Speculation: 2014-15 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread (Cap, Roster, etc) - Part IV (Mod Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 151739

Please continue.

Do not post any Sharp rumors about any "off-ice problems." They do not come from a legitimate source. They are considered libelous. This is your official warning.

13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Last edited by a moderator:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So to recap the last thread:

-Q and Stan are garbage.
-We need to get a 2C or we may as well not even play next year
-Our window is close....and fast :scared:
-Being homegrown is not the way to do it
-We're standing pat while every other team in the West is starting to pass us up
-The Kings were already given the Stanley Cup for next year

What else did I miss boys?

TCD Travesty

Mar 30, 2014

-Q and Stan are garbage.
-We're standing pat while every other team in the West is starting to pass us up

-Teams would love to retain 50% of big name contracts because that's the neighborly thing to do.
-Keith, Seabrook, Hammer, Bickell = DONE.
-LA, STL, MIN, and COL are going to be trading Cups forever and a day.

Pailhead

Oct 30, 2011
Plymouth, MI

-Q and Stan are garbage.

The future of the Blackhawks looks awfully bleak.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
After the Rangers bought him out, Richards is the UFA I'd look at. He'd fit our team and needs and I think he could be had for about 3 million a year. That's something we could afford, still trade in a year or two and it would make us better in the end. Richards would have less pressure with us too

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Minor depth signings with trading Versteeg...not the most flashy but could work.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

FORWARDS
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Brandon Saad ($0.764m) / Teuvo Teravainen ($0.894m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Bryan Bickell ($4.000m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.325m) / Andrew Shaw ($2.000m)
Ryan Carter ($0.800m) / Manny Malhotra ($0.800m) / Ben Smith ($1.400m)
Brandon Bollig ($1.250m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($4.100m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.375m)
Nick Leddy ($2.700m) / Michal Rozsival ($2.200m)
David Rundblad ($0.785m) /
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($6.000m)
Antti Raanta ($1.400m)
BUYOUTS
Steve Montador ($0.000m)
Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,800,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,906,795; BONUSES: $630,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $893,205

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I think he is a guy we should look at. Not having to be the guy will only help him. He'd make our roster better and is much more realistic than Thornton, Spezza, Stastny or Kesler

Sophist

Jul 31, 2010
Minor depth signings with trading Versteeg...not the most flashy but could work.

FORWARDS
Brandon Saad ($0.764m) / Teuvo Teravainen ($0.894m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Ryan Carter ($0.800m) / Manny Malhotra ($0.800m) / Ben Smith ($1.400m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($4.100m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.375m)
Nick Leddy ($2.700m) / Michal Rozsival ($2.200m)
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($6.000m)
Antti Raanta ($1.400m)
BUYOUTS
Steve Montador ($0.000m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
SALARY CAP: $69,800,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,906,795; BONUSES: $630,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $893,205

Well, Bowman's already said you can expect Versteeg to be here, despite most of us wishing he wouldn't and imagining him into trades . . . . I don't know that you can count on Teuvo starting the season with Chicago, let alone plug him into the top 6. I think something's going to happen at the bottom end of the D, too, to make room for Johns/Clendenning in the 6 or 7 spots.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think he is a guy we should look at. Not having to be the guy will only help him. He'd make our roster better and is much more realistic than Thornton, Spezza, Stastny or Kesler

he really couldn't even make an impact on the Rangers offense which is well below our standards (had a decent 50 points reg season). Richards got dropped to the 4th line for the second playoffs in a row (benched under Torts the prior year)...not the type of guy we need to bring in to be honest.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
he really couldn't even make an impact on the Rangers offense which is well below our standards (had a decent 50 points reg season). Richards got dropped to the 4th line for the second playoffs in a row (benched under Torts the prior year)...not the type of guy we need to bring in to be honest.

But maybe playing around better players would improve him? Not saying I agree or disagree with you, just throwing that out there.

I mean, after all, that's the only reason Toews and Kane are as good as they are.

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Well, Bowman's already said you can expect Versteeg to be here, despite most of us wishing he wouldn't and imagining him into trades . . . . I don't know that you can count on Teuvo starting the season with Chicago, let alone plug him into the top 6. I think something's going to happen at the bottom end of the D, too, to make room for Johns/Clendenning in the 6 or 7 spots.

I could see something like this if they move Rozy but moving Oduya would be better cap wise

CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Brandon Saad ($0.764m) / David Legwand ($2.250m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Kris Versteeg ($2.200m) / Manny Malhotra ($0.700m) / Ben Smith ($1.400m)
DEFENSEMEN
Duncan Keith ($5.538m) / Brent Seabrook ($5.800m)
Johnny Oduya ($3.375m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($4.100m)
Nick Leddy ($2.700m) / Klas Dahlbeck ($0.613m)
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($6.000m)
Antti Raanta ($1.200m)
BUYOUTS
Steve Montador ($0.000m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$0
------
SALARY CAP: $69,800,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,775,962; BONUSES: $283,333
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $24,038

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
But maybe playing around better players would improve him? Not saying I agree or disagree with you, just throwing that out there.

I mean, after all, that's the only reason Toews and Kane are as good as they are.

If he signs on the cheap for a year or two I'm all for it. 50 points on a team in the bottom half of the league offensively isn't bad. His dip in production in the playoffs is concerning but he was significantly better this year than last.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012

-Q and Stan are garbage.

This is good. Sums it pretty nicely.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Eklund was texted a rumor that Chicago was offering Sharp for Spezza + OTT draft picks.

Think this is just more noise around Spezza in desperation to drive his haul for Ottawa up. Sharp still has that NMC per capgeek.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Eklund was texted a rumor that Chicago was offering Sharp for Spezza + OTT draft picks.

Think this is just more noise around Spezza in desperation to drive his haul for Ottawa up. Sharp still has that NMC per capgeek.

He has a modified NTC. But I don't know why he'd put Ottawa on his list.

Hawks82

Dec 4, 2011

I was watching NHL Network last night, they were talking about Spezza, one of the panelists did mention that Ottawa could want someone in return to match Spezza's production.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Guaranteed Sharp isn't available.

If they are making a big splash it has to be sharps slot leaving. This actually makes sense to me more then most trade proposals thrown around this board. The guys here who hate bickel and have him moving in all trades makes me laugh. Big heavy who for the second year in a row finished playoffs on the hawks top line aint the piece getting moved in a conference with the blues, kings, ducks all looking to get bigger. Sharp also has slipped below saad in my mind because saad is another fairly big boy who can skate and he showed dominance toward then end of the playoffs. sharp is moving in any deal that returns a big piece.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Definite no on Richards. Too old, too slow. No longer effective in the top 6. Bad on the PP.

PASS.

Sorry but a poor finals doesn't make him worthless

He actually was solid for Rangers in regular season and he is faster then Handzus

If effectiveness on PP is how we judge players then many of Hawks best players must be terrible. Also Richards had 5 PP goals and 14 A on PP which would put him 4th on Hawks this past year (Ahead of Toews , Hossa , Saad and Shaw)

20 goals + 31 assists this past year with Rangers. No reason to think he cant be a caretaker #2C

Teuvo is likely not ready for role and a vet like Richards at affordable cost is a major upgrade over Handzus and anything else Hawks could slot into that role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad