Speculation: 2013-14 Trade Talk IV Fixing the Defense ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I agree with Worley that Kesler fits what Dallas needs ... almost perfectly honestly ... but I'd be extremely concerned about his long term sustainability.

Just for fun though ....

Seguin-Benn
Kesler-Nichushkin

OK ... out of my system. Don't trade for him. The cost should be ridiculous.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The guy just added:

Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA

It should be noted, Kesler's trade request goes back to the start of the season. #Canucks #NHL

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
I agree with Worley that Kesler fits what Dallas needs ... almost perfectly honestly ... but I'd be extremely concerned about his long term sustainability.

Just for fun though ....

Seguin-Benn
Kesler-Nichushkin

OK ... out of my system. Don't trade for him. The cost should be ridiculous.

I agree it would be amazing, and it would cost too much.

What would everyone give up though? I'm not as high on him as some others around here I don't think. But hypothetically I'd give a 1st + b prospect + 3rd.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Haha .... Bob Sturm's reaction to the Kesler report ... "OMGOMGOMG"

I think he likes him.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I agree it would be amazing, and it would cost too much.

What would everyone give up though? I'm not as high on him as some others around here I don't think. But hypothetically I'd give a 1st + b prospect + 3rd.

Little doubt in my mind Dallas is of the conversation unless Cody Eakin is part of the package.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Well here you go from Bobbie Mac:

Bob McKenzie: Well it's by no means guaranteed but it is a possibility. The buzz on Kesler is increasing by the day. Now, we should get the disclaimers out of the way. The Vancouver Canucks are not aggressively shopping and trying to trade Ryan Kesler, but I do believe that they're aggressively listening. Keep in mind though that Kesler has got a no-move, no-trade clause, so he's not going anywhere he doesn't want to go. Keep in mind also that he's technically injured right now, he's got a finger injury that might be broken, we're only guessing. The Canucks say he's day-to-day so hopefully that won't come into play. But the question then becomes what would the Canucks have to get back in order to consider trading Kesler? It would obviously be a lot. What they're going to be looking for is to pick up a young centre between the ages of 20-25 who can grow into the role that Kesler is in right now. Somebody that gives you a fighting chance at a reload if not necessarily a rebuild.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Little doubt in my mind Dallas is of the conversation unless Cody Eakin is part of the package.

That would not be worth it. I'd rather give up Faksa, Dickinson, or Shore +++ for Kesler than Eakin. And if that isn't enough, then I pass.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
Yeah put me in the camp that doesn't want to part with Eakin. I'm really high on him and Kesler is just a little older than I'd like if we were giving up on Eakin.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That would not be worth it. I'd rather give up Faksa, Dickinson, or Shore +++ for Kesler than Eakin. And if that isn't enough, then I pass.

I agree and I think you'll have to pass. I don't see why Vancouver would have any interest in +++++. That almost never turns out well for the other team. Look at what eventually became of the return for Joe Thornton to Boston. You almost always seem to lose the quantity over quality trades.

Kesler will attract enough interest there's no reason to settle for less.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
What about for a pick and Klesla? Depth d men are always valuable in a stretch run

Forgot about him. I don't like that Cap Geek separates the Buried players from the roster players and the minor league players. Almost always forget that is separate when I look at their salary hits.

Dallas really has no use for Klesla. Don't really see the value in paying all of his salary and half of Whintey's all for maybe a 3rd round pick. If it's a 2nd maybe, but seems pretty doubtful.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
What's our version of B Schenn, Simmonds, and a 2nd?

Chiasson, Roussel and a 1st?

That's honestly not good IMO.

Schenn/Simmonds is better than Chiasson

Simmonds/Schenn is miles better than a first

2nd is maybe, maybe equal to Roussel, but in reality it's probably better. I like Rous, but you can get Top 9 players pretty easily. He lacks a special quality.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
That's honestly not good IMO.

Schenn/Simmonds is better than Chiasson

Simmonds/Schenn is miles better than a first

2nd is maybe, maybe equal to Roussel, but in reality it's probably better. I like Rous, but you can get Top 9 players pretty easily. He lacks a special quality.

Also keep in mind Richards was traded at age 26, no history of injury, hadn't demanded a trade, and had a big term left on his contract (that last one might be a neutral thing, but I'm sure LA isn't complaining that he's signed through 2020 right now). All things working against Kesler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad