2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
A bit off topic but it seems like David Fischer is stepping up his play:

He went to the echl, had 50 points (6g 44a) and won the Kelly cup. After that he went to tier 2 german league and did well and now he is in the DEL and doing good too.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=95353

What the ceiling we saw in fischer is a smooth skating d-man that is able to pot 5-10 30-40 assists a season I guess right? His lack of physicality didnt help him though

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
How long is the drive from Montreal to Laval ?

I've never paid attention.

Also, that's at least 3 years away ?

The stadium is not even being built as of right now.

Plus Laval is pretty much Quebec version of Hamilton.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
A bit off topic but it seems like David Fischer is stepping up his play:

He went to the echl, had 50 points (6g 44a) and won the Kelly cup. After that he went to tier 2 german league and did well and now he is in the DEL and doing good too.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=95353

What the ceiling we saw in fischer is a smooth skating d-man that is able to pot 5-10 30-40 assists a season I guess right? His lack of physicality didnt help him though

I asked about him a while ago. Apparently he re-signed in Germany. So, mid-term career seems to be in the DEL.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=262930&page=7

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Election almost over. Quebecers don't like Marois, she's losing to someone the reporters had to look up and did not expect to be talking about in her own riding, though it's close. It will be shocking if she's not retired in 6 months.

Laval is a large suburb of Montreal. 15 minute commute, longer in rush hour.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
How long is the drive from Montreal to Laval ?

I've never paid attention.

Also, that's at least 3 years away ?
I live in Laval. To get to Montreal North. It's about 7-10 minutes. To go downtown by car in rush hour, it's about 45 minutes.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
From what I hear about Hamilton, Laval is definately not like Hamilton.

As a neutral observer who has spent years hearing all the cracks about Hamilton, I think it gets a bad rap. Yes, it has a steel-town look along the main highways because it was built on steel at the harbour. But it actually has one of the best night lifes in Ontario. The village is tremendous. It also has great live music roots and is actually fairly scenic with the mountain, the water and some great walking and cycling areas.

The part I find funny is how people talk as though it's any better playing in Des Moines, Rockford or Rochester. Seriously? What do any of those towns have on any other? They're all pretty bland. Hamilton is basically Pittsburgh north. And that town is way better than it's rap too.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Been spending some time near London watching the OHL playoffs but haven't been posting here.

In five years, people will be asking why Mike McCarron wasn't drafted earlier and will completely forget people discussing why he was drafted high.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Been spending some time near London watching the OHL playoffs but haven't been posting here.

In five years, people will be asking why Mike McCarron wasn't drafted earlier and will completely forget people discussing why he was drafted high.
Are you saying that McCarron is playing pretty well now ? It's good to hear that. Thank you for your update.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

Thanks for improving my morning.:handclap:

If you go to any of the Guelph games, feel free to tell us how McCarron
looks in a really tough series. Hopefully he steps up and helps make it a
long series.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
He's been real good so far against the tough competition. A change from the reg season.
He ran into penalty trouble game 2. It didn't cost the team as the PK was perfect but he self admittedly can't do that. His board work has been solid and he's driving to the blue ice.
He's biggest draw back is that first step ( but for guys that big it's normal)

They play in London tonight n Thursday.

Should be good, hard fought games,

Hopefully London can move on. Every PO game us a learning experience.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
He's been real good so far against the tough competition. A change from the reg season.
He ran into penalty trouble game 2. It didn't cost the team as the PK was perfect but he self admittedly can't do that. His board work has been solid and he's driving to the blue ice.
He's biggest draw back is that first step ( but for guys that big it's normal)

They play in London tonight n Thursday.

Should be good, hard fought games,

Hopefully London can move on. Every PO game us a learning experience.

So your a London fan. What's the story on the missing players?

I know that the goalie is out for 8 games. But their injuries on defense?

In a self-serving way, I don't care about the forwards. Any extra ice-time

McCarron gets to play is a bonus.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
So your a London fan. What's the story on the missing players?

I know that the goalie is out for 8 games. But their injuries on defense?

In a self-serving way, I don't care about the forwards. Any extra ice-time

McCarron gets to play is a bonus.

Zach Bell broke his leg on the infamous Ho-Sang shove that earned him 15 games. Austin has mono too. Those are big minute eaters missing.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Zach Bell broke his leg on the infamous Ho-Sang shove that earned him 15 games. Austin has mono too. Those are big minute eaters missing.

Thanks for the info.

I guess Austin would depend on the severity of the mono. And Bell
is likely out for the Memorial Cup. That sounds like tough going from
here on in.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
My guess is both are done for the year. That always sucks but esp for OAs.

Gotta run with who ya got.

OHL livestream for any1 not in Guelph, London or in Ont with the sportspak.

Should be a good one.

McC line hasn't been to affected with losing Wely to D and inserting Marner. I'm really hoping the Habs find a way to grab this kid.
Look for McC to be playing more at C without Wely ( late in the year the both got time there)

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
From what I hear about Hamilton, Laval is definately not like Hamilton.

Hamilton now is nothing like the Hamilton in people's minds.

I hate Nygren for his arrogance

EDIT: Just want to clarify my Nygren comment. If a North american player were to criticize a euro city he'd be called ignorant/uncultured/closed minded. IMO, he comes from a place with little to no homelessness and he's being incredibly bratty and offensive to be 'disgusted' by Hamilton, which, like I said is not even close to being the way people say it is. As a hamiltonian I'm obviously offended but in general I think he's being a primadonna for not wanting to ride the bus.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

EDIT: Just want to clarify my Nygren comment. If a North american player were to criticize a euro city he'd be called ignorant/uncultured/closed minded. IMO, he comes from a place with little to no homelessness and he's being incredibly bratty and offensive to be 'disgusted' by Hamilton, which, like I said is not even close to being the way people say it is. As a hamiltonian I'm obviously offended but in general I think he's being a primadonna for not wanting to ride the bus.

Didn't his car get broken into? I think he just got rattled.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

As a Canadian & a lifelong Hab fan, I would say "Adios Nygren", find a trading partner like LA Kings where he can play glamor boy all day long and nobody will even notice. Except Sutter, and will he ever make life uncomfortable for Nygren, Mike Keenan style.:laugh::laugh::laugh: Good Ole Iron Mike!

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
He can make mistakes. I just didn't like the way he went about complaining. I did not hear about his car but I think even if that happened it's not a unique situation to Hamilton at all

It's certainly big business in Europe, the "Hot Car Market" is extremely lucrative over there! :laugh:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Jack Nevins having good playoffs? I think im sold on this kid, if you step up your game in playoffs, you are a good player. He seems to not be very talented but certainly has bottom 6 ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad