League News: 2014-15 Around the League IV (NHL News, Scores, Highlights, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I could be wrong, but I think it was a play on his last name Ehlers vs. Ahler.

Tobey-Maguire-Funny-Face-I-See-What-You-Did-There.jpg

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
One thing I haven't really heard anyone talk about when they talk about the Ducks and Bruce being fired is the similarity to his situation with the Caps. Builds an offensive powerhouse, wins TONS of regular season games, crashes in the playoffs. The situation looks almost the same to me, he's lost the team.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
One thing I haven't really heard anyone talk about when they talk about the Ducks and Bruce being fired is the similarity to his situation with the Caps. Builds an offensive powerhouse, wins TONS of regular season games, crashes in the playoffs. The situation looks almost the same to me, he's lost the team.

The Ducks' defense is on a completely different level than those Caps teams, though. Fowler, Vatanen, Lindholm, Despres is a solid and super-young top 4 group.

Also I don't know if he's "crashed" in the playoffs, he's made it farther every season he's been in Anaheim (lost to Chicago in the 3rd; lost to LA in the 2nd; lost to Detroit in the 1st; missed playoffs). He lost to the past 2 Cup winners...

I think the Ducks will turn it around, especially since the Pacific isn't all that good - I think they're the 3rd best team at worst (behind LA and maybe San Jose). I just hope they don't fire Bruce.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Remember when Connor McDavid was overhyped and overrated? Yeah, me neither.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Remember when Connor McDavid was overhyped and overrated? Yeah, me neither.

I questioned whether or not his dominance and separation would carry over to the NHL, or if it was a product of his competition. Question answered.

But I couldn't have been TOO skeptical since I drafted him pretty high in both my fantasy leagues.:sarcasm:

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Are people really complaining about 3-3 OT??

I think it's marvelous.
It's a joke. It's just as much of a talent show and I've seen way more penalty shot than I've ever seen 3v3. I'll go a step further, I've never seen 3v3 outside of OT and it's not like a I don't watch a lot of hockey.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Whoa!! I thought he was doing ok?

If it smells like fish.....people still refuse to believe it.

He has definitely changed. It's like he went from being 28 years old to 40 years old in the span of 2 years.

He is trying stuff, at both ends of the ice, but he looks like he has lost his passion for hockey. It's almost like he's being forced to play.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He has definitely changed. It's like he went from being 28 years old to 40 years old in the span of 2 years.

He is trying stuff, at both ends of the ice, but he looks like he has lost his passion for hockey. It's almost like he's being forced to play.

I can't believe there's no main board thread.

It's sad about Semin but one can easily see why the Caps never wanted to give him a longterm deal.

If he had half the heart and will to be great that Ovy has, he'd still be here. One of the bigger unfulfilled NHL talents in the last 10 years..KHL soon? I'm assuming someone there wants him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad