Speculation: 2013-2014 Carolina Hurricanes Trade Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromeo87

Jul 23, 2010
I take this to mean the other GM and the owner of the NTC since JR should be open for anything at this point.

Possibly, I guess. There has been a lot of talk of Gleason to Toronto; I always found it hard to think Gleason would want to go there..

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I know they wouldn't want to buyout Ruutu and Gleason, but we are paying Eric about the same a year as it would cost to buy them out.

I am just trying to find a way to clear out our crap, and make way for new crap.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
a few more losses, and I think a coaching change is all Rutherford will make. I'm not sure what else he would be able to do as I can't see anyone taking Gleason or Ruutu..and Tlusty is injured.

Other than him panicking by trading picks/prospects for help now (which I hope he doesn't do), there aren't a lot of options for him (and it's his own fault for that).

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 18s
Seems to be more trade activity brewing around the Hurricanes. Could be an interesting night.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
‏@DarrenDreger
Hurricanes needed to move a contract, hence the Westgarth trade.

Obviously more to come if we had to move a contract. This must just be to send Nemisz to AHL to get that free roster spot. Don't do something stupid just to do something JR.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Let's make a bold move, i don't care. This organisation is ****ing mess.

Don't touch Skinner, Semin, Jordan Staal, Sekera and Faulk. And obviously Eric.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
I think Peters is at least one of the pieces to go. Chip tweeted earlier today that Anton could play in one of the games this weekend with the Canes.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Twitter just suggested John-Michael Liles' account for me to follow. Not saying it's a sign but it's definitely a sign. :sarcasm:

JustJoe2k5

Jun 5, 2006
I suppose the only question is where will Erik Cole fit into the line-up?

Skinner/Staal/Cole seems to be the most obvious line, but I suppose we'll see.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
If JR can get a 2nd for JP I'd be ecstatic. That said, it will probably be a third or a b-level prospect.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
if he had to clear a contract, that could only be clearing room for Khudobin to come back and go with 3 goalies. or could mean 1 more NHL contract coming back in any other trade we make. could be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad