Speculation: 2014-15 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread (Cap, Roster, etc) - Part IV (Mod Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Do not want to trade Ryan Hartman, no way no how! I have Ryan Hartman penciled in as the Chicago Blackhawks third line right winger for the 2015-16 NHL Season.

Since Teuvo Teravainen was not my 2012 NHL Draft "binky", taking into account the manner which the 2011-12 Chicago Blackhawks defense played, he can be shipped out
!

What the hell does this statement even mean? :help:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No way Florida moves the first for that package. They'd be trading a game breaking talent for solid, but not great pieces

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Do not want to trade Ryan Hartman, no way no how! I have Ryan Hartman penciled in as the Chicago Blackhawks third line right winger for the 2015-16 NHL Season.

Since Teuvo Teravainen was not my 2012 NHL Draft "binky", taking into account the manner which the 2011-12 Chicago Blackhawks defense played, he can be shipped out!

Annnnd.. Again!

Boxer-Punch-Himself-in-Head.gif

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
No way Florida moves the first for that package. They'd be trading a game breaking talent for solid, but not great pieces

Depending on who they take at 6th overall, it'd be a great return.

The best forward in this draft could very well be taken anywhere from 4-10th overall.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Not as excited as shipping out Kris "princess or prima donna" Versteeg or Michal "decrepit pylon" Rozsival.

Princess? You just can't help yourself about Kris Versteeg ever. Is he really that attractive to you that you have to call him a woman EVERY TIME you criticize his hockey play?

SLarmer28*

Princess? You just can't help yourself about Kris Versteeg ever. Is he really that attractive to you that you have to call him a woman EVERY TIME you criticize his hockey play?
As far as I am concerned, Kris Versteeg can take his abhorrent puck management skills along with his pansy act and put them on display in Buffalo during the 2014-15 NHL Season. That would ensure the Buffalo Sabres the worst record in the NHL next season.

SLarmer28*

Attractive .... NO!

Repulsive .... YES!

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
So are these rumors about Sharp getting into an altercation at a bar with an "important teammate" (supposedly it was Kane he punched) true? There are also rumors about him cheating on his wife. Who knows if any, half or most of this is true, but it is going around.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
So are these rumors about Sharp getting into an altercation at a bar with an "important teammate" (supposedly it was Kane he punched) true? There are also rumors about him cheating on his wife. Who knows if any, half or most of this is true, but it is going around.

I hear there are rumors that Sharp might have 11 toes, true or not, you be the judge!

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I wouldn't mind giving up a little bit for Spezza. We get the "loaded roster with a 2C" for next year, minus the long term cap problems we'd get with Stastny or Kesler.

However, I was reminded of this this morning. Hawks rumors aren't true. It isn't how Bowman operates.

Spezza is a one-way player that Q would not endorse trading for. He's also had back issues. End of story there. Kesler would be the player of choice, but we have the dilemna that Canucks will want too much. As I said earlier, Stastny is probably the safest of the 3, when it comes to long term health, but again, we don't know the asking price. I reckon all of these guys may stay on the market until late August, when more realistic asking prices emerge.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Spezza is a one-way player that Q would not endorse trading for. He's also had back issues. End of story there. Kesler would be the player of choice, but we have the dilemna that Canucks will want too much. As I said earlier, Stastny is probably the safest of the 3, when it comes to long term health, but again, we don't know the asking price. I reckon all of these guys may stay on the market until late August, when the the realistic asking prices emerge.

Maybe, but I have a hard time believing these rebuilding teams in huge markets don't want to get at least some new talent now from this draft.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Spezza is a one-way player that Q would not endorse trading for. He's also had back issues. End of story there. Kesler would be the player of choice, but we have the dilemna that Canucks will want too much. As I said earlier, Stastny is probably the safest of the 3, when it comes to long term health, but again, we don't know the asking price. I reckon all of these guys may stay on the market until late August, when more realistic asking prices emerge.

I think waiting it out helps the Hawks. Anaheim has that 10 overall pick they can dangle. You'd think the Nucks would like to take their guy at that spot if that pick is part of the package.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think waiting it out helps the Hawks. Anaheim has that 10 overall pick they can dangle. You'd think the Nucks would like to take their guy at that spot if that pick is part of the package.

Exactly, I really don't see Kesler making it through the draft. And if he does, I think they'll just hold onto him until the TD. He probably gets dealt to Anaheim today.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

I agree with this. I much prefer Stastny to Spezza. A seven year contract would be onerous, but a small price to pay for the cups I think we'd win.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I agree with this. I much prefer Stastny to Spezza. A seven year contract would be onerous, but a small price to pay for the cups I think we'd win.

I'll tell you what, Stastny isn't my first choice and not one of my favorite players but he is young and he is good 2 way. Less would be expected of him here and he'd obviously be a tremendous addition and upgrade. The fact that he is a UFA is appealing in that we can keep our assets and he'll be locked in long term so Bowman can't just let him walk in a year or two like Spezza or Kesler. We'd be stuck with him. I like that. I also like that St. Louis wants him and we can get in the way of that major upgrade for them.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
For the Blackhawks, the more people you talk to around the league the past few days, the more you hear about Chicago making calls and looking at a number of different scenarios. They might very well be an active team here over the next seven to 10 days.

What a joke, can't believe people still write this stuff. No matter how much making moves makes sense for this team, it is just not going to happen. It's completely antithetical to Bowman's philosophy and 5 year history. He'll never do it. The prospects are the hill he dies on.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
What a joke, can't believe people still write this stuff. No matter how much making moves makes sense for this team, it is just not going to happen. It's completely antithetical to Bowman's philosophy and 5 year history. He'll never do it. The prospects are the hill he dies on.

Our 2013 cup winning team contained many pieces we traded for. Oduya, Rozsival, Leddy, Frolik, Handzus. All 5 of those played big roles in our cup. They don't count though because they weren't blockbusters? Do you think we win the cup in 2013 without those pieces that Bowman traded for? Honestly.

He also drafted Saad and Shaw who played on that team by the way.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Our 2013 cup winning team contained many pieces we traded for. Oduya, Rozsival, Leddy, Frolik, Handzus. All 5 of those played big roles in our cup. They don't count though because they weren't blockbusters? Do you think we win the cup in 2013 without those pieces that Bowman traded for? Honestly.

He also drafted Saad and Shaw who played on that team by the way.

Those were good moves but 2012 and 2014 called for the center move that never came. He lost us two Cups those years. Also should have kept Campbell instead of signing all of the retreads if he wasn't going to get a C.

nickynick001

Jun 3, 2014

Just because the moves make sense to you doesn't mean they make sense in reality. You want to to trade the teams top prospect who is under contract for less then 1 million dollars for the next three season, for a 29 year old often injured center who had 18 assists last season. Oh and he makes 5 million per year for the next 2 seasons.

I want nothing to do with Kesler. I like Stastny and I think he could help, but the reality is the Hawks don't have the cap space. If they ship out Sharp it might work. But then a prospect would have to produce this season.

nickynick001

Jun 3, 2014
Those were good moves but 2012 and 2014 called for the center move that never came. He lost us two Cups those years. Also should have kept Campbell instead of signing all of the retreads if he wasn't going to get a C.

Soupy had a 7 million dollar cap hit! This is revisionist history:help:

TCD Travesty

Mar 30, 2014

So the reason you're so unhappy with the work put into two Cups in five years is because you honestly believe it should have been four Cups in five years?

Even that hobbled 2012 team that lost to the Coyotes in the first round?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
So the reason you're so unhappy with the work put into two Cups in five years is because you honestly believe it should have been four Cups in five years?

Even that hobbled 2012 team that lost to the Coyotes in the first round?

Yep, that 2012 team was a god damn debacle. We launched Campbell and spent the money on Brunette, O'Donnell, Montador etc. I still don't know what the hell he was thinking. We took major steps backwards that offseason. The 2011 team would have swept the 2012 team. That was one of the strangest seasons I have ever watched. 2014 comes straight down to launching Frolik for picks. That was the difference.

It's not so much that we definitely would have won. It's that we handicapped ourselves and didn't come close to giving ourselves the best chance.

nickynick001

Jun 3, 2014
Yep, that 2012 team was a god damn debacle. We launched Campbell and spent the money on Brunette, O'Donnell etc. I still don't know what the hell he was thinking. We took major steps backwards that offseason. The 2011 team would have swept the 2012 team. That was one of the strangest seasons I have ever watched. 2014 comes straight down to launching Frolik for picks. That was the difference.

It's not so much that we definitely would have won. It's that we handicapped ourselves and didn't come close to giving ourselves the best chance.

Campbell had a 7 million dollar cap hit! Sharp and Seabrook got new deals and more money in 2012! It was impossible to keep Campbell and keep the core together. Its hard cap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad