2013 Entry Draft Order

TylerSVT*

If the Penguins win, their pick is either 29 or 30, depending on the outcome of the SCF.

If the Penguins lose and...
a) Chicago loses, their pick is #27
b) Chicago wins, their pick is #28

Go Bruins/Kings!

I would rather see Iginla win his cup than watch us draft 27th instead of 30th.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I would rather see Iginla win his cup than watch us draft 27th instead of 30th.

I'd rather have the pick, for trading, 27 looks better than 30.
I love Jarome, but the Flaming C means more to me than he does. Also, watching Bartkowski's play in the playoffs makes me sad. He would have been a good guy to have in Calgary with Koko lol.

TylerSVT*

Could be the difference between drafting Corey Perry and Shawn Belle.

Doesn't change my statement about the draft order whatsoever.

Or Namestinikov and Rakell
Or Visentin and Brock Nelson
Or Philippe Paradis and Simon Despres
Or John Carlson and Thomas McCollum
Or Brendan Smith and Nick Ross

But yea...

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Drafts are such a crapshoot that three draft places won't really matter (especially when they're that late in the 1st round).

TylerSVT*

Drafts are such a crapshoot that three draft places won't really matter (especially when they're that late in the 1st round).

Exactly. Plus as you move down the draft, the likelihood that teams "lists" are the same changes drastically.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I'd rather have the pick, for trading, 27 looks better than 30.
I love Jarome, but the Flaming C means more to me than he does. Also, watching Bartkowski's play in the playoffs makes me sad. He would have been a good guy to have in Calgary with Koko lol.

Seeing Bartkowski makes me optimistic about the guys Calgary got from Pittsburgh. No one on HF thought Bart was anything special during that trade debacle; not until the playoffs hit. In that same way, no one thinks much of what Calgary got from Pittsburgh, but seeing Bart play reconfirms that Calgary's scout staff really does know what they're doing.

Aug 3, 2010
That 2nd rounder to Montreal looks brutal now.
Not that I am THAT optimistic, but the last time Calgary traded a 2nd rounder where a relatively unknown Finnish goaltender was involved, the Flames received the best goaltender they had ever had in franchise history.

Like I said, I'm not even 75% convinced, but you know, "history repeats itself" and all that... :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Seeing Bartkowski makes me optimistic about the guys Calgary got from Pittsburgh. No one on HF thought Bart was anything special during that trade debacle; not until the playoffs hit. In that same way, no one thinks much of what Calgary got from Pittsburgh, but seeing Bart play reconfirms that Calgary's scout staff really does know what they're doing.

Don't forget, no one thought much of the St. Louis package... and then Cundari pots 3 points in his first 2 games and Berra shows some serious talent in the WC.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't forget, no one thought much of the St. Louis package... and then Cundari pots 3 points in his first 2 games and Berra shows some serious talent in the WC.
And from the Pens Agostino was one of if not the best forward for the National Champs. Hanowski looks to be a very smart player too, I know so many people are looking at his skating but christ that kid knows where to be when he is on the ice and isn't afraid to go to the net.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
And from the Pens Agostino was one of if not the best forward for the National Champs. Hanowski looks to be a very smart player too, I know so many people are looking at his skating but christ that kid knows where to be when he is on the ice and isn't afraid to go to the net.
how tall is agostino? i see anywhere from 5-11 to 6-2

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I know as much as you on that :laugh:

but I would trust the Yale site as they have the most access to him and they list him at 6'1", 200lbs.

I only saw his NCAA tourney games but he looked great in both ends. He plys alot like Ryan Callahan which is who he models his game after.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Yeah, he seems to either be listed at 5'11'', outside of the Yale official, that has him listed at 6'1''.

We can just say he's six foot, and call'er even lol.:laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
2 left to decide

There seems to be a decent amount of confusion when it comes to the order of the draft picks for teams that are in the post season. So I am going to try to keep this thread updated with each elimination. I will list where the picks sit currently, the highest pick possible for each team and lowest pick possible for all eliminated teams.

Let us start with what we actually know:
  1. Colorado Avalance (Won draft lottery)
  2. Florida Panthers
  3. Tampa Bay Lightning
  4. Nashville Predators
  5. Carolina Hurricanes
  6. Calgary Flames
  7. Edmonton Oilers
  8. Buffalo Sabres
  9. New Jersey Devils (Must forfeit 1st round pick in 2013 or 2014 due to cap circumvention)
  10. Dallas Stars
  11. Philadelphia Flyers
  12. Phoenix Coyotes
  13. Winnipeg Jets
  14. Columbus Blue Jackets
  15. New York Islanders
  16. Minnesota Wild (Traded to Buffalo Sabres)
  17. Ottawa Senators
  18. Detroit Red Wings
  19. New York Rangers (Traded to Columbus Blue Jackets)
  20. San Jose Sharks
  21. Toronto Maple Leafs
  22. St. Louis Blues (Traded to Calgary Flames)
  23. Washington Capitals
  24. Vancouver Canucks
  25. Montreal Canadiens
  26. Anaheim Ducks
  27. Los Angeles Kings (Traded to Columbus Blue Jackets)
  28. Pittsburgh Penguins (Traded to Calgary Flames)

In the works.

• Boston Bruins (Traded to Dallas Stars)
    • Highest - 29
    • Lowest - 30
  • Chicago Blackhawks
    • Highest - 29
    • Lowest - 30

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

If Agostino can be anything like Callahan in a top 6 role for us I'll be ecstatic and more than happy to eat crow.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
and it's finalized.

I will be updating again to add in additional rounds.

do you guys just want say 1-3 or all 7 rounds?
Final 1st round Draft Order of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft in New Jersey!

1. Colorado Avalance (Won draft lottery)
  2. Florida Panthers
  3. Tampa Bay Lightning
  4. Nashville Predators
  5. Carolina Hurricanes
  6. Calgary Flames
  7. Edmonton Oilers
  8. Buffalo Sabres
  9. New Jersey Devils (Chose to keep 2013 pick, will forfeit 2014 1st round pick)
  10. Dallas Stars
  11. Philadelphia Flyers
  12. Phoenix Coyotes
  13. Winnipeg Jets
  14. Columbus Blue Jackets
  15. New York Islanders
  16. Minnesota Wild (Traded to Buffalo Sabres)
  17. Ottawa Senators
  18. Detroit Red Wings
  19. New York Rangers (Traded to Columbus Blue Jackets)
  20. San Jose Sharks
  21. Toronto Maple Leafs
  22. St. Louis Blues (Traded to Calgary Flames)
  23. Washington Capitals
  24. Vancouver Canucks
  25. Montreal Canadiens
  26. Anaheim Ducks
  27. Los Angeles Kings (Traded to Columbus Blue Jackets)
  28. Pittsburgh Penguins (Traded to Calgary Flames)
  29. Boston Bruins (Traded to Dallas Stars)
  30. Chicago Blackhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad