2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
From Hankyzetts: (Sorry for spelling :laugh: )
Thanks again. Yeah, it looks like there's a good chance to see a few of our guys in it again this year!

We got McCarron for sure. Crisp also if Sudbury goes beast mode and goes to the finals (Vail could also go with Windsor). Hudon and Grégoire in the Q may be part of it, unless Reway (Gatineau) or Fucale (Halifax) takes the cake. WHL side, I don't see Thrower and the giants or Bozon and the Ice making it, but you never know.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
From Hankyzetts: (Sorry for spelling :laugh: )
Thanks again. Yeah, it looks like there's a good chance to see a few of our guys in it again this year!

We got McCarron for sure. Crisp also if Sudbury goes beast mode and goes to the finals (Vail could also go with Windsor). Hudon and Grégoire in the Q may be part of it, unless Reway (Gatineau) or Fucale (Halifax) takes the cake. WHL side, I don't see Thrower and the giants or Bozon and the Ice making it, but you never know.

Baie-Comeau is not alone in the 'Q. Seems like half the league is contending this year... Val-D'or, BLB, Halifax, Rimouski(they're built for next year but still have a good team), Québec(idem as RIM), Gatineau, Drummond, Victo(won its last 13 games!) and Rouyn could all do damage in the playoffs.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
For those that remember Timmins saying Liam Coughlin could be a late pick last year, maybe his ex-teammate Beau Starrett could be another that the Habs should have interest in. Coughlin is now a UMass collegiate player, while Starrett is going to Cornell both could be extremely good 4th liners with scoring prowess.:handclap:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
A few months ago it seemed to a lot of people that Lefebvre/Therrien/Bergevin were doing there level headed best to destroy our prospects. Now it seems like almost all of them have been improving (maybe a few exceptions) whether they're in junior or Hamilton or the big club.

I think the only one I'm worried about is Collberg. It seems like he's improved his all round game but the reports are rare and he still sometimes gets benched. It would be more comforting if we had a more solid report on his development.

Dec 2, 2010
London is not as good as years past. If Stolarz can get back in rhythm after his injury, anything can happen in a one and done tournament.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
London is not as good as years past. If Stolarz can get back in rhythm after his injury, anything can happen in a one and done tournament.

So true, but London is in guaranteed and the team they have, with lots of preparation and practice. Hmmmm it reminds one of the Shawinigan triumph at the Memorial Cup, huge talent and hardworking players with 20 days to practice and get healthy. Hard not to consider the Knights as Champions given that opportunity, at least from that viewpoint. The Hunter Brothers are smart, they love winning as much as I do!:handclap:

Another reason I believe that McCarron will be the beastly Center the Habs are missing and they will mold him into the PWF of our dreams.:handclap:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Not sure i want McCarron at center... He would be perfect as our big powerforward winger.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Not sure i want McCarron at center... He would be perfect as our big powerforward winger.

The Habs have a few other big forwards in the pipeline that can play well as PWF wingers. Crisp is one and Nevins another. Every team in the NHL is loading up with this type of player, the Habs would be wise to trade for more draft picks this season and draft more of these players. St Louis is a huge team that wears their opponents down over three periods and cakewalks them in the 3rd period.

Without many prospects of size the Habs have to trade away talent at usually two for one to gain the necessary size, that's just bad business. Bergevin is quite aware of his team's misgivings, I'm sure after the players he's drafted to create balance on the Habs.:handclap:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm a little late, but I saw Crisp live for the first time all season on Sunday. I normally see him about 10 times a year, so this is odd.

He was as good as any Wolves player I thought. He works hard enough, gets to the openings and seems to be figuring out the type of player he needs to be. I'd still like to see him lean on guys a bit more and play the intimidation game.

He scored on a wicked snapper off the crossbar from well out. It helped that the goalie kind of ducked away from it, but still a great release. He got stoned on a similar chance later on. He also fell hard into the boards and left holding his shoulder. He did return, but didn't do much after the fall.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
A few months ago it seemed to a lot of people that Lefebvre/Therrien/Bergevin were doing there level headed best to destroy our prospects. Now it seems like almost all of them have been improving (maybe a few exceptions) whether they're in junior or Hamilton or the big club.

I think the only one I'm worried about is Collberg. It seems like he's improved his all round game but the reports are rare and he still sometimes gets benched. It would be more comforting if we had a more solid report on his development.

If ever there was a coach to match with Collberg it would be Stephane Lebeau, Hamilton's offensive coach. A phenomenal junior and AHL record holder for his 70 goal season. A truly amazing offensive mind has Lebeau, Andrighetto must be benefitting from his presence behind the Bulldog bench.

The off season addition of Crisp and Nevins will certainly help in making room for the likes of Hudon, Collberg and Lehkonen to join Hamilton and perform their magic.:nod:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He was as good as any Wolves player I thought. He works hard enough, gets to the openings and seems to be figuring out the type of player he needs to be. I'd still like to see him lean on guys a bit more and play the intimidation game.

I have a feeling the intimidation game is more likely to happen when he starts playing against adults. Once he notices these players aren't going to cower and let themselves be bullied, he will step up the physical game. I imagine a player of his stature is reluctant to put all of his effort into hitting 16 year olds.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I have a feeling the intimidation game is more likely to happen when he starts playing against adults. Once he notices these players aren't going to cower and let themselves be bullied, he will step up the physical game. I imagine a player of his stature is reluctant to put all of his effort into hitting 16 year olds.

The Bulldogs team character will become apparent in the next two years. No longer being bullied around like a Junior hockey team with no heart, Bergevin has been adding a dimension of toughness in Hamilton and Montreal. Players like Tarnasky, Fournier, Courtnall and others with a truculent nature are becoming the norm. The addition of Crisp and Nevins will only fortify the message to teams looking for a freebie when playing Hamilton, they will have missed their guess! :handclap:

Finally the Habs are developing a well balanced team as they did in the past, one that can play the game any way necessary and win.:handclap:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Bulldogs team character will become apparent in the next two years. No longer being bullied around like a Junior hockey team with no heart, Bergevin has been adding a dimension of toughness in Hamilton and Montreal. Players like Tarnasky, Fournier, Courtnall and others with a truculent nature are becoming the norm. The addition of Crisp and Nevins will only fortify the message to teams looking for a freebie when playing Hamilton, they will have missed their guess! :handclap:

Finally the Habs are developing a well balanced team as they did in the past, one that can play the game any way necessary and win.:handclap:

Is all of your positivity a Welsh thing?

How many sheep do you own? ;)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think VD, Erie, Kelowna make it.

Val d'or is too one dimensional and dependant on 3-4 players. Teams like that usually struggle to win 4 playoff rounds. Halifax is crap also, Drouin looks disinterested and they have little depth.

RN BC BBA and Victo are teams I would look at in the Q right now...

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Val d'or is too one dimensional and dependant on 3-4 players. Teams like that usually struggle to win 4 playoff rounds. Halifax is crap also, Drouin looks disinterested and they have little depth.

RN BC BBA and Victo are teams I would look at in the Q right now...

I disagree on Val d'Or. They may have the most scoring depth in the league (after BC, then again still close). Add to that one of the best PK in the league, and one of the best shot differential in the league. All they have to do really is cut down on turnovers. Gélinas and Gazzola can put a ton of points on the board but they turn the puck over a bit too much defensively (or pinch in a little much). It doesn't result in tons of shots against, but they still give up a bit too many quality chances against. If they can settle down with the acquisition of Graves and Bibeau in net, they could do some damage come playoffs time. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it all the way.

In the end, I kinda hope Baie-Comeau wins as they have the best shot at winning the Memorial Cup. No Q team will walk in London as the favorites. They'll have to play these low-scoring games and hope for lucky bounces and clutch goals on the PP. Baie-Comeau plays that style of game, and Veilleux has shown this style can work on small stretches. Although it may lead them to lose in the second round, it's also the best strategy when coming in as underdogs.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Watching the AHL skills competition and Nygren is there with his SHL club. Pretty sure he just broke the AHL's MPH record in slapshot contest. Turned it on late but caught a few seconds of what appeared to be him.

P I K E Y

Jun 16, 2010
St.John's
Watching the AHL skills competition and Nygren is there with his SHL club. Pretty sure he just broke the AHL's MPH record in slapshot contest. Turned it on late but caught a few seconds of what appeared to be him.

you are right, he broke the AHL record with a shot of 104.6 MPH

He was also saying he had no idea his shot was that hard, his first time ever recording it

P I K E Y

Jun 16, 2010
St.John's
he then went 4 for 6 then in accuracy competition. was really 4 for 5 cause he missed a pass which counted as a missed attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad