Prospect Info: 2014/15 OKC Barons Thread 2: Gerry Fleming Named Head Coach of the Condors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
Logjam up front in Bakersfield it's looking like. Going to be a lot of good players who played key roles in OKC taking on either a minimized role, or will find themselves in Norfolk. Players such as the Jones twins for example if they sign ahl deals.

Glad to see Matt Ford sign on. Great attitude, and very consistent. You always know what you're getting out of him. Wouldn't be surprised to see the C on him or Davidson.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
So what does this team look like for next year if our only rookie on the big team is McDavid.

Hamilton-Drai-Miller
Slepyshev-Yakimov-Pakarinen
Winquist-Khaira-Ford
Kessy-Platzer-Stretch
Moroz

Nurse-Reinhart
Hunt-Davidson
Laleggia-Musil
Oesterle-Simpson

Broissoit
Laurikainen

I don't really know what the roster was looking like last season so this was my best guess the forward combinations I was really not sure on.

Edit: I forgot about Greg Chase who likely would slot in on the 4th line RW though I really don't know and am not sure if Stretch is still with the team.

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So what does this team look like for next year if our only rookie on the big team is McDavid.

Hamilton-Drai-Miller
Winquist-Khaira-Ford
Kessy-Platzer-Stretch
Moroz

Nurse-Reinhart
Hunt-Davidson
Laleggia-Musil
Oesterle-Simpson

Broissoit
Laurikainen

I don't really know what the roster was looking like last season so this was my best guess the forward combinations I was really not sure on.

Edit: I forgot about Greg Chase who likely would slot in on the 4th line RW though I really don't know and am not sure if Stretch is still with the team.

Alexis Loiseau and Ben Betker will also be in the mix I'm sure

Also I'm pretty sure Simpson is ahead of Musil on the depth chart, and Oesterle might also be ahead of Laleggia. Quite the log jam on d if Nurse and Reinhart both start there.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Alexis Loiseau and Ben Betker will also be in the mix I'm sure

Also I'm pretty sure Simpson is ahead of Musil on the depth chart, and Oesterle might also be ahead of Laleggia. Quite the log jam on d if Nurse and Reinhart both start there.

Plus whatever they end up doing with Martin Gernat

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Guessing the roster

Anton Slepyshev - Leon Draisaitl - Iiro Pakarinen
Ryan Hamilton - Bogdan Yakimov - Andrew Miller
Jujhar Khaira - Kyle Platzer - Tyler Pitlick
Mitch Moroz - Greg Chase - Matthew Ford

Kale Kessy, Alexis Loiseau, Connor Rankin, Braden Christoffer, Josh Winquist in the ECHL

Darnell Nurse - Griffin Reinhart
Brad Hunt - Brandon Davidson
Dillon Simpson - David Musil

Jordan Oesterle, Joey LaLeggia, Martin Gernat, Ben Betker in ECHL

Laurent Brossoit
Eetu Laurikainen

Ty Rimmer in ECHL

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
Guessing the roster

Anton Slepyshev - Leon Draisaitl - Iiro Pakarinen
Ryan Hamilton - Bogdan Yakimov - Andrew Miller
Jujhar Khaira - Kyle Platzer - Tyler Pitlick
Mitch Moroz - Greg Chase - Matthew Ford

Kale Kessy, Alexis Loiseau, Connor Rankin, Braden Christoffer, Josh Winquist in the ECHL

Darnell Nurse - Griffin Reinhart
Brad Hunt - Brandon Davidson
Dillon Simpson - David Musil

Jordan Oesterle, Joey LaLeggia, Martin Gernat, Ben Betker in ECHL

Laurent Brossoit
Eetu Laurikainen

Ty Rimmer in ECHL

Now that is one heck of a roster to start the season. My guess is that Reinhart, Draisaitl and Nurse will be up in the NHL by November...If so plenty of guys able to come back here

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I wonder if they look to add a veteran C to the roster?

Draisaitl, Yakimov, Chase, Platzer, and Khaira is a very young group. Two pro rookies, two sophomores, and Leon with 1/2 an NHL season (and likely less than half an AHL season this year).

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
As the roster stands now... (also are the Jones twins signed? If not plug in Kessy and Khaira or Moroz there)

Hamiton-Draisaitl-Miller
Wilmquist-Platzer-Ford
Jones-Jones-Chase

Davidson-Hunt
Nurse-Reinhart
Simpson-Oesterle

Brossoit
Nillson

PB: Musil, Gernat, Moroz, Kessy, Khaira
ECHL: Betker, Laleggia, Laurikainen, Rimmer, Christoffer, Rankin, Loiseau, Pageau

I rather not have Laleggia in the ECHL but there's no spots available on defence so he'll have to wait, same with Betker. However with how bad injuries were last year, depth can be a good thing.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
As the roster stands now... (also are the Jones twins signed? If not plug in Kessy and Khaira or Moroz there)

Hamiton-Draisaitl-Miller
Wilmquist-Platzer-Ford
Jones-Jones-Chase

Davidson-Hunt
Nurse-Reinhart
Simpson-Oesterle

Brossoit
Nillson

PB: Musil, Gernat, Moroz, Kessy, Khaira
ECHL: Betker, Laleggia, Laurikainen, Rimmer, Christoffer, Rankin, Loiseau, Pageau

I rather not have Laleggia in the ECHL but there's no spots available on defence so he'll have to wait, same with Betker. However with how bad injuries were last year, depth can be a good thing.

No, the Jones twins Are not signed as of now. I'm pretty sure they only signed a 1 year AHL contract last season, as 2 year ahl deals are pretty rare.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Pretty well exactly what I expected to go along with the logo. I do really like the talon holding an oil drop as the shoulder logo though, simple but a really nice touch.

Not a lot of surprise there, but they look pretty good (especially the Blue away jerseys). I'd like to see an Orange 3rd jersey, but it sounds like they won't have time to do anything like that this year with the ECHL to AHL changeover dominating their time/effort this off-season.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Gerry Fleming was announced as the head coach of Bakersfield, but I'm on mobile and it's kind of a pain to do tweets. Could someone post the tweet?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Did I hear it correctly that teams will play different amount of games based on conference?

That's pretty bush league.

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Well..................

Actually within your division. All the California teams play 68 games. The other two teams in your division, San Antonio and Texas play 76 just like the rest of the league. I for the life of me don't understand this.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I wonder if they look to add a veteran C to the roster?

Draisaitl, Yakimov, Chase, Platzer, and Khaira is a very young group. Two pro rookies, two sophomores, and Leon with 1/2 an NHL season (and likely less than half an AHL season this year).

Really no need.. Khaira proved his worth in AHL playoffs.. Yak2 and Drai dont need sheltering in AHL. Maybe add a checking veteran C but there really isnt a big need.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
http://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/news/gerry-fleming-named-head-coach/

Here's the article. Flemming looks solid. Not so sure about Houle. He didn't show much in Bakersfield last year.

Houle thinks outside the box which is a good thing. However he never held the players accountable when they screwed up. Marty Raymond interviewed for the job and obviously they chose him over Marty and I think that was a big mistake. Marty has a name here and is well respected. he could have sold a lot of seats here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad