League News: 2014-15 Around the League IV (NHL News, Scores, Highlights, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
See I always heard Semin asked for 1 year deals and nobody could figure out why. Do we have verification that he was seeking long-term deals during that time, and fell back on shorter deals for more money?

The only verification I have is my talk with Old Man Patrick at a Season Ticketholder Advisory Board meeting. It was suggested they were interested, but no where near the asking price. Semin chose to roll the dice instead, got his mega deal and eventually his buyout. Exactly what the Caps hoped to avoid happening had they signed him to a similar deal. NOT signing that deal was one of McPhee's best decisions in DC honestly.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The only verification I have is my talk with Old Man Patrick at a Season Ticketholder Advisory Board meeting. It was suggested they were interested, but no where near the asking price. Semin chose to roll the dice instead, got his mega deal and eventually his buyout. Exactly what the Caps hoped to avoid happening had they signed him to a similar deal. NOT signing that deal was one of McPhee's best decisions in DC honestly.

Not signing Semin was a good decision by GMGM, but trading him before would've been an even better decision. We would've had a replacement top line RW right away, instead of waiting 3 years to get Oshie.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not signing Semin was a good decision by GMGM, but trading him before would've been an even better decision. We would've had a replacement top line RW right away, instead of waiting 3 years to get Oshie.

I agree, letting him walk for nothing after waiting too long was a huge mistake. Anyway....will be watching this story all year with the Habs.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
3 straight games scratched? Wow...I figured he would finally get it and put in a better effort. This might be the end..

Paul Byron and Flash sealed his fate by scoring a few goals each the other day. I can't believe we're watching Sasha's last games in the NHL, at the age of 31. What a disappointment :shakehead

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Paul Byron and Flash sealed his fate by scoring a few goals each the other day. I can't believe we're watching Sasha's last games in the NHL, at the age of 31. What a disappointment :shakehead

HUGE disappointment. As critical as I've been over the years after finally getting fed up with him in DC, hate to see him throw his career away like this. Such a waste of world class talent.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
HUGE disappointment. As critical as I've been over the years after finally getting fed up with him in DC, hate to see him throw his career away like this. Such a waste of world class talent.

To me Semin looks like a guy who has lost his passion for hockey. He barely shows any emotion while playing, and he goes through the motions all the time. Maybe it's psychological.

His injuries may have ruined his confidence as well.

Xaroc

Aug 3, 2005
Semin is their 4th best possession player on a team that is mediocre at that aspect of the game. I am guessing this is just a scapegoat benching from a coach looking for more "grit" and "compete level".

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Semin is their 4th best possession player on a team that is mediocre at that aspect of the game. I am guessing this is just a scapegoat benching from a coach looking for more "grit" and "compete level".

He had two brutal turnovers which directly led to a goal against the Leafs. He creates some chances by passing the puck around but won't shoot. Scratching him was understandable, but MT is a complete moron for trying Flynn next to Eller and Galchenyuk.

Tough break for Connor McDavid, hope he gets well soon. The kid is a stud.

Seguin destroys the Boston Ruins with a hatty.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Everywhere he's gone his fans claim he's being scapegoated. Will this last into his KHL years?

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I'm watching the Pens-Canucks game, and it's funny how awful it is. Both teams pass to no one more than the Caps do at their worst days, like a bad soccer team that can move the ball between defenders, but as soon as they need to make a slicing pass, it's always in a gray area.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Pens-Nucks game is a mess. So many defensive miscues, you'd think both teams were rolling a Green-Erskine pairing. Both MAF and Miller are sharp though.

Sid is very frustrated.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I didn't think it was possible to root for a guy in a Pens jersey, but I don't care, I still like F16 and am happy to see him succeed. I'd take him back in a minute. Great reach, decent finisher, team-oriented guy.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
The Pens-Nucks game is a mess. So many defensive miscues, you'd think both teams were rolling a Green-Erskine pairing. Both MAF and Miller are sharp though.

Sid is very frustrated.

Pens have quietly strung together a bunch of wins. I guess I was wrong about what a mess they were. I still think the coach is junk and will have to be replaced, but team didn't go into the free fall I was expecting. At least not yet.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Pens have quietly strung together a bunch of wins. I guess I was wrong about what a mess they were. I still think the coach is junk and will have to be replaced, but team didn't go into the free fall I was expecting. At least not yet.

They're getting bailed out by Good Fleury.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Eric, 2 games, 2 SHG.
We should buy out Laich in the summer and resign Fehr.

Don't see the point of buying out Laich with only one year left. At that point you just swallow your medicine. Buying him out would make his cap impact last longer.

As much as I love Fehr, I was fine with letting him walk. Him going to the Penguins really really really sucked. But I don't think Fehr was a quality 3C on a line that's not focused around cycling. In other words, once we lost Ward, Fehr probably had to move back to RW for the Capitals. He'd be an upgrade at 3RW over Burakovsky and Wilson for now, but probably not a long term fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad