League News: 2014-15 Around the League IV (NHL News, Scores, Highlights, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I fantasized about the Caps getting out of Laich's contract because he got hurt during the lockout.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Folks, following some deleted posts here's a reminder about site libel rules. If there aren't confirmed reports from credible media sources then something potentially libelous can't stand and is against the rules. This currently applies to the Richards saga that's apparently playing out in LA.

13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

This is being enforced across all of HF.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I have no idea who Martin Jones is, but the Sharks trading their 1st is a very bad sign for anyone hoping to pick up a forward from them.

Martin Jones was the Kings' backup. Many people speculated that he was ready to be a starter. Sharks lost Niemi, they replace him by a younger option.

Good move for both sides.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 21m21 minutes ago

Morin, Tropp, Anisimov and Dano and 4th in 2016 for Saad, Paliotta and Alex Broadhurst. CBJ-CHI deal.

I bet this may take Sharp off the table? No way Chicago gives away Sharp for prospects/picks now that they lost a 20+ goal top 6 guy, right?

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
Wait, did Sweeney just make a good move?

And what am I missing about Martin Jones?

I don't agree with the giving up much asset wise for goalies but if you're going to Jones is a much better bet than some goalies that have been traded recently. Numbers have been solid every leagues he's played in which is probably the biggest indicator for a goalie having success at the NHL level

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't agree with the giving up much asset wise for goalies but if you're going to Jones is a much better bet than some goalies that have been traded recently. Numbers have been solid every leagues he's played in which is probably the biggest indicator for a goalie having success at the NHL level

I would have thought that Eddie Lack has atleast close to similar amount of value as Martin Jones. Yet one went for 3rd round pick and the other for 1st round pick + prospect.

For a team like Sharks that could very well finish bottom-10 again next season that is... interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad