Prospect Info: 2014/15 OKC Barons Thread 2: Gerry Fleming Named Head Coach of the Condors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Nurse sent down with 3 others to Bakersfield. Doubt he's there all year, but wow.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nurse sent down with 3 others to Bakersfield. Doubt he's there all year, but wow.

It was quite the possibility before camp, then in camp with Reinhart stepping up it was becoming more apparent he'd be sent down.

Better for all. He still has some learning to do and will get a lot of pro minutes in Bakersfield.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
It was quite the possibility before camp, then in camp with Reinhart stepping up it was becoming more apparent he'd be sent down.

Better for all. He still has some learning to do and will get a lot of pro minutes in Bakersfield.

Agreed. The off season pick ups of Gryba and Reinhart made this happen. Better for the Oilers long term, and should be fun for Bako fans to see.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just a heads up, the Heat/Condors pre-season game is on the radio, you can find it on the Stockton website. But things are really getting intense. Kale Kessy fought Hunter Smith and then Kessy threw his helmet in celebration and all hell broke loose.

Kessy ended up getting 5 for fighting, 2 for roughing, 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct, 10 minute misconduct (for his 2nd fight of the night) and a game misconduct.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just a heads up, the Heat/Condors pre-season game is on the radio, you can find it on the Stockton website. But things are really getting intense. Kale Kessy fought Hunter Smith and then Kessy threw his helmet in celebration and all hell broke loose.

Kessy ended up getting 5 for fighting, 2 for roughing, 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct, 10 minute misconduct (for his 2nd fight of the night) and a game misconduct.

Damn! Thanks for the heads up. Not big on that kind of showboating but Kessy was undoubtedly fired up as he didn't see a single second of preseason hockey here.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Damn! Thanks for the heads up. Not big on that kind of showboating but Kessy was undoubtedly fired up as he didn't see a single second of preseason hockey here.
I admittedly know nothing about the guy, but looking at his career numbers I suspect he is only around for 1 reason. But this is minor league hockey so bush league antics will happen because it is a bush league :laugh:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I admittedly know nothing about the guy, but looking at his career numbers I suspect he is only around for 1 reason. But this is minor league hockey so bush league antics will happen because it is a bush league :laugh:

He has some skill, he's not a complete plug or anything. That said his physical play and toughness are definitely the best parts of his game.

So I assume that he dropped Smith to celebrate in such a fashion?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Betker and Laurikainen are playing tonight as well as Musil, Platzer and Kessy obviously.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Heat up 4-1 now and you'd think that they just won the Calder Cup with that goal call!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Heat up 4-1 now and you'd think that they just won the Calder Cup with that goal call!
:laugh::laugh: Yeah, dude is over the top. I like him other than the goal calls. He is better than the idiot that did the Adirondack games, that guy was terrible, I don't think he had seen a hockey game before.

You should have heard him on the 1st goal when Garet Hunt (who spent 7 years with the Thunder) scored to open the game haha

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
:laugh::laugh: Yeah, dude is over the top. I like him other than the goal calls. He is better than the idiot that did the Adirondack games, that guy was terrible, I don't think he had seen a hockey game before.

You should have heard him on the 1st goal when Garet Hunt (who spent 7 years with the Thunder) scored to open the game haha

Yeah a lot of minor league guys try a little too hard! :laugh: It definitely sounded like the Heat dished out a beating on us tonight.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah a lot of minor league guys try a little too hard! :laugh: It definitely sounded like the Heat dished out a beating on us tonight.
It was also his first AHL game too after being the ECHL guy for 2 years. The last PBP for the Abbotsford Heat (Brandon Astle?) was the same at first but toned down alot after the first few games. But I would rather have too excited than have it sound like they're calling a golf match :laugh:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It was also his first AHL game too after being the ECHL guy for 2 years. The last PBP for the Abbotsford Heat (Brandon Astle?) was the same at first but toned down alot after the first few games. But I would rather have too excited than have it sound like they're calling a golf match :laugh:

Yeah he'll probably tone it down in time.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014

Not many AHL players made the trip up to Stockton for the Condors. Tonight against the Barracuda, there should be a more representative roster.

The Condors released Currie, Lessard, Pelech, Ranger, Whitney, Daly, Marciano, and Roussel from their try-outs

They also assigned G Ty Rimmer, C Alexis Loiseau, C Connor Rankin, and LW Marco Roy to Norfolk.

Here's the pregame video for tonight's game from the Condors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXVGvvgdv1g&feature=youtu.be

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not many AHL players made the trip up to Stockton for the Condors. Tonight against the Barracuda, there should be a more representative roster.

The Condors released Currie, Lessard, Pelech, Ranger, Whitney, Daly, Marciano, and Roussel from their try-outs

They also assigned G Ty Rimmer, C Alexis Loiseau, C Connor Rankin, and LW Marco Roy to Norfolk.

Here's the pregame video for tonight's game from the Condors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXVGvvgdv1g&feature=youtu.be

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Scrivens on waivers. Headed to Bako if he isn't claimed.
That is unfortunate for probably Laurikainen (sp?) who is probably headed to Norfolk in that case and maybe even Broissoit if he losses playing time to Scrivens.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
That is unfortunate for probably Laurikainen (sp?) who is probably headed to Norfolk in that case and maybe even Broissoit if he losses playing time to Scrivens.

I would hope that the Oilers wouldn't cut too much into Brossoit's playing time. Development should take priority.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
We now have Scrivens and Draisaitl. Conflicting info on Scrivens. Paper stated that he was too expensive for the back up role. It also stated that he needs to play but so does LB. Who is the #1??? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad