2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I want a forward. Get it done, Lou.

this teams strength will be around its deep defense this season...we are strong at center with henrique.zajac.carter.jofeson

thats how you build a team.....we have a good fourth line im liking the team makekup at this juncture

need a surprise season from the likes of josefson and maybe even tedenby becoming a regular

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This off-season is pretty important for the near future of this organization

Zajac, Clarkson, Elias, Zubrus, Zidlicky all are UFAs

Henrique, Josefson, and Tedenby are RFAs

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
This off-season is pretty important for the near future of this organization

Zajac, Clarkson, Elias, Zubrus, Zidlicky all are UFAs

Henrique, Josefson, and Tedenby are RFAs
For better or worse, the only UFA on that entire list I would say it's absolutely vital we not lose is Zajac.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I'm excited to see Josefson (hopefully) play a full season; well as full of a season as we're having.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
For better or worse, the only UFA on that entire list I would say it's absolutely vital we not lose is Zajac.

Ehhh.... on an individual basis, I guess you're right. But its also a quantity issue. We can't afford to lose that many forwards in one shot, especially with our current depth, or lack there of, at some positions. I really don't think they can afford to lose Clarkson or Elias, both for depth and production reasons. If we had logical ways to replace them in both those areas right away, then that's one thing. And the generic "go out and sign someone" doesn't necessarily fly. At least, not so simply with this team

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Should Zubrus not be brought back, it will be an underrated loss because large in part due to his versatility

I'd be surprised if he isn't back, he just fits the Devils/Lou mold

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not gonna put much stock in Tedenby this season.

Me neither he did score again in Albany today though. I doubt he gets a one way contract this Summer even if he does good. It's just not long enough of a sample size in a 48/50 game season to see if he'll stick full time after bouncing out last year. Butler may not even get a one way, and he's been solid since Henrique went down. I expect he will get a raise since he's making league minimum. Tedenby likely won't get much of one.

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
Here is my concern for this season... The fact we have to play Philly, NYR and Pitt so many times. Each and every one of those games is going to be huge.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lou needs to change this dated philosophy of his. I understand if he thinks it's a distraction to do it during the season, but why not the Summer before? I don't put Parise on him at all, but if we lose some of these guys this Summer I'll be pretty iritated with the way Lou's been doing business. Last July 1st was a mess. Marty shouldn't have had to sniff the UFA market, and neither should Patty this year unless he absolutely wants to.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Here is my concern for this season... The fact we have to play Philly, NYR and Pitt so many times. Each and every one of those games is going to be huge.

Hoping we just play in division 5 times instead of the 7. 7 games against the rags, pens, and flyers is going to be dreadful.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If our ownership has our house in order, we should be able to retain our forward guys.

Clarkson's interview today I didn't like. I'm just reading too much into it probably, but the part about how he's been in Jersey for a while, and it's been good to be able to spend some time up home in Toronto with his family, and friends. Could he possibly consider going to Toronto? The league's only team to not make the playoffs once in the new NHL?

He seemed like he was open to Lou offering a contract extension. If he goes to the market who the hell knows what he gets. Probably more than it's worth for us to keep him. I expect Toronto to not re sign Clarke MacArthur if they get Clarkson. He would be a good replacement. Either way if guys leave we're gonna have to start signing guys next Summer. There are no forward prospects left for us other than a couple guys who haven't turned pro yet.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hoping we just play in division 5 times instead of the 7. 7 games against the rags, pens, and flyers is going to be dreadful.

That's why I'm already annoyed the PA is dragging its feet in confirming the CBA. I wouldn't mind 48 games starting in two Saturdays, but the unbalanced schedule is really making me queasy. 5/3 (division/conference games) would be a lot better.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's why I'm already annoyed the PA is dragging its feet in confirming the CBA. I wouldn't mind 48 games starting in two Saturdays, but the unbalanced schedule is really making me queasy. 5/3 (division/conference games) would be a lot better.

Of course if that happens we'll likely have 3 games at MSG, and Philly, and Pittsburgh too, and they get 2 games in our building of the 5. It will probably come down to who won last years season series if I had to guess in an odd amount of games series. We lost the season series to Philly, and the Rangers even though we beat both in the playoffs!:laugh: Pittsburgh we split the series with, but they finished higher so that's probably the tiebreaker there. If that's the way things go we'll have home ice advantage against the Isles haha!

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Lou needs to change this dated philosophy of his. I understand if he thinks it's a distraction to do it during the season, but why not the Summer before? I don't put Parise on him at all, but if we lose some of these guys this Summer I'll be pretty iritated with the way Lou's been doing business. Last July 1st was a mess. Marty shouldn't have had to sniff the UFA market, and neither should Patty this year unless he absolutely wants to.

Marty probably wasn't his fault. At/after July 1, the whole situation with Marty was waiting for the Parise thing to play out. Pretty much all of our free agents knew that and waited it out, knowing that the distribution of dollars was unknown until that part was factored in. Once it was known what the Devils were going to offer at least, that's when the other dominoes could start to fall in place. That's exactly how it played out with all of the guys that stayed. And lets not forget the small possibility Brodeur was intrigued to experience free agency, even if he had no intention of leaving. This was his first time hitting unrestricted free agency after all.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
38m Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Brodeur: "“It’s sad for me to hear that a lot of people think the game has been damaged and people won’t come back."

37m Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Brodeur:"We’ll get back all the guys & try to give them the game of hockey. It’s not the business of hockey that the fans should be a fan of
Expand

36m Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Brodeur:"The business of hockey (stinks). It’s not fun. The game of hockey is great and we’ll just work hard to get these people back.”
Expand

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Brodeur said he was "really itching to come back." "It just tells me I'm not ready to retire."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Sorry I made you sad, Marty. :( I promise to be an extra good Devils fan this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad