When is the deadline???

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He's scored some decent goals at big times. I like him.

He also took one of the worst penalties I've seen in Game 1 that directly lead to the game winning goal in a 4-3 game, and he set the tone for a blowout loss in Game 5 with his selfish spear of Perry and the 5 minute major.

One good goal in that series doesn't make up for essentially costing them 2 games.

He's only gotten worse since that series as well. I doubt anyone could make a reasonable argument that the good outweighs the bad with this player anymore.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Jesus people just because he's actually shows some spark, you are turning your back on him.. Look at Roussel for example; he's been quiet as **** this season and it most certainly has shown in our performances as a whole. Garbutt at times looks lost but that's because he's only trying to help the team and doesn't get any help from the guy on the side of the rink. OK the tripping of Hutchinsons was pretty dumb and uncesessary but to me he made up for it the very next shift.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
He also took one of the worst penalties I've seen in Game 1 that directly lead to the game winning goal in a 4-3 game, and he set the tone for a blowout loss in Game 5 with his selfish spear of Perry and the 5 minute major.

One good goal in that series doesn't make up for essentially costing them 2 games.

He's only gotten worse since that series as well. I doubt anyone could make a reasonable argument that the good outweighs the bad with this player anymore.

I can't remember a player for us that has taken as many untimely, unnecessary penalties.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Meh. I just wish Ruff and co. can get through to him. He could be one of the most effective 3rd liners in the game if he had his head on straight...
He's 29 years old. He's not some young hothead who needs to grow up. He is who he is. Expecting the leopard to change its spots is a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad