2013 New Jersey Devils (Team/Player Discussion)-Offseason FA and trade talk Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
you really must not understand the whole signing RFAs early thing, do you? this happens ALL the time. go look at what Roman Josi just got...you think he is worth that contract right now? no. but in a few years, he probably will be.

I also never said he would get over $3.5 definitively. so do not put words in my mouth.

i do get it mr. condescending pants. i dont get what your point is though? i really have no idea. i say he won't and shouldn't get more than clowe and ryder and you say im crazy. then you say you dont think he'll get 3.5(less than ryder and clowe). wtf is your point then or are you just arguing for the fun of it? obviously you pay for potential a little, but you dont get a monster deal after a season and a half.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
he already IS that. 67 points in 117 games is like .57 points per game.

He was the center for Parise and Kovy when he got .69 pts per game. That is a HUGE reason why he got 51 pts. Last season playing with Clarkson, Zubrus and D'Agostini he was .38 pts per game.

IMO his potential is 20-25 goals with not many more assists unless he plays with high quality scorers.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the funny part is most of the people saying Kovy and Parise made Henrique are the SAME ones won want Brunner, the product of guys like Zetterburg and Datsyuk

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
he'll be playing with parise and kovy in the future? oh no thats right...i think he'll be a 50 point player, but saying he already is an established 50 point player is moronic.

i mean, right now he is a ~0.58 point per game player, which essentially equals close to 50 points over a full season. not sure what other facts you want.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the funny part is most of the people saying Kovy and Parise made Henrique are the SAME ones won want Brunner, the product of guys like Zetterburg and Datsyuk

id love to see find/be shown some solid evidence of Brunners linemates during the season. ive seen alot of people say hes a product of Z and Dats, and alot of other people who say he wasnt with them that much. I dont know what to believe, didnt see alot of Wings games this year

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
i mean, right now he is a ~0.58 point per game player, which essentially equals close to 50 points over a full season. not sure what other facts you want.

Maybe the fact that he won't be playing with 2 all world players? Quite a large fact if you ask me. Is Zajac a 60+ point player bc of what he did in the past? Uh no. Henrique can be a 50 point player but he could easily not reach that potential. I think he will but you're acting like he's some lock or 50 every year. He's played 1.5 seasons, lets cool it guy.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
id love to see find/be shown some solid evidence of Brunners linemates during the season. ive seen alot of people say hes a product of Z and Dats, and alot of other people who say he wasnt with them that much. I dont know what to believe, didnt see alot of Wings games this year

Brunner linemates 5on5 TOI
#1 Zetterberg
#2 Franzen

He was also 4th on the team in 5on4 time. Didn't play on the PK.

apice3*

Henrique isn't signed yet. Once he signs, we'll get a Brunner and Jagr update.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
Henrique was on pace for more goals this year than in his rookie year. That was without Zach, and coming off an injury. He also got cold when pretty much the entire team got cold so I'm not about to single him out. I also really don't care who he played with in his rookie year, he put up 51 points for us and scored 2 of the most clutch goals in this franchises history.

The kid has been a big moment player at every level. You can't put a price tag on that. He's future captain material and is the epitome of what this organizations identity is. But we're complaining that 3.5 - 4 per would be too much, or even considering letting him walk via offer sheet when we have no forward except Zajac locked up long term? No thanks. Would rather keep Henrique and take the chance of him being a 1-1.5 mil per year overpayment than lose him for what could end up being nothing.

I've always found the “he's a product of†argument ridiculous too. About as ridiculous as “but he played with the Devils. He'll easily score eleventy bagillion more points per season with us now!!!†In junior he was “a product of Taylor Hall.†In the NHL he's “a product of Kovy and Parise.†Must've been a product of our highly talented Albany forwards when he got 25 goals 25 assists in 73 games as a rookie down there too. Crazy idea...maybe the kid is just talented??

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Why wouldn't you? You save cap space for guys like Brunner to get them signed and if he elevates his play he gets more $$, if not we pay him accordingly.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just hope Jagr isn't gonna dick us around. Didn't he promise Mario he'd sign with the Penguins two years ago, and then went off to the Flyers? I remember some kind of controversy involved in that.

On a more positive note though, I think we have a better chance of Jagr than Brunner. We've heard much more about Jagr than we have Brunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad