GDT: 2013 NHL Draft (part 2)

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
Interesting to see no one take a late-round flyer on Alex Forsberg...

not interesting to me at all. he didn't exactly light it up and when his trade demand got denied he fled to another league. not exactly the character you want to have around.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
i'm surprised no one took a stab at patrik zdrahal from the titan or jean sebastien dea from the huskies.

projects of course but worth a late round pick imo. would have prefered them over shore.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Add Brendan Kitchton to the "why didn't we take a late round gamble on" list.

He is older, but he was the best player in the WHL last year and would've fit our team style.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
not interesting to me at all. he didn't exactly light it up and when his trade demand got denied he fled to another league. not exactly the character you want to have around.

I didn't want him here either (definitely does not fit into a clubhouse filled with the kind of guys Murray likes), but he's the kind of guy that teams with very shallow prospect pools might take a gamble on in later rounds. Talent is still there, it's up to someone to maybe coach him through his head issues at this point.

I thought someone with a garbage farm system (Philly?) might have taken a flyer on guys like that.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I didn't want him here either (definitely does not fit into a clubhouse filled with the kind of guys Murray likes), but he's the kind of guy that teams with very shallow prospect pools might take a gamble on in later rounds. Talent is still there, it's up to someone to maybe coach him through his head issues at this point.

I thought someone with a garbage farm system (Philly?) might have taken a flyer on guys like that.

:naughty:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
so the ott sj trade shown on the board before the draft might have had something to it?
Murray saying he was close and had the opportunity to trade back with sj but decided to just take lazar at 17

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
good draft talk with tim murray on sens tv (last video uploaded)

-lazar was in their first group of 4 or 5 guys they weren't really expecting to be there for them. (next group was 4 or 5 guys they were expecting to be there)
-a lot of the guys on their lists were taken in the first 2 rounds making them a little worried, but worked out ok he thinks
-hopes that lazar is a top quality type of player for them and that 1 or 2 others turn into something for them equaling a successful draft
-long day, hard decisions, very happy with results

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
https://twitter.com/nhl_sens

Marcus Högberg ‏@marcushogberg1 17h
Very proud to be selected by Ottawa Senators #nhldraft
Retweeted by Ottawa Senators

Vincent Dunn ‏@DunnVincent 14h
no better feeling than to be drafted in your hometown. can't believe it! love the feeling! so proud to be part of the sens army! #gosensgo

Ben Harpur ‏@bharpur07 17h
Wow. What a feeling! Honoured to be a part of the @NHL_Sens organization! #dreamcometrue

Quentin Shore ‏@QShore27 14h
Very excited to join the @NHL_Sens organization! I am looking forward to seeing the city and getting to work #SensNation

TL7 ‏@tlindberg7 9h
So proud to be picked by the Ottawa Senators! A dream come true. @NHL_Sens #nhldraft

Chris Leblanc ‏@CLeblanc22 16h
Couldn't be happier to be drafted by @NHL_Sens. Absolutely speechless

Curtis Lazar ‏@CurtisLazar95 5h
Waking up a member of #sensarmy is a great feeling. Happy Canada day everyone! #allsmiles #happycamper

Last edited:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Hey guys, thanks for smoking Montreal in the playoffs. It changed out draft positions and we were able to get Shinkaruk and Subban before them. Dispite the non-stop goalie drama, I felt this was a really good draft for Vancouver.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hey guys, thanks for smoking Montreal in the playoffs. It changed out draft positions and we were able to get Shinkaruk and Subban before them. Dispite the non-stop goalie drama, I felt this was a really good draft for Vancouver.

Umm... you're welcome?

Buuuuuutt... Us beating the Habs had nothing to do with your draft position, though. You guys finished with 59 points, they finished with 63. The only way Montreal could have picked before you was if you guys had made the Conference Finals.

We'll take the congratulations anyways, though. YOU'RE WELCOME! :laugh:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Umm... you're welcome?

Buuuuuutt... Us beating the Habs had nothing to do with your draft position, though. You guys finished with 59 points, they finished with 63. The only way Montreal could have picked before you was if you guys had made the Conference Finals.

We'll take the congratulations anyways, though. YOU'RE WELCOME! :laugh:
At the time of their defeat, it ensured our draft pick could be no worse than 25th overall. You guys had a hand with how things settled for optimal trolling. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad