Injury Report: 2014-15 Roster Moves, Line Combos, Injury Updates, Rosterbating

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
John Klingberg (Hip): 90% after off-season surgery; Hopes to be 100% by camp

Rich Peverley (Heart): Working out with the team off-ice; Not skating yet

Brett Ritchie (Pinkie): Hopes to be ready to participate in camp

"I just jarred my finger a little bit; I hope to be ready for training camp," Ritchie said. "It's hard to tell right now after the injury but I think I'll be fine."

Stars general manager Jim Nill didn't seem overly concerned by the injury after having a brief conversation with the 2011 second-round pick (No. 44) at the end of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ritchie has a Glennie-type injury if that counts.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Been posted elsewhere, but with the report Ritchie is out two weeks, he could potentially play the 5th and 6th pre-season games at home against Florida and Tampa Bay.

One of those would often be a close to full roster dress rehearsal, and last year the final game was mostly AHLers.

If I had to guess this potentially eliminates his chance of starting on the roster against Chicago outside of another injury to a Top 6 player.

MetalGodAOD*

Dallas Stars GM Jim Nill talks about the status of Colton Sceviour (shoulder surgery) and John Klingberg (hip surgery).

“As far as I know, they are good to go. Klingberg is just getting comfortable with it. Sceviour we’ll watch closely. He’s kind of on the bubble for the time frame for that operation, but he should be a go for the scrimmages.”

I wasn't even aware Sceviour had surgery. Must have missed that. Sucks he may not be 100%.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So the injury report is growing:

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika

Stars injury report: Nichushkin and Daley could play Friday. Sceviour close to pre-season game. Klingberg, they will be careful with.

Nothing serious sounding at all though.

Way better news ... don't know why Heika left this off:

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge

Valeri Nichushkin and Trevor Daley getting close, both could play Friday. Brett Ritchie getting close as well. Friday may be a possibility.

Stars still being cautious with Colton Sceviour and John Klingberg, but both expected to get in preseason games.

Ritchie may be ahead of schedule!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

@StarsInsideEdge Brett Ritchie no longer wearing the red no-contact jersey.

Brett Ritchie is a super human healer.

Probably not. he'd be about a day or two ahead of schedule if he can play Friday.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Way better news ... don't know why Heika left this off:

Ritchie may be ahead of schedule!!!!!!

Great news. I'd been concerned that Ritchie would be out longer since Drouin also broke a finger and will be out 3-4 weeks but it sounds like Ritchie is healing quickly and the break must not have been too serious. Gonchar might be back by Friday too since they said he'd only be a few days. It sounds like we could have everyone playing by next week

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah ... OHL games are going to have to wait. 4 of the walking wounded are in the game group this morning meaning they should play.

Per Mark Stepneski ...Nichushkin, Ritchie, Sceviour, and Klingberg all could be in.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
2nd concussion in 6.5 months. First also the result of a collision in net ... I guess that's obvious though.

First one occurred because of a collision on 3/8. He didn't play again until 3/18.

I would not say he's a lock for Game 1. He was awful in the March 18th game. Good this is mild, but subsequent concussions tend to linger.

MetalGodAOD*

This really isn't good considering he was struggling in the pre-season already. Sidelining him a few weeks isn't going to let him get into form any quicker.

Might be a rocky few weeks to start the season with our goaltending.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
2nd concussion in 6.5 months. First also the result of a collision in net ... I guess that's obvious though.

First one occurred because of a collision on 3/8. He didn't play again until 3/18.

I would not say he's a lock for Game 1. He was awful in the March 18th game. Good this is mild, but subsequent concussions tend to linger.

Was that the one where his helmet flew off and he hit the crossbar with his bare head? Can't remember who charged him, some scrub from Minny perhaps? :dunno:

EDIT: Erik Haula, if memory serves correctly.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
On the positive side of all of this, maybe we'll see some Jack Campbell this season.

I like Kari, but we definitely shouldn't have all of our eggs in one basket with him. Lindback is clearly a backup ONLY. The media and coaching staff all seem to be in love with the Hamburgler, but I'm still not yet convinced he can win us a cup. We need a legitimate Plan B, if Lehtonen falters. Jack looked really good in the preseason game and I'd like to see him in at least 10 games this season to get a better look at him. Maybe if Lehtonen continues to have some injury issues, we can get a large enough sample size to finally guage whether or not Campbell has a legitimate right to the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad