2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Marty probably wasn't his fault. At/after July 1, the whole situation with Marty was waiting for the Parise thing to play out. Pretty much all of our free agents knew that and waited it out, knowing that the distribution of dollars was unknown until that part was factored in. Once it was known what the Devils were going to offer at least, that's when the other dominoes could start to fall in place. That's exactly how it played out with all of the guys that stayed. And lets not forget the small possibility Brodeur was intrigued to experience free agency, even if he had no intention of leaving. This was his first time hitting unrestricted free agency after all.

And the fact Marty wanted two years - with good reason as it turned out, since this year nearly blew up - and Lou wasn't willing to do that until he 'had' to.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Good for you Marty, glad you're ready and I hope you are ready at the onset because there isn't a lot of time to learn the ropes.

Still not getting my money though :dunno:

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Here's to hoping batch never sees a game in a devils uni. Not even so much for the twitter shenanigans but he is an unnecessary roster spot.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'd rather have Barch than Janssen, but I'd much rather have neither. Carter can fight, Bernier can, Gionta's dropped gloves in the A, we have Clarkson, and I'd love to see any of them playing hockey against a line with Shelley or Rupp or Macintyre.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
I really like Cam as a person. Think he's a great guy to have around the locker room. Just keep him off the ice.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
personally I think we need a guy in the lineup that can **** people up during the regular season. Have to protect our players so they can be healthy for the playoffs. If anything just to have that sense in there that if you do something to our stars our goon can **** up your star.

Checks and Balances

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
personally I think we need a guy in the lineup that can **** people up during the regular season. Have to protect our players so they can be healthy for the playoffs. If anything just to have that sense in there that if you do something to our stars our goon can **** up your star.

Checks and Balances

I agree but I prefer tough guys that can actually play hockey. Janssen and Barch can't. Clarkson and Carter are perfectly capable of keeping teams in check IMO. Also Kovy. Our team was amazing when we had a 4th line capable of playing hockey, it would be cool if we could keep it that way

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
I agree but I prefer tough guys that can actually play hockey. Janssen and Barch can't. Clarkson and Carter are perfectly capable of keeping teams in check IMO. Also Kovy. Our team was amazing when we had a 4th line capable of playing hockey, it would be cool if we could keep it that way

If im the other team I am not afraid of Clarkson or Carter. I am in favor of seeing who the opponent is and letting the standings dictate the lineup.

BUUUUTTTTTT

we only need Barch OR Cam.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If im the other team I am not afraid of Clarkson or Carter. I am in favor of seeing who the opponent is and letting the standings dictate the lineup.

BUUUUTTTTTT

we only need Barch OR Cam.

Exactly.

When Janssen was signed, everyone was like awesome we have an enforcer. Boulton was then signed and we were like what the ****? Same thing when Boulton was bought out and then Barch and we are like WHY!?!??!?!?!?!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Should Zubrus not be brought back, it will be an underrated loss because large in part due to his versatility

I'd be surprised if he isn't back, he just fits the Devils/Lou mold

I definitely want Zubrus back. And Lou better do everything in his power to make sure Patty is a lifer.

I'm interested in seeing what Matt Shaw does with the powerplay

As am I. We have the pieces to run a good one, let's see if he can spark some magic.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
I don't think people are afraid of Janssen or Barch. It's not like they are out there throwing big hits. They lug around the ice for 5 mins a game fight the goon on the other team and then sit on the bench the rest of the game. Gionta is more threatening than those two.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I definitely want Zubrus back. And Lou better do everything in his power to make sure Patty is a lifer.

As am I. We have the pieces to run a good one, let's see if he can spark some magic.

I know some people who passionately hate Zubrus, and I don't get why. I honestly don't. They say he's a big body who isn't physical at all and gives the puck away. Eventually, I just realized they all hated him and would justify everything I said as a negative, so I gave up.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I wonder when we're going to name our captain? I assume before or during camp?

During camp, however short it is, seems like the sure bet. Parise was the obvious captain before last season, but DeBoer waited until the end of camp to name the captain.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Out if curiosity what is everyone's expectations of this devils.squad this year? Biases aside, playoff team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad