Speculation: 2013-2014 Carolina Hurricanes Trade Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My bet is Peters as well. He said they need to return to a two-goalie system (so it's one of the three), and Cam and Anton are getting the next two starts.

Although, his comments on it being a salary cap league makes me think he's entertained offers for Ward...

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
My bet is Peters as well. He said they need to return to a two-goalie system (so it's one of the three), and Cam and Anton are getting the next two starts.

Although, his comments on it being a salary cap league makes me think he's entertained offers for Ward...

Should be an easy decision then.....accept an offer for Ward, dont just entertain them.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
The Hurricanes have had in-depth trade discussions with the Toronto Maple Leafs for some time, a Carolina source close confirmed to TFP.

Gleason has been the subject of endless trade speculation suggesting he's heading to Toronto in a deal involving Leafs defenseman John-Michael Liles. However, the Leafs and Hurricanes have discussed multiple options involved several players, TFP reported earlier on Monday evening.

According to one source, speaking on the basis of anonymity, the Leafs have inquired about Hurricanes center Jeff Skinner and may have been trying to work out a deal for the 21-year-old star.

It's uncertain how in-depth talks have gone, or if they have progressed, but the Leafs made it known that defenseman Jake Gardiner and center Nazem Kadri could be available for the right price.

The Hurricanes have spoken to the Leafs about Gardiner on several occasions.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/car131230a.html

Not the greatest source, but one nonetheless.

Then there is Nick Kypreos:

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 1h
2nite speculation of #Canes Gleason to #Leafs doesn't seem to want to go away. The obvious choice still would be Liles going the other way

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Should be an easy decision then.....accept an offer for Ward, dont just entertain them.

Can't say this enough times:

If you move Ward, who's going to replace him? Peters? Khudobin?

And while Kadri and/or Gardiner would be interesting, moving Skinner isn't an option. Wouldn't put too much stake into any rumors involving him

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Moving Skinner isn't the type of shakeup this team needs, but it seems to be one of the only ones available. Gleason has to go, but that seems hard to do.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Skinner is a barely 21 year old who's scoring at a better pace than when he won the Calder with a (slightly) worse shooting percentage. On what planet is 5.75M for that a bad contract? No, he's not that great defensively, but there have been flashes where he has. As the cap continues to rise, his deal and Staal's deal will probably look right in line with everything pretty soon.

hockey_nut

Mar 19, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Yeah no chance in hell the Leafs of all people need Skinner, they have too many wingers and good quantity but hardly any quality C's.

Skinner's a natural center, drafted as one...

I don't know how a deal like this helps the canes, unless it's larger and involves Gardiner and an offensive forward to replace Skinner (ultimately a multi-player trade by both sides)

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Skinner's a natural center, drafted as one...

I don't know how a deal like this helps the canes, unless it's larger and involves Gardiner and an offensive forward to replace Skinner (ultimately a multi-player trade by both sides)

Yeah, in juniors. But he's shown nothing to me that would show that he could be an effective top 6 center in the NHL.

I like Gardiner, but I have no interest in trading Skinner in a packing that is headlined by him.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Trading Skinner would be insane. Trading Ward before his performance and continuing injury-issues become even more prevalent and letting Peters and Khudobin fight it out for #1 makes perfect sense.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Peters + Boychuk + 2014 1st for #neilyakpov

Don't forget all the talk in the summer about getting a Russian to be bff's with Semin. Khudobin was a decent hold over, but he's not actually Russian. He's from #kazawhateverstan.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Semi-serious question, will I get an infraction if I call a moron Leafs fan a hoser on the trade board?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
if Skinner goes then Kadri goes back
Liles for Gleason makes more sense. with some more going to Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad