Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Odd, I seem to remember Murray or someone saying a few weeks ago that they wanted to give him 10 days of practice with the team before inserting him.

meh, If MacLean says he's ready...I don't doubt for second he will hesitate at putting him in.

Ideally if the team is healthy(minus Spezza and Cowen), I'm hoping Da Costa and Boroweicki are sent down soon.

Really hoping we'll be looking at this in a few days:

Latendresse-Turris-Alfie
Michalek-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
O'Brien-Regin-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Weircioch-Gonch
Phillips-Lundin

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Apparently Lundin slots into the top 4 with Gonchar. So, something like this is what we're rolling,

Methot - Karlsson
Lundin - Gonchar
Phillips - Benoit

Looks really balanced, not sure what else to say about it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looks really nice. Especially with how good Benoit has been. If Lundin can step in and be solid our back end looks really strong.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The importance of line combinations - on sportsnet east right now

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Adjustment

Zibanejad-Turris-Alfie
Michalek-DaCosta*-Silfverberg
Greening-Regin-Neil
OBrien-Smith*-Condra

Last edited:

WhiteLight*

No I like Smith there. Smith is playing his best on that 2nd line. Sucks that SDC doesn't have more talented linemates, but the Michalek line needs a physical presence, and SDC needs defensively responsible wingers.

49 shots tonight or whatever. Forwards played well, need more finish but what can you do, hot goalie and they're mostly grinders.

Defense needs to be fixed though.

Zibanejad - Turris - Alfredsson
Michalek - Smith - Silfverberg
Condra - Da Costa - O'Brien
Greening - Regin - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Gonchar
Borowiecki - Phillips

Lehner

Andy needs a rest

DonthaveaCOWEN

Jul 29, 2010
Love the guy, and he still does a lot of little things right (Phillips) ..But man, MacLean must pull his hair out trying to find the right 2nd and 3rd pairings on D where Phillips lack of speed won't be a big liability

General Granny*

I have no idea what the **** he was trying to do in that 2on1.

I really hope he retires this season, his spot is better suited for one of the young guys.

Next season I say roll with

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen- UFA dman
Wiercioch- Borocop/Ceci
Gryba

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Honest question (not trolling) : if given the choice, would you rather have Benoit or Brian Lee right now? Lee paired well with Phillips last year. Imagine this:

Methot - Karlsson
Lundin - Gonchar
Phillips - Lee
(+ Weir and Boro).

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like Benoit, it's pairing him with Phillips that's a bit dicey in my opinion.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Honest question (not trolling) : if given the choice, would you rather have Benoit or Brian Lee right now? Lee paired well with Phillips last year. Imagine this:

Methot - Karlsson
Lundin - Gonchar
Phillips - Lee
(+ Weir and Boro).

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like Benoit, it's pairing him with Phillips that's a bit dicey in my opinion.

None. Well, I'd rather have Benoit but in a 7th role.

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Phillips-Lundin
Benoit

Solid defense but damn Cowen is injured. Replace him by Wiercioch. Big shoes to fill but I think he's capable to replace him partially.

Lee? Who cares? Mike Lundin is everything you'd wish Brian Lee could develop into

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
None. Well, I'd rather have Benoit but in a 7th role.

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Phillips-Lundin
Benoit
partially.
Solid defense but damn Cowen is injured. Replace him by Wiercioch. Big shoes to fill but I think he's capable to replace him PARTIALLY

Lee? Who cares? Mike Lundin is everything you'd wish Brian Lee could develop into

I think the partially is a great choice of words. He will certainly match or exceed the offensive aspect of Cowen. But the defensive part is a work in progress and still open to question.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Methot - Karlsson
Lundin - Gonchar
Phillips - Lee
(+ Weir and Boro).

Benoit, EASILY.

I'd take Benoit at 3x his current salary over Lee at the league minimum.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Ian Mendes @ian_mendes 6m
Senators have just sent Mark Borowiecki back down to the AHL. There was no way they were keeping 8 defensemen up here.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I gotta say, when MacLean tinkered with the lines before the Buffalo game, I was really skeptical. I would leave all 4 just they way they are now, really like how everyone is playing.

Silfverberg is getting more chances, only a matter of time before he starts putting a few in, Zibanejad is a great addition to the Turris line, and everybody seems to be clicking.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
What? Thats sarcasm right?

i think he's been playing better overall and is going to get even better as he plays more. benoit is all over the ice (in a good way), skates all the way back and makes saves on the goal line, blocks more shots, is almost as good offensively. gonchar makes more mistakes.
only thing he is lacking in comparison is veteran leadership.

not sarcasm

edit:maybe a bit harsh based on his first game back. let's see how they compare in the next 5. (5.5 mil vs .650)

Last edited:

WhiteLight*

dude, Gonchar is putting up at least half a point per game.

Gonchar was matched against Skinner and J. Staal last night and kept them in check the entire game despite a less than stellar partner.

Benoit has one shift, 1 shift, against J. Staal, and they score against him

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
dude, Gonchar is putting up at least half a point per game.

Gonchar was matched against Skinner and J. Staal last night and kept them in check the entire game despite a less than stellar partner.

Benoit has one shift, 1 shift, against J. Staal, and they score against him

so you're saying the goal against was benoit's fault?
benoit is playing with phillips.
he has 3 pts in his first 10 games playing almost half the mins. gonchar gets (gonchar has 5 pts)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Benoit has been very good. He's made maybe a couple mistakes and it just so happens that those mistakes were capitalized on for goals. Ottawa hasn't been able to do the same against other teams with consistency -- it's just a matter of opportunities. Benoit has been playing well and there's no reason to start piling on him because of one game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad